Biden forced to drop out - Will not seek re-election but remain in office; coup complete

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

1) Look, the debate was bad. He's not going to be able to debate Trump again. He's not sharp enough anymore. Trump and the Project 2025 agenda have to lose for the good of the country and I don't think he's got it anymore to run. 

2) As above, Trumpism will be poison to America. Evil, sadistic, vile ideology. 

3) It's been building ever since the debate. No doubt about it. I think Manchin telling him to drop out was the final straw. 

4) I wouldn't expect them to come out and say he wasn't. That's a matter of national security. Hell, they kept Trump's Covid diagnosis under wraps until it came out that he was in the hospital. 

5) A very good question, and one I am actually working on in my head. I imagine he has a strong cabinet to fall back on for daily work, but he doesn't want the stress of campaigning again. 

6) He doesn't have it anymore to run and beat Trump. It's unfortunate but it's reality. He's old and isn't as sharp as he once was. 

Thank you very much for the answers.  A follow up, you seem to have misunderstood Q3, apologies for not being more clear.  The question wasn't about whether there's been pressure on 46 to step down prior to the debate.  Whether there was a little push for him to leave or not, the vast majority of D's and their usual supporters did not publicly push for him to leave prior to the debate.  That is not in question.  The question was whether you believe he's not been sharp enough since before the debate or if something snapped in him at the debate but he was quite acute prior to the debate?

This was either a rapid mental descent we've witnessed over the past 3 weeks (which IMHO doesn't seem likely); or it's been going on much longer and the media, who are often our agents to interact with those in the government, have not been acting as agents for us as they have been hiding this from us.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I don't care what side you're on, this IS a problem.

Unless you're full commie and not just a useful idiot.

I guess. I don’t think he’s been doing much of anything himself the past 4 years. 

It’s less a coup and more a puppet exchange for a shadow government. 

• Like (+1) 1

He steps down from Prez soon after getting his final touches on his *****ups. He announced he has Parkinson's. Asks for respect that he and his family deal with his health issues. The Dems get to say Madam president for a few months. Kneepads Harris gets to play dress up a while. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

I guess. I don’t think he’s been doing much of anything himself the past 4 years. 

It’s less a coup and more a puppet exchange for a shadow government. 

Agreed. But if you don't want to give even the appearance of a coup or a puppet exchange, then you have the current POTUS announce a decision of this magnitude publicly.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Wouldn't be surprised. Put out the tweet then sit down with Hunter, Jill and Joe and tell them you have until later this week to make your public statement or we ruin you with scandals x,y and z. Additionally there's no golden parachute for the Biden crime syndicate.

• Agree 1

Shouldn't the ones with the second highest delegates win the bid?  If so, that would be Jason Palmer who had 3 delegates after winning the primary in American Samoa.  Are democrats ready to acknowledge Palmer as their commander-in-chief?

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Thank you very much for the answers.  A follow up, you seem to have misunderstood Q3, apologies for not being more clear.  The question wasn't about whether there's been pressure on 46 to step down prior to the debate.  Whether there was a little push for him to leave or not, the vast majority of D's and their usual supporters did not publicly push for him to leave prior to the debate.  That is not in question.  The question was whether you believe he's not been sharp enough since before the debate or if something snapped in him at the debate but he was quite acute prior to the debate?

This was either a rapid mental descent we've witnessed over the past 3 weeks (which IMHO doesn't seem likely); or it's been going on much longer and the media, who are often our agents to interact with those in the government, have not been acting as agents for us as they have been hiding this from us.

It probably has been going on longer, but he was deemed fit enough to run again. He's the President, what he says goes. Recent reports are that he wanted to stay badly. 

The ultimate goal of any political party is to stay in power. When people started pulling support for him, he made the decision to step away. At the end of the day, it's his call. 

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

This is totally different 

Yes, yes it is totally different. Good job!

Huh.

The MSM narrative just went from Trump cruising to the presidency over the doddering imbecile, Joe Biden, to who is going to replace Joe Biden.

That in itself is a win for the Dems. 

I might actually pay attention to politics in the next two weeks.

The dream GOP ticket to run against is Harris/Newsom.

The nightmare ticket is Whitmer/Beshear.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Agreed. But if you don't want to give even the appearance of a coup or a puppet exchange, then you have the current POTUS announce a decision of this magnitude publicly.

Honestly, I think the scariest part of the last 8 years of American politics is that the political elite have realized they can feed half this country whatever story they want and it won’t make a damn bit of difference. 

Most of the sheeple who are going to vote D in November are going to go to bed tonight not even knowing Biden has dropped out the race. Who cares about keeping up appearances? 

Like Vivek said, they’re timing the announcement so that the new candidate is still in a “honeymoon” when Election Day comes around. 

The stories are already being written:

”New Democrat candidate gives amazing speech at DNC reenergizing the party!”

”New Democrat candidate is an unlikely rising star polling great with the public!” 

“New Democrat candidate SHOCKS Trump in debate. Questions arise about Trump”s cognitive faculties.” 

“New Democrat candidate gets ringing support from ______.” 

“New Democrat candidate has polls showing they will complete the unlikely comeback!” 

Like Ackerman said, the media is like a sports team with owners and coaches running plays for their journalists. 

55 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

1) Look, the debate was bad. He's not going to be able to debate Trump again. He's not sharp enough anymore. Trump and the Project 2025 agenda have to lose for the good of the country and I don't think he's got it anymore to run. 

Project 2025 is not a Trump thing, it is from a far right group. Trump has stated that he does not endorse project 2025 (which we can both agree is a God awful idea) and is in fact against much of it.

I'm voting third party no matter what so don't pass me as a MAGA, but keeping the misinformation of Trump endorsing project 2025 is the last leg that the democrats have to stand on.  I understand, because the democrats certainly can't point to anything positive over the past four years, but it is still dishonest.  Right now the Dems entire platform is "we suck, but the other guy is worse."

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It probably has been going on longer, but he was deemed fit enough to run again. He's the President, what he says goes. Recent reports are that he wanted to stay badly. 

The ultimate goal of any political party is to stay in power. When people started pulling support for him, he made the decision to step away. At the end of the day, it's his call. 

Yes, yes it is totally different. Good job!

Having a hard time understanding how it "probably has been going on longer" isn't troublesome.  Also, am having a hard time understanding how us, the plebes, not knowing about it until just now isn't more than troubling.  The government works for us, or it's supposed to.

Again, not trying to play "gotcha."  Am really trying to understand the viewpoint.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Huh.

The MSM narrative just went from Trump cruising to the presidency over the doddering imbecile, Joe Biden, to who is going to replace Joe Biden.

That in itself is a win for the Dems. 

I might actually pay attention to politics in the next two weeks.

The dream GOP ticket to run against is Harris/Newsom.

The nightmare ticket is Whitmer/Beshear.

Whitmer has no interest in running IMO 

• Like (+1) 1