Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/two-metrics-prove-buffalo-qb-josh-allen-nfl-best-clutch-rv3

Theres one article ^ that shows he's the most clutch ranked QB the last 3 years combined. The 4th quarter clutch stat is listed in there as well

And Joe Marino listed the blown lead stat on his podcast last week, I can get it for you if you really want the receipt 

Still outrageous argument?

Josh Allen has really good numbers in the 4th Q. Cool article that has nothing to do with your dubious “facts.”

7 hours ago, BananaB said:

bull####

It’s 100% true. I can post you the data if you’d like.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Josh Allen has really good numbers in the 4th Q. Cool article that has nothing to do with your dubious “facts.”

It’s 100% true. I can post you the data if you’d like.

Huh?? Your argument is he isn't as clutch as some of us say.

This article literally shows he's the most clutch QB in the NFL😂🤦‍♂️ Sometimes you got to know when to cut your losses sir

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Huh?? Your argument is he isn't as clutch as some of us say.

This article literally shows he's the most clutch QB in the NFL😂🤦‍♂️ Sometimes you got to know when to cut your losses sir

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

I think Bills fans at large would be shocked to find out Allen fails to win games far more often than McD loses them.

The way the speak about both parties is exhibit A. McD is a choke artist and Allen is Mr. Clutch. Lmao. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you know that Josh Allen Via analytics was the most clutch QB in the 4th quarter by FAR?

In his career, he has lost 7 games where he left the field with the lead in the 4th quarter.

To put in perspective, Tom Brady had 4 or 5 losses and played almost 25 years.

Manning had like 3 or 4.

And Mahomes has like 2.

(don't quote me on the exact numbers from Brady, manning, Mahomes, but give or take around that)

Translation: The defence let's him down in clutch moments and it's pretty obvious if you watch the bills which I assume you do

What is your rebuttal to those facts/stats?

I linked the convo so you can follow along better.

I never said Allen has 4th Q garbage numbers.

I said he lost more games by failing to get us a lead in the 4th more than McD lost a lead.

It’s a fact. It’s great he has a nice QBR in the fourth. It doesn’t change the statement above. Back to the sandbox.

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I linked the convo so you can follow along better.

I never said Allen has 4th Q garbage numbers.

I said he lost more games by failing to get us a lead in the 4th more than McD lost a lead.

It’s a fact. It’s great he has a nice QBR in the fourth. It doesn’t change the statement above. Back to the sandbox.

So your argument is that Josh doesn't give the bills a lead in the 4th?

Do you seriously watch the bills? 

They had 6 losses this year- 

Jets game- On Josh in the 4th

Jags game- was unreal in the 4th and got back to back TDs but D couldn't stop them- Didn't have a chance to give them a lead

NE game- left the field with the lead under 2:00  but mcds D couldn't stop Mac jones

Cinci game- TD late in the 4th, D couldn't stop to give him another chance to take lead.

Denver game- Left the field with the lead, D couldn't hold under 2 mins

Eagles game- Left the field TWICE with the lead, D couldn't stop end of regulation or OT

So 3 of the 6 losses, Josh Allen left the field by giving them the lead , not to mention the game winning drives.

In total he gave them the lead 7 times in the 4th quarter last year. So dude I ask again, do you actually watch the bills?

Do you understand how much of an anomaly that is, to lose 3 games in one season when your team has the lead under 2 minutes to play??

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/two-metrics-prove-buffalo-qb-josh-allen-nfl-best-clutch-rv3

Theres one article ^ that shows he's the most clutch ranked QB the last 3 years combined. The 4th quarter clutch stat is listed in there as well

And Joe Marino listed the blown lead stat on his podcast last week, I can get it for you if you really want the receipt 

Still outrageous argument?

You have to forgive @FireChans

He thinks the ratio of 4th quarter come from behind wins to blown leads is a valid method of comparing a HC to his QB

Dubious methodology to say the least

But he is getting better

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

So your argument is that Josh doesn't give the bills a lead in the 4th?

Do you seriously watch the bills? 

They had 6 losses this year- 

Jets game- On Josh in the 4th

Jags game- was unreal in the 4th and got back to back TDs but D couldn't stop them- Didn't have a chance to give them a lead

NE game- left the field with the lead under 2:00  but mcds D couldn't stop Mac jones

Cinci game- TD late in the 4th, D couldn't stop to give him another chance to take lead.

Denver game- Left the field with the lead, D couldn't hold under 2 mins

Eagles game- Left the field TWICE with the lead, D couldn't stop end of regulation or OT

So 3 of the 6 losses, Josh Allen left the field by giving them the lead , not to mention the game winning drives (which counters your argument) but the bills lost.

Do you understand how much of an anomaly that is, to lose 3 games in one season when your team has the lead under 2 minutes to play??

Um, it’s a fact that preceded 2023. Like Allen’s whole tenure as a franchise QB. I went through every loss since 2020

Do you want me to link you the numbers? When I prove that Allen failed to get us a lead more than McD blew one, will you say uncle?

I don’t mind. 

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You have to forgive @FireChans

He thinks the ratio of 4th quarter come from behind wins to blown leads is a valid method of comparing a HC to his QB

Dubious methodology to say the least

But he is getting better

Like I said, it doesn’t surprise me that Bills fans don’t believe it. They think Allen walks on water and McD can’t tie his shoes.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Um, it’s a fact that preceded 2023. Like Allen’s whole tenure as a franchise QB. I went through every loss since 2020

Do you want me to link you the numbers? When I prove that Allen failed to get us a lead more than McD blew one, will you say uncle?

I don’t mind. 

Like I said, it doesn’t surprise me that Bills fans don’t believe it. They think Allen walks on water and McD can’t tie his shoes.

Like I said

Those two things should not be used in conjunction to reach your conclusion

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

I don’t mind. 

Man do you know how rare it is to blow multiple leads under 2 minutes ?😂 Of course that's going to be the case.

Like I said- Josh Allen has lost 7 games in his career where he's had the lead in the 4th.

Tom Brady has played for over 2 decades and has less than that 😂

But sure if you want, go for it- Just make sure to give Mahomes and Burrows numbers as well because news flash...

Not all elite QBs come through every game.

Your saviour Mahomes threw a pick to Taron in 2022 to end the game. I know that must have been a tough one for you 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Like I said

Those two things should not be used in conjunction to reach your conclusion

That’s a diffeeent take.

anyone arguing that there’s no way that the stat is true is still wrong. 

Man do you know how rare it is to blow multiple leads under 2 minutes ?😂 Of course that's going to be the case.

Like I said- Josh Allen has lost 7 games in his career where he's had the lead in the 4th.

Tom Brady has played for over 2 decades and has less than that 😂

But sure if you want, go for it- Just make sure to give Mahomes and Burrows numbers as well because news flash...

Not all elite QBs come through every game.

Your saviour Mahomes threw a pick to Taron in 2022 to end the game. I know that must have been a tough one for you 

Not under 2 minutes. In the 4th Q.

we have more losses where Allen failed to get a lead in the fourth than where McD lost a lead lol.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

That’s a diffeeent take.

anyone arguing that there’s no way that the stat is true is still wrong. 

I know, I'm trying to provide context

Teams are EXPECTED to win games where they lead late, it's statistically very likely. I showed you those win% figures

So saying we blow fewer leads than we have fourth quarter comebacks...I mean that really isn't saying anything relevant, their relationship doesn't prove anything 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Not under 2 minutes. In the 4th Q.

we have more losses where Allen failed to get a lead in the fourth than where McD lost a lead lol.

And what's it Relative to Burrow/Zac Taylor ? Mahomes/Reid? Lamar/Harbaugh? Etc

Because you're giving me a random stat without any context to the rest of the QBs/coaches

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I know, I'm trying to provide context

Teams are EXPECTED to win games where they lead late, it's statistically very likely. I showed you those win% figures

So saying we blow fewer leads than we have fourth quarter comebacks...I mean that really isn't saying anything relevant, their relationship doesn't prove anything 

It proves that Allen is overrated or McD is underrated. Probably a little of both. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

It proves that Allen is overrated or McD is underrated. Probably a little of both. 

It really doesn't 

You'd need to compare each to the rest of the league, not to each other

What you are trying to do does not math

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

It really doesn't 

You'd need to compare each to the rest of the league, not to each other

What you are trying to do does not math

Exactly. It's a random stat that has 0 context relative to the rest of the league 

Edited by BillsFan130

And what's it Relative to Burrow/Zac Taylor ? Mahomes/Reid? Lamar/Harbaugh? Etc

Because you're giving me a random stat without any context to the rest of the QBs/coaches

I don’t know. 

All I know is that you are accepting it is in fact a fact. That’s all I need.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t know. 

You go on your random stat that has 0 context to the rest of the league that feeds your bias. For all I know , that ratio you provided is the best in the NFL for Josh, so it proves absolutely nothing.

I'll stick to the actual data that confirms Josh is a clutch QB in totality and in the 4th. 

Have a good night 

Edited by BillsFan130

You go on your random stat that has 0 context to the rest of the league that feeds your bias. For all I know , that ratio you provided is the best in the NFL for Josh, so it proves absolutely nothing.

I'll stick to the actual data that confirms Josh is a clutch QB in totality and in the 4th. 

Have a good night 

He’s got great numbers in the fourth Q AND he doesn’t fall victim to McD bumbling the lead away nearly as much as you thought an hour ago. Point proven.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t know. 

Just so we are clear

Losing a game where you were ahead in the 4th is statistically unlikely. You are taking the absence of a statistically unlikely event in McDermott's favor

Come from behind victories in the 4th quarter are also statistically unlikely. Here you are taking the absence of a statistically unlikely event to Allen's detriment

Do you see why you shouldn't try to put these two things in a ratio together