Biden forced to drop out - Will not seek re-election but remain in office; coup complete

On 8/11/2024 at 10:43 AM, Big Blitz said:

“They promised me a 100 million dollar library and my kids and grandkids would not face threats of potentially never getting hired, getting into schools, etc.  See let me be clear, I was never president.”

They never say why and the f*cking liberal media never ask why.   What I want to know  why   Why did his democratic friends think he would hurt the races?  Why?  Isn't that an obvious follow-up question?  WTF!

Edited by Irv

I thought that this was our imagination ?

Liberal NYT Columnist: 'Powerful Democrats' Pushed Joe Biden Out in a 'Coup'

Ward Clark

7f567551-da53-4bbb-9efd-c1c9e0a1b258-105

In politics, as in so many fields of endeavor, timing is everything. In this election year, regarding the presidential election, the Democrats really screwed up.

It was very apparent early on that Joe Biden was losing it. By spring, it was obvious that he was getting worse; he couldn't answer a question without wandering off into a nonsensical ramble. His flashes of unfounded anger, difficulties with finding words, and inappropriate gestures and behavior, especially around young women and children, painted a vivid picture of a man in the throes of dementia. But his administration and Democrats in Congress, along with the liberal and progressive legacy media, just kept whistling past that graveyard. "He's fine," they insisted, "He's as sharp as a tack," and "He's beaten Donald Trump once, and he can do it again."

Then came the first scheduled presidential debate, and all that came crashing down. But there was just one problem. Joe Biden had, in the primary elections, already sealed up the delegates required to sew up the nomination. So - a putsch it was. Joe had to go; the polls were cratering, and the Democrats found themselves in the unenviable position of having Kamala Harris being the least awful choice. Now, none other than the New York Times's Maureen Dowd is decrying what was done to befuddled old Joe.

{snip}

The Democrats pulled off their putsch. They have made their bed and are now forced to lie in it, and Kamala Harris isn't exactly the mint on the pillow. Sooner or later she will have to face unscripted, unplanned questions from the media. Before long she will have to face Donald Trump in a debate, and she just plain isn't any good at either. Sooner or later, as my colleague Adam Turner points out in the piece linked just above, she will have to address serious questions on serious issues, and that may well be when the tide turns. In 2020, the Democrats were able to keep Joe Biden's basement campaign in place, citing COVID as the excuse; they don't have that excuse any longer.

The Democratic National Convention starts Monday. Watch here for coverage; the tenor and tone of that event will tell us a lot about how the Harris/Walz ticket intends to run its campaign.

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/08/18/it-was-a-coup-powerful-democrats-pushed-joe-biden-out-n2178238

https://www.foxnews.com/media/powerful-democrats-pushed-president-biden-out-coup-nyt-columnist

• Shocked 1