Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

On 7/19/2024 at 12:58 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

“One of the more overrated players in the NFL,” a veteran NFL executive said. “Immense talent but he makes a lot of mistakes. He’s underdeveloped at winning at the line of scrimmage, tends to lock on to targets, more of a thrower than precision passer, forces throws into traffic.”

Funny, there's a poster here that says the exact same thing.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, GoBills808 said:

i would expect that is the overwhelming trend league wide

Overwhelming trend with a league filled with bums like Mac Jones and Gardner Minshew? Probably.

Overwhelming trend with elite QB’s? Probs not.

Just now, FireChans said:

Overwhelming trend with a league filled with bums like Mac Jones and Gardner Minshew? Probably.

Overwhelming trend with elite QB’s? Probs not.

we can go down this rabbit hole if you insist

Just now, GoBills808 said:

we can go down this rabbit hole if you insist

I think Bills fans at large would be shocked to find out Allen fails to win games far more often than McD loses them.

The way the speak about both parties is exhibit A. McD is a choke artist and Allen is Mr. Clutch. Lmao. 

• Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think Bills fans at large would be shocked to find out Allen fails to win games far more often than McD loses them.

The way the speak about both parties is exhibit A. McD is a choke artist and Allen is Mr. Clutch. Lmao. 

i think bills fans are fully capable of understanding that you are far more likely to lose games when you are behind and far more likely to win when you are ahead

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Considering the Bills have the 2nd best wining percentage in all 4 major sports over the last 5 years, exactly how often can it be?

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/22/2024 at 12:05 PM, Einstein said:

Horse penis.

That was the right read by Josh and i’ll defend this hill forever.

Allen had Shakir, wide open, in the endzone, for the go-head score. You take that EVERY TIME. If Allen isn’t hit by Chris Jones, it’s a Touchdown.

No, you don't take a touchdown "every time". The great ones understand that. You've been wrong since it happened and you keep dying on that hill wrong every time you repeat it.

Under that scenario you score a touchdown and Mahomes marches the field and does the same and you incorrectly blame the defense. Football is about more than scoring points as fast as possible, as Peyton Manning learned all too well. It's about managing the game, which Brady knew from the get-go, Mahomes learned very early on, and Manning and Elway eventually learned. As long as you and josh keep thinking "hey, I left the field with the lead", we'll keep getting sent home in the playoffs while others collect hardware.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, you don't take a touchdown "every time". The great ones understand that. You've been wrong since it happened and you keep dying on that hill wrong every time you repeat it.

Under that scenario you score a touchdown and Mahomes marches the field and does the same and you incorrectly blame the defense. Football is about more than scoring points as fast as possible, as Peyton Manning learned all too well. It's about managing the game, which Brady knew from the get-go, Mahomes learned very early on, and Manning and Elway eventually learned. As long as you and josh keep thinking "hey, I left the field with the lead", we'll keep getting sent home in the playoffs while others collect hardware.

Tom Brady has relied on his D to make stops at the end of games a fair amount over the years. Early in his career it was more about them making a stop in the final minutes and him rushing them up the field as fast as possible, then him bleeding out the clock. Bellichick had a D that could be relied upon in crucial moments, McD doesn’t. That’s the problem in Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, you don't take a touchdown "every time". The great ones understand that

You can not list a single example where a great purposefully passed up a Touchdown with a minute and change to go in a playoff game, for an underneath crosser pass. 

Not a single one. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Under that scenario you score a touchdown and Mahomes marches the field and does the same and you incorrectly blame the defense.

If the defense allows the Chiefs to drive 80 yards in less than 90 seconds for a game-winning touchdown, then you CORRECTLY blame the defense.

It would 100% be a defensive failure.

In what universe would the defense not be to blame in that scenario? None.

53 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Tom Brady has relied on his D to make stops at the end of games a fair amount over the years. Early in his career it was more about them making a stop in the final minutes and him rushing them up the field as fast as possible, then him bleeding out the clock. Bellichick had a D that could be relied upon in crucial moments, McD doesn’t. That’s the problem in Buffalo

Buchanan appears to have a short memory. He must have already forgotten Brady scoring a TD on 2nd down with 2 minutes to go in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks.

or against the Chiefs in the playoffs, when Brady and the Patriots scored on first down and goal, and under a minute left, instead of bleeding the clock.

hOw dArE hE nOt BlEeD tHe ClOcK

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

We lose more games needing Josh to get a score in the fourth than we do blowing 4thQ leads fyi.

Not true.

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Given that it was a divisional round playoff game and a Bills win would have had them playing in their 2nd straight AFC championship game that loss, entirely on the coaching staff, is worth 10 regular season losses (which is equal to about 2 full Bills seasons over the last 4 years).

20 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not true.

Given that it was a divisional round playoff game and a Bills win would have had them playing in their 2nd straight AFC championship game that loss, entirely on the coaching staff, is worth 10 regular season losses (which is equal to about 2 full Bills seasons over the last 4 years).

In 2023 alone the Bills lost 4 regular season games with a 4thQ lead:
They lead the Jets 13-6 with 5 minutes to go in the game and lost 22-16

They took the lead vs the Patriots 25-22 with 1:58 to go and lost 29-25.

They took the lead vs the Broncos 22-21 with 1:55 to go and lost 24-22.

They took the lead vs the Eagles 31-28 with 1:52 to go and lost 37-34.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

Do you know that Josh Allen Via analytics was the most clutch QB in the 4th quarter by FAR?

In his career, he has lost 7 games where he left the field with the lead in the 4th quarter.

To put in perspective, Tom Brady had 4 or 5 losses and played almost 25 years.

Manning had like 3 or 4.

And Mahomes has like 2.

(don't quote me on the exact numbers from Brady, manning, Mahomes, but give or take around that)

Translation: The defence let's him down in clutch moments and it's pretty obvious if you watch the bills which I assume you do

What is your rebuttal to those facts/stats?

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you know that Josh Allen Via analytics was the most clutch QB in the 4th quarter by FAR?

In his career, he has lost 7 games where he left the field with the lead in the 4th quarter.

To put in perspective, Tom Brady had 4 or 5 losses and played almost 25 years.

Manning had like 3 or 4.

And Mahomes has like 2.

(don't quote me on the exact numbers from Brady, manning, Mahomes, but give or take around that)

Translation: The defence let's him down in clutch moments and it's pretty obvious if you watch the bills which I assume you do

That’s a McD problem

35 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

don't quote me on the exact numbers from Brady, manning, Mahomes, but give or take around that

36 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Find me the actual facts to dispute? Lmao, what is this.

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Find me the actual facts to dispute? Lmao, what is this.

I just told you the facts - Josh Allen was ranked the most clutch QB in the 4th quarter by far.

And told you the facts that his defence blows leads at an insane clip, already more than QBs like Brady and manning who played for 20 years.

And your argument is Josh is not as clutch as we think , and McDermotts defence in clutch moments isn't as bad as we think.

Correct?

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I just told you the facts - Josh Allen was ranked the most clutch QB in the 4th quarter by far.

And told you the facts that his defence blows leads at an insane clip, already more than QBs like Brady and manning who played for 20 years.

And your argument is Josh is not as clutch as we think , and McDermotts defence in clutch moments isn't as bad as we think.

Correct?

You don’t have the facts. You are guessing at numbers that you vaguely remember.

Outrageous argument. Incorrect. 0/10.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Under normal circumstances your argument would be true. But we literally left only 13 seconds on the clock. Not even Brady, Mahomes,  Elway or Manning would be-grudge Josh for that.  I guess there is no multiverse where McD and his pathetic playoff defense is ever held accountable.  

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You don’t have the facts. You are guessing at numbers that you vaguely remember.

Outrageous argument. Incorrect. 0/10.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/two-metrics-prove-buffalo-qb-josh-allen-nfl-best-clutch-rv3

Theres one article ^ that shows he's the most clutch ranked QB the last 3 years combined. The 4th quarter clutch stat is listed in there as well

And Joe Marino listed the blown lead stat on his podcast last week, I can get it for you if you really want the receipt 

Still outrageous argument?

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Thank you (+1) 2