Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I am firmly in the “Josh Allen is a top 3 QB” camp. 

But I also believe that he could be closer to the best in the NFL if he could keep his head on for an entire season. 

I think he lacks maturity and mental strength. My only knocks on him since day one. 

That level of maturity and mental toughness is what separates Mahomes from Allen. 

Mahomes matured more quickly than Allen. 

Hence the rings. 

Josh’s performance record in the clutch and playoffs contradicts your assertions he lacks mental toughness and maturity.

The truth is he is 3 or 4 plays away from having had a chance to get those same rings.

Like it or not, luck is a big part of success and Mahomes has had all of it.

Edited by eball
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I have seen the “underdeveloped at winning at the LOS” criticism levied at Josh before. Like his presnap stuff is not up to snuff.

Where does this come from? What is it that folks see or or notice?

25 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

The only reason Mahomes has rings and Allen doesn't, is Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo. Meanwhile our defensive HC would give up 20 points to a peewee football team in the playoffs. 

Imagine if Pat Mahomes’ defense allowed 35 in the SB. 

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

KC defense scored a TD that game and forced 2 punts. That's a better defensive performance than the Bills in any of the 3 playoff games vs KC

Jalen Hurts dropped the ball lol,

They still allowed 35. In Josh Allen land, that’s “he can’t win a game like that.”

He's often overrated around here with people calling him "the greatest player in the league" While there's guys in the league who have won multiple MVPs and have won multiple Super Bowls. I think the national consensus that he's int he top 2-3 QBs is much more reasonable and I wouldn't call that overrated, but the mistakes he's called out for here are undoubtedly true, and they're the primary reason he doesn't have at least one MVP or a SB ring.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He's often overrated around here with people calling him "the greatest player in the league" While there's guys in the league who have won multiple MVPs and have won multiple Super Bowls. I think the national consensus that he's int he top 2-3 QBs is much more reasonable and I wouldn't call that overrated, but the mistakes he's called out for here are undoubtedly true, and they're the primary reason he doesn't have at least one MVP or a SB ring.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/josh-allen-2021-playoff-stats

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I strongly disagree, Allen's mistakes are not the "primary reason he doesn't have at least one MVP or a SB ring". 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I am firmly in the “Josh Allen is a top 3 QB” camp. 

But I also believe that he could be closer to the best in the NFL if he could keep his head on for an entire season. 

I think he lacks maturity and mental strength. My only knocks on him since day one. 

That level of maturity and mental toughness is what separates Mahomes from Allen. 

Mahomes matured more quickly than Allen. 

Hence the rings. 

Disagree strongly.

How do you explain Mahomes lack of maturity when Tony’s big foot went over the line?

You are deducing that because Allen has a funny and playful personality that it means he is not mature or doesn’t work hard. Like the two traits can’t co-exist. 

Mental toughness? Is not throwing two go ahead scores in the final two minutes of a divisional road playoff game in which your team was trailing most the game not exhibit A of mental toughness? 

Making the necessary plays down the stretch in the final game of the season on the road  against a division rival to take the division crown after throwing a costly interception earlier in the first half = mental toughness.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Josh’s performance record in the clutch and playoffs contradicts your assertions he lacks mental toughness and maturity.

The truth is he is 3 or 4 plays away from having had a chance to get those same rings.

Like it or not, luck is a big part of success and Mahomes has had all of it.

I hear this bolded part a lot and it doesn’t make sense to me. We’ve been to the AFCCG once and got blown out. We’ve lost in three straight divisional rounds. We haven’t even been in position to play for rings with Allen. Of all fanbases ours should know that even playing in multiple Super Bowls does not guarantee rings. So how is it that Allen is 3 or 4 plays from rings?

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I strongly disagree, Allen's mistakes are not the "primary reason he doesn't have at least one MVP or a SB ring". 

Josh Allen doesn’t come in second in total TO’s last year and I think he wins MVP going away tbh. 

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I hear this bolded part a lot and it doesn’t make sense to me. We’ve been to the AFCCG once and got blown out. We’ve lost in three straight divisional rounds. We haven’t even been in position to play for rings with Allen. Of all fanbases ours should know that even playing in multiple Super Bowls does not guarantee rings. So how is it that Allen is 3 or 4 plays from rings?

Correct.

By this logic, Phillip Rivers is also 3 to 4 plays away from being a multiple SB champion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

The only reason Mahomes has rings and Allen doesn't, is Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo. Meanwhile our defensive HC would give up 20 points to a peewee football team in the playoffs. 

That excuse isn't going to work for Allen any better than it worked for Marino.

I wouldn't call that the only reason.  Mahomes is a great QB.  If he retired today, he'd be widely considered a top 5 guy All-Time.  Patrick has proven to have the ability to adapt to what a defense gives him.  From slinging the ball all over the field for 5,000 yards and 50 TDs, to dinking and dunking.  He just gets the job done.

They put the stats up of he and Mahomes over the past 4 seasons and the 21 additional turnovers for Allen is jarring.  

Allen is still great and likely a future Hall of Famer.  He's still got time to collect a couple of rings and MVPs.  

Edited by Chicken Boo