Trumponomics Is Just Plain Stupid.

A 10% tariff to pay for his tax cuts for the super wealthy? That's a tax on the middle and lower classes to pay the plutocrats.

It's inflationary as hell and will costs average families thousands a year. Also, other countries will retaliate

His hunting down and rounding up workers will be a shot to the heart of the economy and will seriously hurt the moral fabric of this nation.

The last thing this country needs is that con-man and his dopey, fake running mate to get a hold of the reigns of power. They are clowns

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A 10% tariff to pay for his tax cuts for the super wealthy? That's a tax on the middle and lower classes to pay the plutocrats.

It's inflationary as hell and will costs average families thousands a year. Also, other countries will retaliate

His hunting down and rounding up workers will be a shot to the heart of the economy and will seriously hurt the moral fabric of this nation.

The last thing this country needs is that con-man and his dopey, fake running mate to get a hold of the reigns of power. They are clowns

Biden, after slamming tariffs, then mentioned raising tariffs (in the same speech). Tariffs are only good if Biden raises them 10%.  Everybody knows that.  Anyway...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Biden, after slamming tariffs, then mentioned raising tariffs (in the same speech). Tariffs are only good if Biden raises them 10%.  Everybody knows that.  Anyway...

Biden has not raised tariffs like Trump is saying he will.

Trumponomics will be a disaster. He's probably just gaslighting you guys on this, but if he is serious, it will be a disaster

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden has not raised tariffs like Trump is saying he will.

Trumponomics will be a disaster. He's probably just gaslighting you guys on this, but if he is serious, it will be a disaster

Biden didn't say in the speech how much he would raise tariffs, just that he would raise them (after slamming Trump for talking about raising tariffs).  I think it was the speech after the SC ruling.

I'm not sure if other countries would retaliate.  We are paying tariffs while other countries are getting a huge discount.  I think it's more about balancing the scale.  You could be right about the outcome though, time will have to tell there.

I'm all for closing the border as soon as possible and only letting people in through the legal process.  With millions of people that have already entered, there is no way to deport all of them.  I hope what happens is that by any means possible we can vet as many as we can and if they have a criminal background they are deported.  If they commit a heinous crime here and are caught, they get deported.  That's best we can hope for on that front.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trumps last corporate tax cut in 2017 netted me a 30% pay raise, and I was nowhere near the top of the corporate ladder at the time.   Gaslight all you want.   Corporate tax cuts help every working individual.  

46 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Funny you're not at all concerned about the insane inflation we've had the last 4 years.  

• Like (+1) 5

The ones that have proven they don't grasp economics are parroting someone else's opinion.  

This supply side economic policy isn't working for anyone but the very top.  If anything it's driving income inequality. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Lost said:

Trumps last corporate tax cut in 2017 netted me a 30% pay raise, and I was nowhere near the top of the corporate ladder at the time.   Gaslight all you want.   Corporate tax cuts help every working individual.  

Sure it did, pal. Sure

26 minutes ago, Lost said:

Funny you're not at all concerned about the insane inflation we've had the last 4 years.  

No, I'm just not stupid. You on the other hand think inflationary tariffs are good? What is it, inflation good, or inflation bad?

You just see whatever Trump does is automatically good?

13 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The ones that have proven they don't grasp economics are parroting someone else's opinion.  

This supply side economic policy isn't working for anyone but the very top.  If anything it's driving income inequality. 

That will happen almost no matter what. If you invest in stock market your wealth will generally increase. The Hill Billies Vance pretends to cater to don't own stock, and their lack of work ethic that Vance pointed out will only see them fall farther and farther behind

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, I'm just not stupid. You on the other hand think inflationary tariffs are good? What is it, inflation good, or inflation bad?

Tariffs are typically only inflationary for a basket of goods, not across the board and sice they are largely invoked by the executive branch, they can be quickly reversed making their effects only temporary when used as a negotiating tool.   

• Like (+1) 1

Trump also gets the benefit from a lot of people who are honest about his first term (pre-Covid).

Made threats to foreign leaders and literally talked trash to some dictators… but no new wars. 

Threatened to leave NATO, but increased spending amongst many of the members. 

When he says things, some view it as verbal threats rather than actual policy. Which makes it difficult to discern what his actual policy will be at times. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It’s just fear mongering. Just like that whole project 2025 BS. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Tibsonomics, unpacked:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1