Biden forced to drop out - Will not seek re-election but remain in office; coup complete

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Huh.  Interesting.  For doing such a great job not sure why he had to go because he had a terrible debate.  

I’m stunned so many adoring Ds from 2020 spent zero time today questioning where is Biden - only focus has been on replacing him with “someone who could win.”  

Why don’t the American people see what a great job he’s done?  Shouldn’t he be cruising to re election in spite of a bad debate?  

Seems to me the case has been affirmed today that Bidenism has failed.  

People can easily hold the following beliefs at the same time:

1) Biden was a great President who did a lot of great things in office.

2) Biden should not run for office again because there's no way he's got the faculties or stamina to last another 4 years.

I believe both those things and from the time Biden took office and ran back in 2020 he acknowledged the age issue and stated he'd be a "transitional" President. I'm just glad he's finally accepting that title and is passing the torch.

By the way... I really haven't popped in here since the mass exodus 4 years ago. I miss some of those posters... particularly @Foxx. I hope this place has been a bit more sane in the last 4 years, but given that politics is the topic, probably not.

Glad we all have a common interest in the Bills and common enemy in the Chiefs  :flirt:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

By the way... I really haven't popped in here since the mass exodus 4 years ago. I miss some of those posters... particularly @Foxx. I hope this place has been a bit more sane in the last 4 years, but given that politics is the topic, probably not.

Glad we all have a common interest in the Bills and common enemy in the Chiefs  :flirt:

@Foxx , @Buffalo Gal, @DC Tom, Deranged Rhino, and many more are all doing well I am happy to report.

Meanwhile:

ROGER KIMBALL: Joe Biden Ushers in More Uncertainty by Stepping Aside: Here we have a party that really is preparing to disenfranchise voters.

The kicker is that Biden’s incapacity has been known to honest observers for as long as he has been president, indeed from before he was president. I have made a hobby of pointing out Biden’s porous relation to the English language for years.

What now? The Democratic convention is less than a month away. His letter thanks Kamala Harris but stops short of endorsing her (that came in a follow-up tweet just after: she was then backed by Bill and Hillary Clinton though not, curiously, Barack Obama). What about the 14 million people who voted for the Biden-Harris ticket in the primaries? One of the many things that Jack Smith was prosecuting Donald Trump for was attempting to disenfranchise voters in the 2020 election by questioning the election.

In fact, Trump did not seek to disenfranchise voters, merely to call attention to irregularities in the election process. But here we have a party that really is preparing to disenfranchise voters, all in the name of holding on to power.

House Speaker Mike Johnson has said repeatedly that any effort by the Democrats to slip in another candidate now would probably face legal challenges in some states. Biden was the clear and undisputed winner of the party’s primaries — and all those votes cannot simply be tossed out.

It’s been an interesting week. A nutter tried to murder Trump at the rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. Biden returned to his home, apparently with Covid, indisputably to huddle with his puppet masters to work out an exit strategy.

What was he offered to walk the plank?

What could they have offered a man with terminal dementia?

https://thespectator.com/politics/joe-biden-ushers-uncertainty-stepping-aside/

Edited by B-Man

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I try to ignore most of his Truth Social nonsense, but this is actually a fair point.  

Nah, it’s blatantly stupid. 

Political parties don’t have nominees until their convention.

Trump is just being a whiney little baby because that’s who he is. 

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, it’s blatantly stupid. 

Political parties don’t have nominees until their convention.

Trump is just being a whiney little baby because that’s who he is. 

I’m sure you’d feel the same way if Biden was way up on Trump and then all the big money R donors pulled funding from the Trump campaign, forcing him out, and then selected Ron DeSantis next month if the situations were reversed. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I’m sure you’d feel the same way if Biden was way up on Trump and then all the big money R donors pulled funding from the Trump campaign, forcing him out, and then selected Ron DeSantis next month if the situations were reversed. 

Nah. I was a Republican for much longer than I have been a Democrat. 

if Trump has bowed out before the GOP convention, then whoever emerged with the nomination from the convention would the the Republican nominee. 

It’s really not hard. 

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah. I was a Republican for much longer than I have been a Democrat. 

if Trump has bowed out before the GOP convention, then whoever emerged with the nomination from the convention would the the Republican nominee. 

It’s really not hard. 

Cool.  Well just ignore primaries from now on.  If the presumptive nominee isn’t polling well, f it, we’ll swap them out a few months later.   No big deal. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cool.  Well just ignore primaries from now on.  If the presumptive nominee isn’t polling well, f it, we’ll swap them out a few months later.   No big deal. 

Do you believe that non-competitive primaries are illustrative of the voters’ intentions?

If the voters in those primary expressed through polling a desire for someone  other than the winner of the primary to be the candidate, would that matter to you?

Do you believe that the unofficial title of “presumptive nominee” is equivalent to the actual title of nominee?

• Dislike 1

He might legit be dead.  

And the only thing Ds care about is who their masters will pick for them.  

None of this is ok.  

This was all unthinkable in this country now everyone just carries on with the theater like oh whatevs.  

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

How can I go on after that clever response ?

LOL

One would think that a letter to the American people from

the president announcing his decision to step aside would

not be signed using a digital signature and would be

accompanied by a photo op and a scheduled conference

in the morning that followed.

Instead we have a digitally signed letter released on the president’s

@X account, an account we know that is run by a staffer,

no photo, and no live scheduled address to the American people.

If I were China, I would invade Taiwan tomorrow.

I mean, you could go on continuing to push idiotic nonsense because the internet has broken your brain. 

And then you did! Well done!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The battle has been joined! This is why Biden had to step down, he was no prosecuting the case

This works.  She can get past the "law fare" bs and go right for the wrinkly throat.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Do you believe that non-competitive primaries are illustrative of the voters’ intentions?

If the voters in those primary expressed through polling a desire for someone  other than the winner of the primary to be the candidate, would that matter to you?

Do you believe that the unofficial title of “presumptive nominee” is equivalent to the actual title of nominee?

Who’s the arbiter of the first two points?  Seems wildly subjective as we throw away norms (again) in the name “protecting democracy”.  

And no, it’s not.. and that has zero bearing on the point I’m making.   A point I wouldn’t expect democracy protectors to argue with, but hey.. yall believe in dismantling the Supreme Court, prosecuting political opps and swapping out an incumbent presumptive nominee now - so, I suppose, nothing should surprise me. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who’s the arbiter of the first two points?  Seems wildly subjective as we throw away norms (again) in the name “protecting democracy”.  

not subjective in the least

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/most-americans-are-dissatisfied-their-choices-president

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Couldn't man up and take the honest L for a bet he lost.

That's how they do.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Wild.  Honestly.. it’s wild that we’re even debating this.

Just say you don’t gaf about norms or “protecting democracy” and I’ll drop it. 

My entire issue is with your party pretending to do so.   You no longer can claim that label.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1