Harris 2024

43 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Picture

Wait, I thought that was Phoenix, not Jacksonville…

25 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So they had a concert beforehand? And I bet a ton of influencers were paid to be there.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I imagine anyone who has had to go through IVF can relate to this

I understanding of the IBF brew ha ha is that fertilized eggs were intentionally and maliciously destroyed and they consider that murder.  There are workarounds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I understanding of the IBF brew ha ha is that fertilized eggs were intentionally and maliciously destroyed and they consider that murder.  There are workarounds.

Are you ok?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Are you ok?

Damn dictation function.  And quick reply finger. 

“ my understanding of the IVF brouhaha is that if…”

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Damn dictation function.  And quick reply finger. 

“ my understanding of the IVF brouhaha is that if…”

Extracting eggs for IVF is a tough process with lots of shots and medication. To maximize the chance of a successful pregnancy, you’re given meds to produce more than one egg during a menstrual cycle. My wife used to have a printed spreadsheet just to track all of the meds she needed. 

The eggs that are produced are combined with the partner’s ***** (dudes seriously have the easiest job in this process), frozen and stored until ready for transfer. Transfer is not always successful, so in the event that the embryo does not attach, there are hopefully other embryos ready for implant without needing another round of egg harvesting. That’s why they use the meds to create extra eggs. 

To accommodate for the potential of embryos not implanting, it is not uncommon for multiple embryos to be used in the transfer. If multiple embryos successfully attach, it can lead to a scenario where they endanger each other and the removal of one would ensure the safety of the other. This is an unfortunate reality of the IVF process. 

If the transfer is successful and leads to a healthy pregnancy and birth, there may still be embryos in storage. The couple can pay to keep them for a while in case they want more kids. Or they can donate them to science or have them destroyed. But ultimately, the successful process of IVF routinely results in embryos that will not be implanted. 

For those who believe that life begins at conception, this is a problem. They appear to believe that the life of the embryos we still have in storage is equal to the life of my son.

I vehemently disagree. 

If embryos cannot be destroyed or used for science, then it’s hard to see how IVF would actually work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Cross tabs in the NYT poll shows Kamala Harris has done two things (if accurate)

Solidified her base (black people & unmarried white women) 

Made huge inroads with older whites

Trump is strong with younger white men and married whites .. that’s not enough if boomer whites give Kamala Hillary-level support & her base stays this energized. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1