Lamar Jackson sent home sick with illness

38 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He seems to miss multiple practices each season with “illness.”  Very odd

Almost every time there is an illness there are pictures from people at parties and bars taking selfies day before he is ill. 

He is a local boy and has a lot of friends in area.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Covid is going around

This is true.  The Tour de France was affected with several riders not participating (Sepp Kuss of the US) or withdrawing during the race itself.  Some riders were who were asymptomic continued in the race.  For several days during the race, everyone was masked.  it seemed to pass fairly quickly however.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He seems to miss multiple practices each season with “illness.”  Very odd

It’s when mom rearranges the furniture annually, someone has to do the lifting…,

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

My dream job is a back up NFL qb

Honestly it seems kind of challenging.  You have to learn the offense inside and out and be helpful in the room - also need to understand how the defense is going to counter you.  Got a headset on so you're hearing the playcalls and often the first person to talk to the starter after they come off the field. 

You also need to learn opponents offenses week in and week out and essentially perform with the scout team certain plays and looks from their film.  They used to have a 3rd string guy who could do a lot of this, but now you just have the practice squad where those players tend to be developmental.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Right up until the starter gets injured.

We pray that never happens

20 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Search “Mike White Matt Milano Ed Oliver” on YouTube lol

Hahah

10 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Honestly it seems kind of challenging.  You have to learn the offense inside and out and be helpful in the room - also need to understand how the defense is going to counter you.  Got a headset on so you're hearing the playcalls and often the first person to talk to the starter after they come off the field. 

You also need to learn opponents offenses week in and week out and essentially perform with the scout team certain plays and looks from their film.  They used to have a 3rd string guy who could do a lot of this, but now you just have the practice squad where those players tend to be developmental.  

I'm down. I get a special jersey

27 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

You have to learn the offense inside and out and be helpful in the room - also need to understand how the defense is going to counter you. 

Bullpatties!

Judge, I submit into evidence:

image.jpeg.69afc2d2e9c3821c321e65bd7cc1e157.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Lamar Jackson. 

He seems like a cool, genuine, likable person. He isn't outwardly arrogant or braggadocios or unlikable in any way to me. Just a good player who consistently plays an exciting brand of football. 

He has gone from being told he should switch to WR despite a sensational college career, to being a two time league MVP. As Josh Allen says, "it's hard not to root for him".

Like others, I feel that the amount of accolades he receives relative to, say, Josh Allen, is sometimes unreasonable. I also feel like he is often given some benefit of the doubt that Josh is not given, despite Josh being unarguably superior in the playoffs. I also flat out think that Josh Allen is a better quarterback. But any frustration I have is at the media or the sports-watching world for the seeming double standards and selective recognition. None of the ill will goes toward Jackson himself.

Great player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I like Lamar Jackson. 

He seems like a cool, genuine, likable person. He isn't outwardly arrogant or braggadocios or unlikable in any way to me. Just a good player who consistently plays an exciting brand of football. 

He has gone from being told he should switch to WR despite a sensational college career, to being a two time league MVP. As Josh Allen says, "it's hard not to root for him".

Like others, I feel that the amount of accolades he receives relative to, say, Josh Allen, is sometimes unreasonable. I also feel like he is often given some benefit of the doubt that Josh is not given, despite Josh being unarguably superior in the playoffs. I also flat out think that Josh Allen is a better quarterback. But any frustration I have is at the media or the sports-watching world for the seeming double standards and selective recognition. None of the ill will goes toward Jackson himself.

Great player.

I think arguments can be made that he was undeserving of his 2nd MVP award, but his first one?  I don't know who else you could even say.  He lead the NFL in passing TDs, top 5 in basically all passing efficiency metrics, 6th in the NFL in rushing yards, and they had the best rushing offense in NFL history - Most yards in a season and highest team YPC average.  

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think arguments can be made that he was undeserving of his 2nd MVP award, but his first one?  I don't know who else you could even say.  He lead the NFL in passing TDs, top 5 in basically all passing efficiency metrics, 6th in the NFL in rushing yards, and they had the best rushing offense in NFL history - Most yards in a season and highest team YPC average.  

Yeah. I do think he deserved his first MVP award.

And as much as I wanted Josh to win in 2020, Aaron Rodgers deserved it over him that year as well.

2023 is the first time that I feel like Josh Allen was well and truly shafted for MVP. But even if Josh didn't win it, CMC was more deserving than Lamar, IMO.

It was the ultimate "let's just re-name it the 'most outstanding quarterback' award" season. So dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PBF81 said:

He's got the postseason down, now he's working on the preseason.  

How is Nathan Peterman still in the league?  

If you accept the role of a backup, present no threat to the starter, and are a good teammate who will run a scout team and prep the new rookie draft pick, you can hang around for a good 20 years as a backup QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you accept the role of a backup, present no threat to the starter, and are a good teammate who will run a scout team and prep the new rookie draft pick, you can hang around for a good 20 years as a backup QB.

That's a lot of QBs tho.  You should also have some competency at the position presumably.