Harris 2024

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They predicted Trump to beat Hillary?

yup

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-drink-donald-trump-poll-beer-1938456

In 2016, a Rasmussen Reports survey found that 45 percent of likely voters said they would prefer to have a beer with Trump over his Democratic election rival Hillary Clinton (37 percent

• Like (+1) 2

I’m willing to concede Harris is leading nationally and has the momentum, but polls coming out showing she’s favored on the economy, leading in NC and down 2 in Florida… just, no.  It’s getting a bit ridiculous now. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’m willing to concede Harris is leading nationally and has the momentum, but polls coming out showing she’s favored on the economy, leading in NC and down 2 in Florida… just, no.  It’s getting a bit ridiculous now. 

I'm not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

GOP pollster on Trump-Harris: ‘I haven’t seen anything like this’

"Republican pollster Frank Luntz appears stunned at the current state of the Kamala Harris-Donald Trump matchup and this year’s presidential election.

Luntz, who’s been called “The Nostradamus of pollsters” and conducts focus groups, had been bullish on Trump defeating Joe Biden and returning to the White House. Now, he says, he can’t believe what he’s seeing among his focus groups and in the polls.

She’s bringing out people who are not interested in voting for either Trump or Biden, so the entire electoral pool has changed and if it continues in this direction you have to start to consider Democrats winning the Senate and Democrats winning the House,” Luntz said Wednesday on CNBC.

“She’s got intensity now. She’s got an intensity advantage. She’s got a demographic advantage and I haven’t seen anything like this happen in 30 days in my lifetime,” he said. “Now my groups are broken up by young women saying, ‘I’m not voting for him anymore.’”

He added: “The people who are undecided have all collapsed towards Harris. The people who are ‘weak’ Trump have all collapsed towards undecided.”

Luntz told hosts of “Squawk Box” that he’s attempting to hold a focus group of undecided, younger female voters, but is having trouble finding enough people who fit that category.

“You shift the demographics and you shift the entire outcome,” he said. “There are issues, attributes and the condition of the country. The issues and the conditions favor Donald Trump. He should be winning this election. But the attributes are so much in Harris’ favor that he’s not.”

(emphasis mine)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

GOP pollster on Trump-Harris: ‘I haven’t seen anything like this’

"Republican pollster Frank Luntz appears stunned at the current state of the Kamala Harris-Donald Trump matchup and this year’s presidential election.

Luntz, who’s been called “The Nostradamus of pollsters” and conducts focus groups, had been bullish on Trump defeating Joe Biden and returning to the White House. Now, he says, he can’t believe what he’s seeing among his focus groups and in the polls.

She’s bringing out people who are not interested in voting for either Trump or Biden, so the entire electoral pool has changed and if it continues in this direction you have to start to consider Democrats winning the Senate and Democrats winning the House,” Luntz said Wednesday on CNBC.

“She’s got intensity now. She’s got an intensity advantage. She’s got a demographic advantage and I haven’t seen anything like this happen in 30 days in my lifetime,” he said. “Now my groups are broken up by young women saying, ‘I’m not voting for him anymore.’”

He added: “The people who are undecided have all collapsed towards Harris. The people who are ‘weak’ Trump have all collapsed towards undecided.”

Luntz told hosts of “Squawk Box” that he’s attempting to hold a focus group of undecided, younger female voters, but is having trouble finding enough people who fit that category.

“You shift the demographics and you shift the entire outcome,” he said. “There are issues, attributes and the condition of the country. The issues and the conditions favor Donald Trump. He should be winning this election. But the attributes are so much in Harris’ favor that he’s not.”

(emphasis mine)

Let's hope this is true.   Put the crook away at the ballot box then all this insane, nebulous legal support claiming he has immunity from everything will dissipate and his court cases can proceed with a dose of reality.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's a joke. But ...

... what would be wrong about adopting policy positions that the majority of Americans agree with?

We criticize candidates for being "too progressive/left" or "too conservative/right." In other words, out of step with the majority of Americans - a majority that we consider more sensible than politicians who have been dragged to the extremes by pandering to their special interest bases.

This was a big part of the appeal of Trump in 2016. He was an outsider, not beholden to the special interests that run both parties, and therefore able to speak for the majority of common sense Americans.

Why does anybody care what Harris' position is on any topic?   First of all, she/it/they have no original thoughts other than what Obammy tells her.  Second, Obammy will change his/it/their stance based on which way the wind is blowing.  What a mess.  

I've been super busy lately and not been able to follow closely. 

I kinda asked the same question before, but never really got a response.

How is someone who is already VP, all of a sudden, become immensely popular and have polls showing that she is leading in battleground states?

Like where was this energy in the Spring?

ALSO, 

This article claims a different story and is actually more then just a tweet?

https://www.wunc.org/2024-06-09/republican-white-voter-registrations-surge-in-nc

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Edited by letsgoteam

33 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

How is someone who is already VP, all of a sudden, become immensely popular and have polls showing that she is leading in battleground states?

ALSO, 

This article claims a different story and is actually more then just a tweet?

https://www.wunc.org/2024-06-09/republican-white-voter-registrations-surge-in-nc

A lot of elections are reactions against something else. Jimmy Carter was the honest guy after Nixon, Reagan was the no nonsense guy after Cater's foreign policy fumbles. Trump was that guy with a throw back slogan. Now Harris is the younger women running to keep us 'from going back." She personafies the opposite of not just Trump, but also Biden.  She is also leading because Trump is just so nauseating to so many people. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A lot of elections are reactions against something else. Jimmy Carter was the honest guy after Nixon, Reagan was the no nonsense guy after Cater's foreign policy fumbles. Trump was that guy with a throw back slogan. Now Harris is the younger women running to keep us 'from going back." She personafies the opposite of not just Trump, but also Biden.  She is also leading because Trump is just so nauseating to so many people. 

Do you think these are people who are switching their vote, or people who were sitting out?

Edited by letsgoteam
grammer

3 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Yup.  They went from talking about replacing her as VP because she was so bad to "she's awesome!" despite doing nothing (literally) other than being installed as the nominee.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Do you think these are people who are switching their vote, or people who were sitting out?

The latter.  I think Trump had this won until Biden dropped out.  The reason being those who loathed both Trump and Biden now have an alternative.  Harris may eff that advantage up though because she can't hide from the cameras forever.  Another thing Harris brings to the ticket is a likely increase in black voter turnout comparable to 2008.  On the flip side, those  who are Trump backers who may have stayed home thinking he had it in the bag may now make the effort to vote.  I also see a trend of Democrats getting overconfident again despite polls basically showing a tossup.  Has a 2016 vibe to it.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup.  They went from talking about replacing her as VP because she was so bad to "she's awesome!" despite doing nothing (literally) other than being installed as the nominee.

And yet she's on pace to win.   Which should tell everyone something about the "quality" of your candidate. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The latter.  I think Trump had this won until Biden dropped out.  The reason being those who loathed both Trump and Biden now have an alternative.  Harris may eff that advantage up though because she can't hide from the cameras forever.  Another thing Harris brings to the ticket is a likely increase in black voter turnout comparable to 2008.  On the flip side, those  who are Trump backers who may have stayed home thinking he had it in the bag may now make the effort to vote.  I also see a trend of Democrats getting overconfident again despite polls basically showing a tossup.  Has a 2016 vibe to it.

Harris has the momentum.  She's also got the right message, she's not overplaying (or playing) the gender card), and she's a breath of fresh air relative to the doddering fool running against her and the obviously past-his-prime president.  Turnout is going to be key, as is turn-off, which seems to happen frequently with Trump.