Dolphins’ Shaq Barrett retiring from NFL

On 7/21/2024 at 8:38 AM, stuvian said:

in all seriousness, he and his wife lost a child to drowning. That changes your perspective on what's important. I wish peace to his family.

Indeed and good for this person to see that priories are family... How much money is enough... good luck to him. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't know when he'll (be forced to) return the money but I'd bet he's retiring for good.  And the Dols will definitely go after the signing bonus.

i mean... He didn't play and he didn't get hurt so I'd assume he just gives it back.  I assume team lawyers and player agents can figure this out for him.  

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

i mean... He didn't play and he didn't get hurt so I'd assume he just gives it back.  I assume team lawyers and player agents can figure this out for him.  

Yup.  He didn't earn any of it (maybe a workout bonus or something) so he'll have to give it back.  He just joined them so it's not like he's a longtime fan favorite they'll just let keep the money.

On 7/20/2024 at 7:31 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah,  unless Barrett has said it was about the death of his daughter that's a lot of speculation by @Roundybout regarding a very sensitive topic.    

man i didnt remember this was him.  major life changing event like that will have you seeing life totally different.  would no doubt change you forever.  hes got a newborn in the house again, would bet he wants to soak up all that time while shes young for once after missing so much time away from growing kiddos. probably some fear involved too

wonder if they moved, would be hard to be in that house. at minimum id need to cement over the pool. absolutely brutal. for their sake, i hoped they moved signing with miami, and hes just wants to see his newest little tot grow up

• Like (+1) 1