Harris 2024

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Same argument was used against Obama, right?

What "radical" changes have happened under him and Biden?

No.  Obama was on the primary ticket and was voted in.  Even nominated at the convention. 

Harris.  Not so much 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Same argument was used against Obama, right?

What "radical" changes have happened under him and Biden?

Mandating an experimental vaccine by using OSHA to force it on people, otherwise give up their career, was pretty radical.

Sending taxpayer funded US aid overseas to fund abortion, is pretty radical. 

As someone who pays a *** ton in taxes as a business owner, hiring 87,000 IRS agents that, shocker, ended up going after the people they said they wouldn’t, is pretty radical. 

Allowing this country to have a pseudo-open border for 3 years, is pretty radical. 

Whatever you think of Trump, using the justice system to go after him as a political opponent, is pretty radical. (And yes, Biden clearly was tangentially involved in this - it doesn’t happen without his administrations blessing)

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I disagree with this only to the extent that I think Trump has extraordinary emotional intelligence and he knows that he's being tuned out by the majority of America.  The rabid weirdos still buy his shtick.  But his nonsense finally is falling flat, and he knows it.  

Like everything else, his act has a shelf life, and he knows it's at the end.  He'll double down and get meaner and nastier between now and November, but it's not going to work because it's only going to alienate more people, particularly enrage women because he's running against a somewhat likable woman this time, and push the moderates and centrists further away.  I used to thing this was a "boys v girls" election.  Now I think it's joy and hope against misplaced rage.  

The one thing JD has right is that it's not the government's fault that these Trumpers are losers.  The only ones who have yet to figure it out is them.  It's not my fault the suburban Trumpers overspent, and overstretched, and waste money on booze and prepared food and alcohol and stuff they can't afford.  It's not my fault the rural Trumpers suck down meth, and hang with Johnnie Walker too much, and didn't study in school. In many ways JD undercuts their complaints.  Weird as he may be, he got out because he got to work.  They didn't and, much as Americans generally are tiring of Trump's act and turning toward joy and hope, so too are they beginning to realize that the rage felt by those who made their own uncomfortable beds shouldn't infect us all. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

This is dumb. Tips were always taxed. Not reporting tips is tax fraud.

Bidens policy made it a chargeable crime to not keep good track of how much you made each day in tips. Before Biden the rules were basically be reasonable, now they are be exact from a government that can't keep track of $100s of billions a year. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Mandating an experimental vaccine by using OSHA to force it on people, otherwise give up their career, was pretty radical.

As someone who pays a *** ton in taxes as a business owner, hiring 87,000 IRS agents that, shocker, ended up going after the people they said they wouldn’t, is pretty radical. 

Allowing this country to have a pseudo-open border for 3 years, is pretty radical. 

Whatever you think of Trump, using the justice system to go after him as a political opponent, is pretty radical. (And yes, Biden clearly was tangentially involved in this - it doesn’t happen without his administrations blessing)

1.  Rule of law.  The law is being enforced.  Tough beans.  I pay a lot in taxes, too, and you don't see me whining about it. 

2.  Hoax.  Trump didn't do a thing with the border.  Talked about it, but couldn't get it done.  And created this kind of catch and release system that actually encouraged repeat crossing attempts. 

3.  By the same logic Biden is persecuting his own son.  

1 minute ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Bidens policy made it a chargeable crime to not keep good track of how much you made each day in tips. Before Biden the rules were basically be reasonable, now they are be exact from a government that can't keep track of $100s of billions a year. 

Care to show your citation? First I’ve heard of this and have many clients in the restaurant industry.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Care to show your citation? First I’ve heard of this and have many clients in the restaurant industry.

He won't.  He'll just insult you, call you stupid, and return his focus to the couch. 

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

And this is just the low hanging fruit. Mandating 1/2 of vehicles sold by 2030 to be EV's, telling people they don't have to pay back their college loans, eliminating straight white males from candidate pools pretty radical.

Edited by Steve O
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The one thing JD has right is that it's not the government's fault that these Trumpers are losers.  The only ones who have yet to figure it out is them.  It's not my fault the suburban Trumpers overspent, and overstretched, and waste money on booze and prepared food and alcohol and stuff they can't afford.  It's not my fault the rural Trumpers suck down meth, and hang with Johnnie Walker too much, and didn't study in school. In many ways JD undercuts their complaints.  Weird as he may be, he got out because he got to work.  They didn't and, much as Americans generally are tiring of Trump's act and turning toward joy and hope, so too are they beginning to realize that the rage felt by those who made their own uncomfortable beds shouldn't infect us all. 

Well said!!! 👏

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So basically any Democrat will destroy the world as you see it

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

You literally responded to the article about "more accurate" SITCA program. I have neighbors who are employed by Disney who have positions that receive $10k+ in tips a year in cash and have always just rounded the money who are now required to submit their payments monthly. They have been warmed that not reporting tips could lead to termination. The reason for this new system is to give "protection" to employers, which means the liable party will be the employee. Lastly how do you have clients in the restaurant industry and not dealing with the new tax law? It is a new way to file, and any large company is going to do it in order to maintain good relations with Fed.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Steve O said:

And this is just the low hanging fruit. Mandating 1/2 of vehicles sold by 2030 to be EV's, telling people they don't have to pay back their college loans, eliminating straight white males from candidate pools pretty radical.

Is this actually true?  Seriously?  The last piece is obviously not.  The second-to-last piece is at best misleading.  Some loans have been forgiven, but there's a relatively low cap on the amount and the extent of forgiveness isn't nearly what many on the far left would have preferred.  

1 minute ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You literally responded to the article about "more accurate" SITCA program. I have neighbors who are employed by Disney who have positions that receive $10k+ in tips a year in cash and have always just rounded the money who are now required to submit their payments monthly. They have been warmed that not reporting tips could lead to termination. The reason for this new system is to give "protection" to employers, which means the liable party will be the employee. Lastly how do you have clients in the restaurant industry and not dealing with the new tax law? It is a new way to file, and any large company is going to do it in order to maintain good relations with Fed.

Too bad.  Get better jobs.  It's not my fault they rely on gigs and cash.  Rule of law, pay your fair share, and deal with your problems instead of blaming other people and whining about them.  In the meantime, hands off my wife's body, mind your own business, don't ban books you don't agree with, don't pick on people because of how they look or who they love, and maybe go apply for a membership at Mar a Lago so you can all do your weird stuff together.  

32 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He won't.  He'll just insult you, call you stupid, and return his focus to the couch. 

You are so funny, I will just list your last 3 responses to me 

Pots, kettles

You have a general ignorance about you. 

Hoax.  You’re a moron.  That isn’t a hyperbolic thing.  You’re just not very smart

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

You are so funny, I will just list your last 3 responses to me 

Pots, kettles

You have a general ignorance about you. 

Hoax.  You’re a moron.  That isn’t a hyperbolic thing.  You’re just not very smart

All true.  As was my point that you'd insult, call you stupid, and return your focus to the couch.  

18 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

18 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Y’all are moving goal posts.

the original assertion “Bidens policy made it a chargeable crime to not keep good track of how much you made each day in tips. Before Biden the rules were basically be reasonable, now they are be exact from a government that can't keep track of $100s of billions a year. ”

No where in SITCA does it make a chargeable crime for not tracking. In fact, SITCA is completely voluntary. “The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service today issued Notice 2023-13, which contains a proposed revenue procedure that would establish the Service Industry Tip Compliance Agreement (SITCA) program, a voluntary tip reporting program between the IRS and employers in various service industries. The IRS is issuing this guidance in proposed form to provide an opportunity for public comment.”

Let’s check 2023-13:  There’s two mentions of criminal activity…. Well I can’t post anything that isn’t there. There’s nothing in the notice that creates SITCA to create new or enforceable fraud penalties, let alone criminal penalties you can be charged with.