2024 MLB thread (second half edition)

BADOLBILZ

19 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Padres rookie Merrill plays like he’s been in the league 10 years.  Hit a game tying HR in the 9th tonight….. 2nd time this week.

He just hit a game tying HR in the 8th.  Fourth time in 12 days he’s hit a game tying HR in 8th, 9th or extras.  It’s getting ridiculous.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He just hit a game tying HR in the 8th.  Fourth time in 12 days he’s hit a game tying HR in 8th, 9th or extras.  It’s getting ridiculous.

Damn! Beat me to it. Was watching too.

Padres on a roll.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, US Egg said:

Damn! Beat me to it. Was watching too.

Padres on a roll.

There’s a team that made some smart moves at the deadline.  They have four excellent one inning high leverage relievers.  After Cease, their starters are ok/slightly above average but if they have a lead after five, they will be tough.  They and the D-Backs are real threats to the Phillies, who still have to be considered the favorites IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There’s a team that made some smart moves at the deadline.  They have four excellent one inning high leverage relievers.  After Cease, their starters are ok/slightly above average but if they have a lead after five, they will be tough.  They and the D-Backs are real threats to the Phillies, who still have to be considered the favorites IMO.

I watch a lot of the NL west. I’m enjoying the Padres and D’backs creeping up on Dodgers. But, Betts is back, so….? Hope all three are in the playoffs.

Phillies good everywhere, they’re a shoo-in. 

2 hours ago, US Egg said:

I watch a lot of the NL west. I’m enjoying the Padres and D’backs creeping up on Dodgers. But, Betts is back, so….? Hope all three are in the playoffs.

Phillies good everywhere, they’re a shoo-in. 

Lux has also begun to shows signs of maybe living up to his prospect status which would also be a big plus. But their pitching is a disaster and although Flaherty helps a little, I’m not sure it’ll be enough come playoff time.  They’ve had som bad injury luck with their arms.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lux has also begun to shows signs of maybe living up to his prospect status which would also be a big plus. But their pitching is a disaster and although Flaherty helps a little, I’m not sure it’ll be enough come playoff time.  They’ve had som bad injury luck with their arms.

Muncy is due back soon. The pitching staff blew up out of the gate, but, there’s still enough there I think.

Dodgers ruffed up Skenes tonight, but, that was due.

6 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

9-1  in last 10.  Yup nice roll.

As a Mutts fan I've noticed that the last couple of Padres wins came in the 9th or later. Padres are feeling it right now. On the other hand Braves look like pretenders lately. Plenty of time left to see which of these middling teams (Mutts included) end the rgular season on a high note and make the playoffs.

10 hours ago, US Egg said:

Muncy is due back soon. The pitching staff blew up out of the gate, but, there’s still enough there I think.

Dodgers ruffed up Skenes tonight, but, that was due.

Dodgers lost another pitcher last night.  

• Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Grayson Rodriguez !?!? 😯

UFR !!!

Grayson is potentially back in 10-15 days, they said on MASN the injury was less than feared.

O's blew another one today with idiot manger making stupid moves.  He apparently doesn't know that if you pull the pitcher the other team can make a move to. Unfriggin real loss

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

What is UFR?

Un f'n real....thought I'd try to show my text cred. YO! WORD! (yeah, pretty bad, I know)      

28 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Grayson is potentially back in 10-15 days, they said on MASN the injury was less than feared.

O's blew another one today with idiot manger making stupid moves.  He apparently doesn't know that if you pull the pitcher the other team can make a move to. Unfriggin real loss

Post game comment: “The leadoff walk doesn't help, and got to be able to hold runners better than that," Hyde said. 

Just thought I'd throw that out there 🙃

3 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Un f'n real....thought I'd try to show my text cred. YO! WORD! (yeah, pretty bad, I know)      

Post game comment: “The leadoff walk doesn't help, and got to be able to hold runners better than that," Hyde said. 

Just thought I'd throw that out there 🙃

Ya bring in that $hithead KImbrel who walks the bases loaded then gives up a sac fly. 1 run, 0 hits, 3 walks.  SMFH

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Agree 1

Seattle is another interesting team.  They REALLY need hitting and I think their bullpen is just ok, but their rotation?  Whichever team has the second best rotation in MLB is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Seattle.  Kirby and Castillo are both legit #1’s. You can make a case that Gilbert and even Miller are 1’s.  At worst they are 2’s.  Woo is at worst a 3 but you could make a case he is a 2,  They could stay in games in the playoffs against anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Seattle is another interesting team.  They REALLY need hitting and I think their bullpen is just ok, but their rotation?  Whichever team has the second best rotation in MLB is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Seattle.  Kirby and Castillo are both legit #1’s. You can make a case that Gilbert and even Miller are 1’s.  At worst they are 2’s.  Woo is at worst a 3 but you could make a case he is a 2,  They could stay in games in the playoffs against anyone.

The starting rotation of Seattle should be named The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They’re a nightmare to face.

This should be there entrance music:

…..seemed wittier last night. 🥴

Edited by US Egg
Morning after….

23 hours ago, US Egg said:

The starting rotation of Seattle should be named The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They’re a nightmare to face.

This should be there entrance music:

…..seemed wittier last night. 🥴

Too bad they can't hit worth a crap