Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

He’s got great numbers in the fourth Q AND he doesn’t fall victim to McD bumbling the lead away nearly as much as you thought an hour ago. Point proven.

There's no point proven at all lol. Bills lost 3 games last year when they had a lead with under 2 to go.

That has got to be close to an NFL record lol

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Just so we are clear

Losing a game where you were ahead in the 4th is statistically unlikely. You are taking the absence of a statistically unlikely event in McDermott's favor

Come from behind victories in the 4th quarter are also statistically unlikely. Here you are taking the absence of a statistically unlikely event to Allen's detriment

Do you see why you shouldn't try to put these two things in a ratio together

One day when I’m not on a beach chair I’ll crunch the numbers down and go through the gauntlet for Patty, Burrow, Lamar etc. on how many times their defense lost them a lead in the fourth, how many times they overcame it vs not, and how many times they failed to take a lead in the fourth. And then I’ll ratio them all up.

I think the numbers will be shocking to you. Maybe I’ll do it later.

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Dude if it wasn’t for Allen McD would be unemployed.

you accept your BS remark was wrong, right? Or do you commonly say bullschitt to 100% correct facts?

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

There's no point proven at all lol. Bills lost 3 games last year when they had a lead with under 2 to go.

That has got to be close to an NFL record lol

I’ll make the point one last time for you and @GoBills808

If I polled TBD today and asked:

Which number is higher:

Losses where Josh Allen failed to score to take the lead in the 4th Q since 2020

Losses where the defense failed to hold a lead in the 4th Q since 2020

IMO, the vote would be OVERWHELMING for option 2. Like probably 10:1. You may have voted option 2 yourself.

Now you of course know thats 100% not true. If that’s not overrating, idk what is

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

One day when I’m not on a beach chair I’ll crunch the numbers down and go through the gauntlet for Patty, Burrow, Lamar etc. on how many times their defense lost them a lead in the fourth, how many times they overcame it vs not, and how many times they failed to take a lead in the fourth. And then I’ll ratio them all up.

you accept your BS remark was wrong, right? Or do you commonly say bullschitt to 100% correct facts?

That would be great

Somehow I don't think I'll be surprised but I'm open to it

Joe Marino's take for anyone who cares:

He spends most of the episode talking about Josh Allen. For a large portion in the middle he specifically discusses the Bills' success with Allen compared to the Chiefs' success with Mahomes.

I'm admittedly biased because he echoes everything I've ever said on this topic, but it's amazing how just straightforward and obvious some of his points are when you hear them out loud. Like you can't reasonably disagree with anything he says.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Which number is higher:

Losses where Josh Allen failed to score to take the lead in the 4th Q since 2020

IMO, the vote would be OVERWHELMING for option 2. Like probably 10:1. You may have voted option 2 yourself.

Now you of course know thats 100% not true. If that’s not overrating, idk what is

I would have voted option1 fwiw

Because as I have said repeatedly you are statistically much more likely to lose when you trail in the 4th

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I would have voted option1 fwiw

Because as I have said repeatedly you are statistically much more likely to lose when you trail in the 4th

You may have, sure.

I don’t think TBD at large would.

59 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Which number is higher:

I'm actually interested in how you would count some of these games.

Does the 2023 loss to the Jets count as a game our DEF choked because they allowed 2 scoring drives in the 4th Q? Josh and the offense did score a game tying FG on a drive that started with <2 minutes left. Pretty easily Josh's worst game of the season, but a game in which the DEF gave up the lead late and the OFF scored on a 'clutch' drive to tie it late. 

What about the 2021 loss to the Titans? Strictly speaking the offense failed to score to take the lead late in the 4th Q. However, our DEF did not force a stop after the 1st Q and allowed 6 straight scoring drives. 

2022 loss to the Vikings or 2021 loss to the Bucs? Both sides of the ball had clutch and anti-clutch moments in the 4th/OT.

FWIW if we're looking at clear cut examples of 1 side of the ball choking the game I'd have this list

DEF blew it:

2020: Cardinals

2021: Chiefs (playoffs)

2023: Patriots, Eagles

OFF blew it:

2021: Jaguars, Patriots (extreme weather)

2022: Dolphins (extreme weather)

The rest of our close losses have joint responsibility in the 4th Q or involve 1 side of the ball playing great for 3+ quarters but not being able to close the game out. Offense has the '21 loss to Titans and '23 (playoffs) loss to Chiefs. Defense has the '23 loss to Broncos

24 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm actually interested in how you would count some of these games.

Does the 2023 loss to the Jets count as a game our DEF choked because they allowed 2 scoring drives in the 4th Q? Josh and the offense did score a game tying FG on a drive that started with <2 minutes left. Pretty easily Josh's worst game of the season, but a game in which the DEF gave up the lead late and the OFF scored on a 'clutch' drive to tie it late. 

What about the 2021 loss to the Titans? Strictly speaking the offense failed to score to take the lead late in the 4th Q. However, our DEF did not force a stop after the 1st Q and allowed 6 straight scoring drives. 

2022 loss to the Vikings or 2021 loss to the Bucs? Both sides of the ball had clutch and anti-clutch moments in the 4th/OT.

FWIW if we're looking at clear cut examples of 1 side of the ball choking the game I'd have this list

DEF blew it:

2020: Cardinals

2021: Chiefs (playoffs)

2023: Patriots, Eagles

OFF blew it:

2021: Jaguars, Patriots (extreme weather)

2022: Dolphins (extreme weather)

The rest of our close losses have joint responsibility in the 4th Q or involve 1 side of the ball playing great for 3+ quarters but not being able to close the game out. Offense has the '21 loss to Titans and '23 (playoffs) loss to Chiefs. Defense has the '23 loss to Broncos

I somehow cannot find my original post on the subject, but my methodology was:

Losses where the Bills entered the 4th trailing within 1 score and did not take the lead - Josh loss

Losses where the Bills were in the 4th Q with a lead - McD loss

the Jets game wouldn’t count under either criteria. 

There aren’t many losses so it’s kinda quick and easy to go through. Games where we got our doors blown off don’t count. 

Edited by FireChans

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Under normal circumstances your argument would be true. But we literally left only 13 seconds on the clock. Not even Brady, Mahomes,  Elway or Manning would be-grudge Josh for that.  I guess there is no multiverse where McD and his pathetic playoff defense is ever held accountable.  

And neither do I, which is I specifically mentioned that

On 7/21/2024 at 3:24 PM, BullBuchanan said:

This happens not just at the end of games, but at the end of halves. While 13 seconds was definitely not his fault, an earlier example in that game had him giving KC the ball back with nearly 40 seconds left in the half

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Buchanan appears to have a short memory. He must have already forgotten Brady scoring a TD on 2nd down with 2 minutes to go in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks.

hOw dArE hE nOt BlEeD tHe ClOcK

That's the game where after he did that, the seahawks promptly marched down to the NE 1 and were a Marshawn Lynch handoff away from being SB Champs, right?

Do you have any other of these examples that disprove your own point? It'll save me a lot of time having to pull up data to support my argument.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Joe Marino's take for anyone who cares:

He spends most of the episode talking about Josh Allen. For a large portion in the middle he specifically discusses the Bills' success with Allen compared to the Chiefs' success with Mahomes.

I'm admittedly biased because he echoes everything I've ever said on this topic, but it's amazing how just straightforward and obvious some of his points are when you hear them out loud. Like you can't reasonably disagree with anything he says.

he’s extremely logical.  Probably why certain people don’t like him.  

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I somehow cannot find my original post on the subject, but my methodology was:

Losses where the Bills entered the 4th trailing within 1 score and did not take the lead - Josh loss

Losses where the Bills were in the 4th Q with a lead - McD loss

the Jets game wouldn’t count under either criteria. 

There aren’t many losses so it’s kinda quick and easy to go through. Games where we got our doors blown off don’t count. 

Did you look at wins with the same criteria as well? For example the Giants game this year saw our offense score TWO go-ahead TDs in the 4th Q. While our DEF allowed a lead-losing FG drive in the 4th Q. 

I'm cherry picking here to illustrate how deceiving it can be to only look at the 4th Q.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Did you look at wins with the same criteria as well? For example the Giants game this year saw our offense score TWO go-ahead TDs in the 4th Q. While our DEF allowed a lead-losing FG drive in the 4th Q. 

I'm cherry picking here to illustrate how deceiving it can be to only look at the 4th Q.

I only looked at losses because the argument at the time was that McD causes a lot of our losses in the 4th.

I don’t quite understand why @FireChans is choosing to die on this hill.

As @GoBills808 pointed out, it is statistically unlikely to win a game you trail in the 4th quarter.  Likewise, statistically unlikely to lose a game you lead in the 4the quarter. 

Breaking news, Bills have few wins when they trail to start the 4th quarter!

Fire Chans logic= Allen overrated 

Breaking now as well, Bills have few losses when they lead entering the 4th quarter!

Fire Chans logic= McD underrated 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

It’s 100% true. I can post you the data if you’d like.

umm, yes.

you haven’t given us the actual facts on this. And now you say you can’t seem to find them. not that it matters because we all know teams fail to win more often when they trail.

but you mocked @BillsFan130 for not proving data when they actually did so it would be nice if you could actually give us the hard numbers. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/22/2024 at 10:29 PM, Sammy Watkins&#x27; Rib said:

key words “if things were equal”

Thought it was about results. 

Things have been pretty equal the last few years. Not sure that will be the case again this year though. 

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t quite understand why @FireChans is choosing to die on this hill.

As @GoBills808 pointed out, it is statistically unlikely to win a game you trail in the 4th quarter.  Likewise, statistically unlikely to lose a game you lead in the 4the quarter. 

Breaking news, Bills have few wins when they trail to start the 4th quarter!

Fire Chans logic= Allen overrated 

Breaking now as well, Bills have few losses when they lead entering the 4th quarter!

Fire Chans logic= McD underrated 

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

Which number is higher:

Tried to make it as simple and easy to understand as possible for you. Lol.

I do love the idea of “dying on the hill” of reality. I know it’s hard for some to accept!

Edited by FireChans

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Tried to make it as simple and easy to understand as possible for you. Lol.

I do love the idea of “dying on the hill” of reality. I know it’s hard for some to accept!

great detective work by you Fire Chans. 

Go ahead and provide the data to support your claims. You can’t require it from others while giving yourself a pass.