RIP Bob Newhart

OUCH! This one hurts. Not only was he great on TV, but my parents had some albums he did that I loved as a kid. It was my introduction to comedy. I am eternally grateful. 

RIP

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

He was in rarified air in that he had the #1 album on the top of Billboard pop charts.

I saw him in Melody Fair over 30 yrs. ago. He was funnier than I expected.

His numerous TV work speaks for itself. He is a comedic legend. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I watched the Bob Newhart show growing up and remember Mr. Carlin being a favorite character. Then in college I heard about the 'Hi Bob' drinking game. I've heard countless variations since.  Our hockey variation was 'bowls for goals'.  We joked about 'shots for shots' but that was a non-starter.  Fast forward to having kids and Bob showed up in Elf and then the boys got older and he showed up in Big Bang Theory. Last year they were telling me about Super Bpwl drinking games centered around camera shots of Taylor Swift  and I explained that from my perspective it all started with 'Hi Bob'.  Good times. 

• Like (+1) 3

Remember the Saturday night lineup with MASH, Mary Tyler Moore Show, All in the Family, Bob Newhart Show, Carol Burnett.  

Did people stay home more on Saturday nights in the 70s?  Nowadays, Saturday night is a TV wasteland.

On Carson, he and Rickles use to talk about their vacations overseas together with their wives...hilarious TV.