Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

Probably a team whose ass Alan has kicked multiple times which is why the gm remained anonymous. Now kc gm, for example could talk openly and attach his name to it. Sure Allen has beat kc a few times in the regular season but never when it counted. Allen has cleaned up on pretty much everyone else.

On 7/28/2024 at 1:06 PM, 4th&long said:

Probably a team whose ass Alan has kicked multiple times which is why the gm remained anonymous. Now kc gm, for example could talk openly and attach his name to it. Sure Allen has beat kc a few times in the regular season but never when it counted. Allen has cleaned up on pretty much everyone else.

And even then he wouldn't stupid enough to say it.  Thirteen seconds wasn't his fault and neither was missing the FG at the end of last season's playoff game.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

John Elway has come out and said that not drafting Josh Allen was his biggest mistake as a GM.

Well, I guess we can put to rest who was the one who said Allen was overrated. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RaiderDave said:

I'm 99% sure the "anonymous NFL Exec" doesn't really exist.  The source of this "story" needs clicks and it apparently worked.

It is sad that this is as least as likely as a GM actually saying it. There is also the likelihood a GM said an aspect of his game is overrated, but not him overall. 

14 hours ago, RaiderDave said:

I'm 99% sure the "anonymous NFL Exec" doesn't really exist.  The source of this "story" needs clicks and it apparently worked.

Like "anonymous" sources.

On 7/29/2024 at 11:39 PM, RaiderDave said:

I'm gonna go Full On Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy and say it was actually a former member of the Bills FO, and Beane palmed him a few Benjamins to be quoted saying that so it would fire Josh Allen up.

Either that, or it was someone on the Giants, since they were shown on screen demonstrating...."interesting" QB evaluations.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:39 PM, RaiderDave said:

When I was in Desert Storm many years ago, I was instructed to give unfettered access to a NYT reporter who wanted to talk privately to a group of enlisted soldiers.  So I did.

The soldiers told me this story...  The reporter began by explaining some big picture stuff and then talked about how President Bush was in Kennebunkport fishing instead of trying to resolve the conflict and get the soldiers home.  He then asked something like, "Aren't you guys pissed that your Commander in Chief is vacationing while you guys are stuck in these hostile conditions in the middle of the Arabian Desert far away from your families?" 

But most soldiers don't really give a crap about politics.  Just tell us where to go, and what to do, and we'll be there.  Met mostly with apathy, the reporter turned to the one soldier who nodded just a little about being pissed.  "Would it be fair for me to quote you..."   And then he provided an incendiary quote that he probably wrote on the airplane about Bush needing go get off his arse, out of his fishing boat, and back to DC - something like that.  

Well, the soldier said he would NOT acquiesce to having those words put into his mouth.   But another private said, "You can quote me."  

And thus one of my privates became  famous while I eventually got an arse-chewing for one of my guys bad-mouthing the President of the United States to the New York Times.  

I've never trusted reporters since.   I wouldn't be surprised if the anonymous exec didn't exist or didn't say the exact words quoted in the article.