2024 MLB thread (second half edition)

BADOLBILZ

Although the owner doesn't deserve the praise, I'm happy to see the Pirates at 52-50 this year, and although I'm a Twins fan, the Royals also competitive at 56-47.

Pirates haven't had a winning season since 2018, Royals since 2015.

41 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Although the owner doesn't deserve the praise, I'm happy to see the Pirates at 52-50 this year, and although I'm a Twins fan, the Royals also competitive at 56-47.

Pirates haven't had a winning season since 2018, Royals since 2015.

Royals been fun to watch. They’re my sleeper pick for a wild card. At 24, Witt is MVP material. Garcia and Pasquantino good looking young talent too. Ragan back to form, rest of the starters doing better than expected. 

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Royals been fun to watch. They’re my sleeper pick for a wild card. At 24, Witt is MVP material. Garcia and Pasquantino good looking young talent too. Ragan back to form, rest of the starters doing better than expected. 

Add Massey in there.  He is under the radar but a factor.  Salvy is a pro’s pro.  They are fun.  I love Witt but have to put him behind a few guys for MVP.  Beyond the Semi-legitimate Yankee hype train for Soto and Judge, you have Henderson and the all but forgotten Jose Ramirez.  He is a dude.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, US Egg said:

32 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Add Massey in there.  He is under the radar but a factor.  Salvy is a pro’s pro.  They are fun.  I love Witt but have to put him behind a few guys for MVP.  Beyond the Semi-legitimate Yankee hype train for Soto and Judge, you have Henderson and the all but forgotten Jose Ramirez.  He is a dude.

That 2015 Royals team was built perfectly. 

I don’t know who the GM was, but the entire batting order was made of players who made contact. All the time. It was ingenious. 

It’s practically opposite what Cashman keeps churning out year after year. 

Small ball and decent coaching will always beat the “out-HR everyone” model. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Thought this was a non Yankees thread?

One demerit. 

They haven’t been relevant since 2009. 

They don’t deserve their own thread!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Happy O’s grabbed Elfin? He gets talked up, but, before last season he wasn’t much imo. 

Semi optimistic, at least they didn't give up a top  prospect

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

kimbrell blows another game in  the 9th that scumbag.  Fortunately the Yanks lost also but the RedSox have now invited themselves to the party

Happy O’s grabbed Elfin? He gets talked up, but, before last season he wasn’t all that much imo. 

Thought Red Sox getting Paxton was a better move, if he stays healthy.

Yankees getting Stanton back so watch out.

…..oops.

Edited by US Egg
  • Haha (+1) 1