What’s Your Most Memorable Bills Game?

Home Opener against NE  31-0  Takeo Spikes 2 INT's in first game as a Bill.  Sam Adams INT rumble for TD.   Tom Brady humiliated one of the few times in his career 

Beautiful sunny day and that place was LOUD

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3

On 7/20/2024 at 12:44 PM, Beast said:

It wasn’t a win…it was a loss.

1979 opening day against Miami. Dempsey shanks a 34 yarder as time expires that would have ended the streak.

Monsoon like conditions.

In 1973, week 4, while with the Eagles, Dempsey shanked a kick that would have given Philly the win at Rich.  Six years later, history repeated itself, but in a bad way.

49 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Home Opener against NE  31-0  Takeo Spikes 2 INT's in first game as a Bill.  Sam Adams INT rumble for TD.   Tom Brady humiliated one of the few times in his career 

Wife and I were in Warwick Rhode Island scouting for apartments as we were about to move there. 

Found a place called Smokey Bones BBQ to watch the game. All Patriot fans & I mean all Patriot fans. I had no Bills gear on. It was over from the kickoff & I had to squelch all my happiness so I wouldn't get my a**  kicked.

Quietest pleasure I've ever had during a sports game. The place was dead quiet literally the whole game. Surreal to be surrounded by so many people who had nothing they could say or do. It was just a beat down! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Super bowl 25 !! I had no doubt that the Bills were bringing home a Lombardy not a doubt 1 in my mind It was the best Super Bowl ever except for the ending but the only SB that ended with the score that close . Even though the Bills lost still what a memory ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The most memorable game I attended was memorable for all the wrong reasons.  Buffalo was playing at home versus the Jets in the early 80s on a Monday night.  Buffalo was awful.  The fans in the stands lost patience.  There were full cups of beer flying through the air all over the stadium leaving spiraling drops of beer in their wake.  Fights were breaking out everywhere and the stadium security was overwhelmed.  The most memorable game I saw on TV was the comeback with Frank Reich at the helm of an injured Jim Kelly. 

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I wasn't at the stadium for that one but that was such an awesome game.  At the time I thought that Bills team was going to be special.  I think this game sometimes gets forgotten about in Bills lore because of how that team/season ended up but as a one-off that is definitely one of the greatest openers in Bills history 

On 7/20/2024 at 5:05 PM, klos63 said:

At New Orleans in 1992.

Saints had a dynamic defense,  playing at home,  one of the toughest matchups we had during the era. 

We won 20-16, in a real battle.

Going into the game, it was one of the few times I didn't think we were going to win. Ballsy performance. 

Beating the Chiefs in the AFC Championship,  Thurman's finest hour,  in my opinion.  He was special that day. 

I remember that game.  Such a huge late season win at a tough team.  Many had counted us out as we had been sloppy that year.  And then just a week later we'd get crushed at Houston in the season finale.  And a week after that, in the playoffs, we'd get crushed by Houston again...for 30 minutes, and then history.  What a crazy 3 week run in a crazy up and down season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:59 AM, LewPort71 said:

Jan 20, 1991.   The Bills crush the Raiders 51-3 and clinched the Super Bowl berth.  Mrs. Lew and I were in Las Vegas and I watched the game at the Caesar's sports book with a LARGE crowd of Raiders fans in attendance.  I met some great Bills fans from Rochester and by half time we had the place to ourselves.  Mrs. Lew won a large slot machine jackpot and we feasted in a very $$$ restaurant on the Strip.  Great times.

Same for me.  They destroyed the Raiders on the way to their first Super Bowl.