What’s Your Most Memorable Bills Game?

I already posted about SBXXV. The week before against the Raiders was equally intense. 

After all the horrible teams, and all the horrible seasons, they finally made it to the SB. I believe it was Van who stated: "It took 25 years to get there, and they did it in championship style." No doubt Van.

I remember just aimlessly walking around the concourse of the upper deck at halftime, just reeling in the reality that the Bills would be playing in the SB. The party in the lot after and all over WNY all night, was one not to be believed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - November 24th, 1996 - Bills 35, Jest 10

Jim Kelly once said that no one could cover Steve Tasker as a wide receiver and he proved it that day. 

Steve Tasker had the most productive offensive game of his career as a Wide Receiver as he racked up 160 yards on 6 catches with 2 touchdowns vs. NJ Jets. His 160 yards receiving vs. Jets was 8 more yards than he recorded in his first 10 seasons in the league. 

Unfortunately his kamikaze catches made him a target for the Jets' back-field and he injured his knee in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/18/2024 at 9:59 AM, oldmanfan said:

1974 season opener.  Monday night football, Bills vs. Raiders.  Still the most exciting game I've even seen.

I was there.  The Ahmed Rashad game, right?

12 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills - November 24th, 1996 - Bills 35, Jest 10

Jim Kelly once said that no one could cover Steve Tasker as a wide receiver and he proved it that day. 

Steve Tasker had the most productive offensive game of his career as a Wide Receiver as he racked up 160 yards on 6 catches with 2 touchdowns vs. NJ Jets. His 160 yards receiving vs. Jets was 8 more yards than he recorded in his first 10 seasons in the league. 

Unfortunately his kamikaze catches made him a target for the Jets' back-field and he injured his knee in the game.

Tasker was just such a complete football player. He also brought a passion and guts that helped make up for any size deficiency—and you’re right, even in the swan song of his career showed that the Bills could’ve utilized him in multiple game phases much earlier. A real joy to watch play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

It wasn’t a win…it was a loss.

1979 opening day against Miami. Dempsey shanks a 34 yarder as time expires that would have ended the streak.

Monsoon like conditions.

• Sad 1

Probably a signed Eric Moulds rookie card or a signed Thurman Thomas jersey, can't decide.

Also have a Marv Levy HOF commemoration football that's signed. Pretty sure these were all just given as gifts to me, but I love them all!

At New Orleans in 1992.

Saints had a dynamic defense,  playing at home,  one of the toughest matchups we had during the era. 

We won 20-16, in a real battle.

Going into the game, it was one of the few times I didn't think we were going to win. Ballsy performance. 

Beating the Chiefs in the AFC Championship,  Thurman's finest hour,  in my opinion.  He was special that day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• BuffaloBill changed the title to What’s Your Most Memorable Bills Game?

I'll go with my default answer.  "The Comeback" against the Oilers in the Wild Card game. My dad & I and a stripper (and her nephew) went to that game.  We were sitting on the visitor side near the scoreboard end zone so we got to see most of the scoring up close.

Was not there, but the 63 regular season game against the Pats when  Charlie Ferguson caught a TD pass from Jack Kemp with 28 seconds left to beat them.. As a kid, listening to Van Miller on the radio, was just unforgetable.. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Was not there, but the 63 regular season game against the Pats when  Charlie Ferguson caught a TD pass from Jack Kemp with 28 seconds left to beat them.. As a kid, listening to Van Miller on the radio, was just unforgetable.. 

wow, I listened to that game, Van was unreal!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2024 at 11:44 AM, Beast said:

It wasn’t a win…it was a loss.

1979 opening day against Miami. Dempsey shanks a 34 yarder as time expires that would have ended the streak.

Monsoon like conditions.

Was at that game, Bills defense kept Miami in check all day, the miss was a killer 

On 7/18/2024 at 10:30 PM, MarkyMannn said:

This is the one. Miami had owned the Bills forever.  This game looked lost too.  Great drama. I was on my knees a foot from the TV for that last play

Why are people picking losses.  Forget those

My daughter bought me a Jim Kelly statue with the recording of Van Miller calling the last second TD!

• Like (+1) 1

51-3.  NE playoff win was

good too. 

21 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I'll go with my default answer.  "The Comeback" against the Oilers in the Wild Card game. My dad & I and a stripper (and her nephew) went to that game.  We were sitting on the visitor side near the scoreboard end zone so we got to see most of the scoring up close.

Also a great memory.  Kind of a misty day.  Amazing atmosphere. 

• Agree 1

My first road game.  Buffalo at Carolina October 25,2009. The person that is responsible for me becoming a Bills fan too wanted me to learn how to really tailgate. I am fortunate to have learned from her as well as Kenny "Pinto Ron" Johnson.  The Bills won too. It was surreal walking down the many ramps chanting " Let's go Buffalo " on our way back to the tailgate.

On 7/19/2024 at 8:53 PM, bigK14094 said:

I was there.  The Ahmed Rashad game, right?

I was young but I remember it was on MNF and the Raiders at that point almost never lost on MNF, I remember the highlights of Bubby Braxton crying on the sidelines after he fumbled.