Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

18 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's the game where

… Tom Brady won yet another Super Bowl.

Yep.

As was my other example I posted.

PS:

Perfect answer by Beane regarding the “underrated” comment from the executive:

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

… Tom Brady won yet another Super Bowl.

Yep.

As was my other example I posted.

PS:

Perfect answer by Beane regarding the “underrated” comment from the executive:

I like his point about defining “executive”. He says he was probably referred to as an executive before it was warranted.

I don’t recall the details, but a female ticketing “executive” for some team was recently accused of doing something wrong. The vague term “executive” jumped out at me and made me wonder if she was someone with clout or just a sales rep trying to sell some club seats. It’s a handy way to possibly give something more weight than it deserves, if attention is your thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Why does this bother you guys so much. I have a very strong suspicion that this Exec is from the Bengals because the entire organization is super defensive and each of those weaknesses are Joe Burrow's strengths. Also, overrated is such a strange term. This is not that hard to do. "Joe Burrow is the most overrated player in the league. He lacks mobility, gets hurt all the time, has never won at any level without an all-pro team at the skill positions, and takes more sacks than anyone else in the league." Or how about this? "The Beatles are overrated. They just play the same 4 chords all the time and stole everything from Elvis and Buddy Holly." 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Why does this bother you guys so much. I have a very strong suspicion that this Exec is from the Bengals because the entire organization is super defensive and each of those weaknesses are Joe Burrow's strengths. Also, overrated is such a strange term. This is not that hard to do. "Joe Burrow is the most overrated player in the league. He lacks mobility, gets hurt all the time, has never won at any level without an all-pro team at the skill positions, and takes more sacks than anyone else in the league." Or how about this? "The Beatles are overrated. They just play the same 4 chords all the time and stole everything from Elvis and Buddy Holly." 

If this “executive” is from the Bengals, he’s probably grumpy because he’s grossly underpaid compared to his peers by that cheapskate!  😂 

I don’t even recall the specific wording, but maybe you are onto something about being Burrow-defensive.  

22 hours ago, FireChans said:

One day when I’m not on a beach chair I’ll crunch the numbers down and go through the gauntlet for Patty, Burrow, Lamar etc. on how many times their defense lost them a lead in the fourth

Nice.

How long you on the beach?

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

If this “executive” is from the Bengals, he’s probably grumpy because he’s grossly underpaid compared to his peers by that cheapskate!  😂 

I don’t even recall the specific wording, but maybe you are onto something about being Burrow-defensive.  

Too many turnovers, more of a thrower than a passer, doesn’t win at the LoS pre snap. If you had Joe Burrow and wanted to pump him up over Allen that’s precisely what you would highlight. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Craig Carton put out there that Brandon Beane said this so he can trade Josh Allen. 

Guess it's a slow week for sports

Craig Carton is like if a stuffed Gorrilla costume had a hamsters brain and vocal chords.

He is more useless to listen to than Skip or stephen a.  

We used to have good reporters/writers and people who actually liked the sports they covered and I miss it.

5 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Craig Carton put out there that Brandon Beane said this so he can trade Josh Allen. 

More like Carton is slow...

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s nice to see Beane pushing back on the idiot who made such ridiculous comment.

Yup.  I hope the "exec" heard/read those comments.

12 hours ago, dma0034 said:

It makes a lot of sense that you’d want to trash a player you were looking to trade thus lowering his value as much as possible.  

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wow, I wonder if this will shut some people up.  Those are amazing numbers.

What's most eye-opening is Mahomes at the bottom of the 10+ yard TD pass list, along with Mac Jones and Davis Mills...obviously Mahomes has a great arm, but the Chiefs run a dink and dunk offense, especially since Tyreek left...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mannc said:

What's most eye-opening is Mahomes at the bottom of the 10+ yard TD pass list, along with Mac Jones and Davis Mills...obviously Mahomes has a great arm, but the Chiefs run a dink and dunk offense, especially since Tyreek left...

It also illustrates the sheer offensive brilliance of Andy Reid.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, mannc said:

Also indicative of how opponents play defense against them. Making Mahomes be patient to dink and dunk down the field. He has obviously shown the ability to do that the last couple of years. It’ll be interesting how defenses will play them this coming season especially with the outside speed they have now.