Harris 2024

59 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Stolen Valor.

The real top 15% object.

Some might say "Stolen Valor" isn't a lie, it's just something that someone made up.  Btw, my list was not all inclusive, but I would put that under "puffery".  

56 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Gee, I read that as well.  Hardly exonerates trump.  Maybe it was a different Shapiro than the one who married Pam Shriver whom he told they didn't meet til college.  Maybe he was ashamed and didn't want her to know.  Maybe it never happened.

But I find it interesting that two close relatives knew about it and spoke to each other about it.  Seems compelling to me and perfectly in character for the family POS.

I can understand your perspective, and why you feel the way you do. I try to be mindful about what I say and how I say it, because in spite of our differences, you have the same right to an opinion as I do.  Somebody is right, I'm just thinking it's probably me. 

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Met him once.  He was campaigning for Hillary and I was called up by the college administrator in charge of the event to check some attendees that passed out.  He had palpable charisma and seemed kind and caring.  If every politician (or male) who couldn't keep his dick in his pants was disqualified from service, there'd only be females in power...

I was at a party in Westchester when he was present 25-30 years ago.  There was a lot of hubbub, someone mentioned Clinton was in the place and some chit chat followed.  A person I respect and love simply stated "He's not my president".  We had disagreed on the Lewinsky matter, and I was of the impression that he had a personal issue and it wasn't my concern.

I've evolved from that position because the reality seems to be much darker, and much deeper than that.  The question of the power imbalance comes into play, the predatory nature of a person of power and an impressionable young person.  Add to that his settlement with Paula Jones for harassment, the accusations of a number of other women and his perjury issue. 

He's a classic predator, but sure, he had charisma.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No one will seize onto a passing comment quite like the former JD Hill Fan. 

He's obsessed and easily confused.  Maybe we can point to trump's current ramblings at a press conference.  Wow, he's reading straight from sheets of paper and still f'in it up.  Just wait for the fact checks.  As for mine, we went to the same small college and I've met her.  Can't remember the context but I think it was re her being a Rino.  Wasn't a nationally or internationally vital comment but very few here are...It's a message board not a think tank

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No one will seize onto a passing comment quite like the former JD Hill Fan. 

Do you consider an outrageous, easily disproven lie, a lie told more than once, and defended repeatedly, to be a passing comment? If so, why? Why not just ask the former Redhawk why he would put forth something so idiotic? Maybe you don’t want to as there is a bit of a kindred spirit thing going on with the two of you when it comes to outlandish claims. Good to have friends!

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was at a party in Westchester when he was present 25-30 years ago.  There was a lot of hubbub, someone mentioned Clinton was in the place and some chit chat followed.  A person I respect and love simply stated "He's not my president".  We had disagreed on the Lewinsky matter, and I was of the impression that he had a personal issue and it wasn't my concern.

I've evolved from that position because the reality seems to be much darker, and much deeper than that.  The question of the power imbalance comes into play, the predatory nature of a person of power and an impressionable young person.  Add to that his settlement with Paula Jones for harassment, the accusations of a number of other women and his perjury issue. 

He's a classic predator, but sure, he had charisma.

what you said but fewer words:  Agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Do you consider an outrageous, easily disproven lie, a lie told more than once, and defended repeatedly, to be a passing comment? If so, why? Why not just ask the former Redhawk why he would put forth something so idiotic? Maybe you don’t want to as there is a bit of a kindred spirit thing going on with the two of you when it comes to outlandish claims. Good to have friends!

Because claiming to be in the same college class as Susan Collins isn’t exactly saying you were roommates with Mark Zuckerberg and have him the idea for Facebook. 

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Cmon Quack....we know what Trump REALLY thinks!

Right? RIGHT?

:lol:

So give us a name or two of a “very fine person” who thought it would be a good idea to march alongside Nazis and other racists. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Because claiming to be in the same college class as Susan Collins isn’t exactly saying you were roommates with Mark Zuckerberg and have him the idea for Facebook. 

I don’t know what that means but it must be edgy or, more likely, too clever for me. 

“Susan Collins, who I went to school with…”. Classic. Should have pretended he went with Grace Potter. 

2 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

I don’t know what that means but it must be edgy or, more likely, too clever for me. 

“Susan Collins, who I went to school with…”. Classic. Should have pretended he went with Grace Potter. 

Did I tell you about the time I was on a chopper with Willie Brown?

Whatever. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

No, Viggo Mortensen but who's counting?

38 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Whatever. 

A buddy of mine (may he rest in peace) went to Niagara back in the early 70s, and a group of us were hanging out just after work. 

He was telling us about working concerts, with bands etc when he was there.   At one point he stops and declares:

I ****ED STEVIE NICKS!

We weren’t quite sure what we heard, whether he had relations with a guy name Steve Nicks, or THE Stevie Nicks. 

To his credit, he insisted THE, and in spite of the fact that he was a bit homely, held his mud.  He was a bit of an embellisher but would always laugh when we reminded him of his claim.  To this day, I’m 90% sure he was making it up but there’s a part of me that wonders hey, it was the 70s and drugs and alcohol were flowing.  

And, if a Joe Ferg4Evah can bang a future former US Senator from the great state of Maine, is a young road-weary Stevie Nicks too high a mountain to climb?  

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Whatever. 

To your credit, I believe you are the first one to ride to Redhawk’s defense on the idiotic Susan Collins lie. That’s rather kind of you. Weird for sure, but kind nonetheless. 

38 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A buddy of mine (may he rest in peace) went to Niagara back in the early 70s, and a group of us were hanging out just after work. 

He was telling us about working concerts, with bands etc when he was there.   At one point he stops and declares:

I ****ED STEVIE NICKS!

We weren’t quite sure what we heard, whether he had relations with a guy name Steve Nicks, or THE Stevie Nicks. 

To his credit, he insisted THE, and in spite of the fact that he was a bit homely, held his mud.  He was a bit of an embellisher but would always laugh when we reminded him of his claim.  To this day, I’m 90% sure he was making it up but there’s a part of me that wonders hey, it was the 70s and drugs and alcohol were flowing.  

And, if a Joe Ferg4Evah can bang a future former US Senator from the great state of Maine, is a young road-weary Stevie Nicks too high a mountain to climb?  

From what I've seen, Niagara usually gets B acts.  Artpark gets some top acts.  So I guess an NU student could meet a star there.  Also, the Bills used to practice near there.

"In those days, the Bills were in the midst of a 13-year stint of conducting their preseason workouts at Niagara University, a school without a football team, using a soccer field lined to gridiron (excuse the cliche) dimensions and with portable goalposts.Jul 22, 2024"

Pollock: Reminiscing on the history of training camps for the ...

Ralph was cheap.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

29 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

From what I've seen, Niagara usually gets B acts.  Artpark gets some top acts.  So I guess an NU student could meet a star there.  Also, the Bills used to practice near there.

"In those days, the Bills were in the midst of a 13-year stint of conducting their preseason workouts at Niagara University, a school without a football team, using a soccer field lined to gridiron (excuse the cliche) dimensions and with portable goalposts.Jul 22, 2024"

Pollock: Reminiscing on the history of training camps for the ...

Ralph was cheap.

I never did the math but I’m figuring the Fleetwood Mac was on the way up, or maybe she was with a lesser band.  The whole thing sounded wildly preposterous, but, then…

Legendary claim amongst our friend group, and sometimes that’s enough.  

Back to more good news

https://www.outwardintelligence.com/pulse/harris-leads-trump-by-6-points

Democrats (90% - 5%) and Republicans (89% - 5%) equally support their candidates, while Independents skew to the Vice President by 8 points (45% for Harris, vs 37% for Trump).

There is are sizable gaps of support among audiences:

Gender: Women back Harris 53% - 40% (+13 points), while men back Trump 46% - 45% (+ 1 point).

Race/Ethnicity: Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics support Harris by 64, 26, and 15 points, respectively. Whites support Trump by 4 points.

Urbanicity: Urban and Suburban areas back Harris by 23 and 13 points, respectively, while Rural areas back Trump by almost 30 points.

Generation: All generations back Harris except for Millennials, which support Trump by 1 point.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

33 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Back to more good news

https://www.outwardintelligence.com/pulse/harris-leads-trump-by-6-points

Democrats (90% - 5%) and Republicans (89% - 5%) equally support their candidates, while Independents skew to the Vice President by 8 points (45% for Harris, vs 37% for Trump).

There is are sizable gaps of support among audiences:

Gender: Women back Harris 53% - 40% (+13 points), while men back Trump 46% - 45% (+ 1 point).

Race/Ethnicity: Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics support Harris by 64, 26, and 15 points, respectively. Whites support Trump by 4 points.

Urbanicity: Urban and Suburban areas back Harris by 23 and 13 points, respectively, while Rural areas back Trump by almost 30 points.

Generation: All generations back Harris except for Millennials, which support Trump by 1 point.

The large crowd sizes at Harrris's rallies tells me the Dems will turn out the vote. Trump I don't think will get the kind of support he got in '16 where he had responsible Republicans standing by him. Here its just his dumb ass rambling on like an idiot, with no attempt at seriousness