Anonymous NFL Exec: "Josh Allen is one of the more overrated players in the NFL"

I am surprised I had not heard about this from a few days ago and I don't see it on the main page, so not sure if its been shared here.  To call him not only overrated, but one of the MORE overrated players in the NFL goes beyond stupid.  

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/7/15/24199160/nfl-exec-considers-bills-qb-josh-allen-overrated-despite-espn-top-3-rank

“One of the more overrated players in the NFL,” a veteran NFL executive said. “Immense talent but he makes a lot of mistakes. He’s underdeveloped at winning at the line of scrimmage, tends to lock on to targets, more of a thrower than precision passer, forces throws into traffic.”

You want to have some critiques...fair, all players have things they can improve.  But the overrated nonsense is comically stupid...which is why they were too much of a wuss to put their name on it. 

I love it though...just more fuel for the beast Josh Allen!

Almost everyone in sports media came to his defense (except Nick Wright who I wont even bother to post here).  Here are just a few of those clips where they talked about what an absurd statement this is:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Even if all those things are true, at the end of the day it is about results. Allen has proven both on the stat sheet and win/loss column that he is undoubtably a top 3 QB in the league. You don't play at a top 3 QB level for four straight seasons by accident. 

Underdeveloped at the line of scrimmage. Umm okay, we know he isn't Brady or Peyton at the line. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I don't put much value in anonymous comments.

Intentionally or unintentionally hilarious?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Even if all those things are true, at the end of the day it is about results. Allen has proven both on the stat sheet and win/loss column that he is undoubtably a top 3 QB in the league. You don't play at a top 3 QB level for four straight seasons by accident. 

Underdeveloped at the line of scrimmage. Umm okay, we know he isn't Brady or Peyton at the line. 

The LOS doesn't jive either...Allen I believe was the least sacked QB last year...not because we have the most dominant line in the NFL, but because Allen is elite at identifying where the pressure is coming from and escaping it and exploiting it.  So he can't be that "underdeveloped at the line" lol.  I think that is a lazy take because it is assumed due to the turnovers.  

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t think he’s overrated, per se … but none of this (below) is incorrect. 

Josh Allen has been Josh Allen’s biggest enemy. I don’t think that can be denied. 

Immense talent but he makes a lot of mistakes. He’s underdeveloped at winning at the line of scrimmage, tends to lock on to targets, more of a thrower than precision passer, forces throws into traffic.”

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

It’s probably a guy who had Baker, Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson ranked higher in the 2018 draft and will die on that hill.

The only QB in the NFL more GMs would take over Josh is Mahomes.  That’s it.

”NFL Exec” could mean some dude who shines the GM’s shoes, for all we know.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don’t think he’s overrated, per se … but none of this (below) is incorrect. 

Josh Allen has been Josh Allen’s biggest enemy. I don’t think that can be denied. 

Immense talent but he makes a lot of mistakes. He’s underdeveloped at winning at the line of scrimmage, tends to lock on to targets, more of a thrower than precision passer, forces throws into traffic.”

Serious question:  how many DCs are licking their chops going up against Allen because of all the mistakes he makes?

Everybody can get better.  These comments are stupid.  There are multiple film breakdowns of Allen manipulating defenses at the LOS.  This guy sounds like someone who believes the QB position should be played only the way Brady played it.  He probably loves Brock Purdy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

39 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s probably a guy who had Baker, Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson ranked higher in the 2018 draft and will die on that hill.

The only QB in the NFL more GMs would take over Josh is Mahomes.  That’s it.

”NFL Exec” could mean some dude who shines the GM’s shoes, for all we know.

Serious question:  how many DCs are licking their chops going up against Allen because of all the mistakes he makes?

Everybody can get better.  These comments are stupid.  There are multiple film breakdowns of Allen manipulating defenses at the LOS.  This guy sounds like someone who believes the QB position should be played only the way Brady played it.  He probably loves Brock Purdy.

I am firmly in the “Josh Allen is a top 3 QB” camp. 

But I also believe that he could be closer to the best in the NFL if he could keep his head on for an entire season. 

I think he lacks maturity and mental strength. My only knocks on him since day one. 

That level of maturity and mental toughness is what separates Mahomes from Allen. 

Mahomes matured more quickly than Allen. 

Hence the rings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

But I also believe that he could be closer to the best in the NFL if he could keep his head on for an entire season. 

I think he lacks maturity and mental strength. My only knocks on him since day one. 

That level of maturity and mental toughness is what separates Mahomes from Allen. 

Hence the rings. 

I think he had lacked a HC that could keep his **** together for even 13 seconds. And hold a lead when Allen give him one the last time Allen was on the field.

Allen is this Generations Elway/ Manning,but more talent and better stats. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am surprised I had not heard about this from a few days ago and I don't see it on the main page, so not sure if its been shared here.  To call him not only overrated, but one of the MORE overrated players in the NFL goes beyond stupid.  

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/7/15/24199160/nfl-exec-considers-bills-qb-josh-allen-overrated-despite-espn-top-3-rank

“One of the more overrated players in the NFL,” a veteran NFL executive said. “Immense talent but he makes a lot of mistakes. He’s underdeveloped at winning at the line of scrimmage, tends to lock on to targets, more of a thrower than precision passer, forces throws into traffic.”

You want to have some critiques...fair, all players have things they can improve.  But the overrated nonsense is comically stupid...which is why they were too much of a wuss to put their name on it. 

I love it though...just more fuel for the beast Josh Allen!

Almost everyone in sports media came to his defense (except Nick Wright who I wont even bother to post here).  Here are just a few of those clips where they talked about what an absurd statement this is:

Orlovsky is 🎯🎯 as usual 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

The Exec should be fired. If I owned an NFL team, I wouldn't want whom ever said that near my team. 

Sure as heck not scouting QB's for the draft.  Personally I think this "executive " is with the Jets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Hence the rings. 

The only reason Mahomes has rings and Allen doesn't, is Andy Reid and Steve Spagnuolo. Meanwhile our defensive HC would give up 20 points to a peewee football team in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2