What’s Your Most Memorable Bills Game?

14 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

1. Bills vs Miami, Kelly wins diving into the end zone at the End of the game

This is the one. Miami had owned the Bills forever.  This game looked lost too.  Great drama. I was on my knees a foot from the TV for that last play

Why are people picking losses.  Forget those

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

1974 season opener.  Monday night football, Bills vs. Raiders.  Still the most exciting game I've even seen.

One of mine as well. If I recall it was only the second time the Bills had played on MNF and the Opener to boot. Not exactly sure why but the stadium atmosphere was nothing short of amazing that night. Great choice! 

• Like (+1) 1

The AFC Championship were the Bills won 51 - 3 against the Raiders. Traveled with my father and a friend from D.C when I was about 16. Bought scalped tickets and went with my cousin who is like a brother. Right from the start it was over for the Raiders and that stadium was so loud. I have so many memories but that was the best. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A others have stated, The Comeback against Warren Moon and the Oilers is obvious. We almost left, but something told us to stay. I also remember my first live Bills game. My brother took me. I think it was 1968 at the Rockpile (War Memorial Stadium) against the Broncos in a blizzard. We were in the end zone with the scoreboard and you could not see the scoreboard!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ive got 2 games.....

* the no punt slugfest game against SanFran at Candlestick (early 90's)......that game was back and forth, with absolutely no D in sight on both sides

* Monday night game (early 90's), the Bills against the Rams.......Bills were down with only seconds to go, Reed makes a catch and actually carries a defender on his back to the goal line, setting up the game winning score for the Bills to win

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Flutiemania saved the Bills in Buffalo. Lease was done after 98, the population was dwindling, club seats weren't being sold, season tickets weren't being renewed….then RoboSack got benched and Flutie saved the team. 

I don't think this is hyperbole here...I certainly remember the angst about signing a new lease.  Ralph, who is cheap BTW, wasn't throwing bombs about moving the team but there was a certain uneasiness about the franchise.  There was a lot of political wrangling on all levels, federal, state, local, to get the lease signed.  I remember the late great Tim Russert talking about going to visit with Sen. Chuck Schumer in DC as a "Son of Buffalo" in support of a new lease.  It was certainly a tumultuous process, that thankfully, got done.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

This is the one. Miami had owned the Bills forever.  This game looked lost too.  Great drama. I was on my knees a foot from the TV for that last play

Yes it did!  Went biking in the neighborhood at one point.  Made it to my friend's house, saw what was going on and got to see that epic last second dive for the TD

It was awesome

I included losses.  As a bills fan, we can't hide from them, and they have left a lasting impression

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, stevewin said:

51-3.  Never experienced anything like it - just a big party by halftime - people screaming "We're going to the Super Bowl!" to each other in giddy disbelief.  After all the years of suffering the unthinkable was actually happening.  It was like a dream.  Just an unbelievable experience

Agreed, halftime of that AFC championship game was the best part of the day...it was the happiest 20 minutes of being a Bills fan.  The concourse was a huge, drunken party...and it couldn't have been any better any other way.

Remember, we had gone to war only a few days before, so the country was on edge.  But the game provided a three hour release from the madness and when the West Point marching band left the field after the playing the national anthem, you knew there was no way the crowd would let the Bills lose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Ive got 2 games.....

* the no punt slugfest game against SanFran at Candlestick (early 90's)......that game was back and forth, with absolutely no D in sight on both sides

* Monday night game (early 90's), the Bills against the Rams.......Bills were down with only seconds to go, Reed makes a catch and actually carries a defender on his back to the goal line, setting up the game winning score for the Bills to win

Actually that is not true. There were no punts but each defense forced three turnovers. Kelly and Young each threw an INT. Bills forced three fumbles recovering two and 49ers forced and recovered two fumbles.

after 50 years of being a fan I gotta do more than 1. 

4. Bills Raiders Pre Season game in 1973 2nd game after the stadium opened was 6 went with my Dad and Uncles

3. 1988 Bills Jets to win the AFC East I was part of the goal post crew

2. Comeback Game

1. 51-3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills-Oilers playoff game and the greatest comeback in NFL history 

2nd place to the Bills-Raiders AFC championship 51-3 

We should do a worst game thread too. I've got many contenders sine I am older and started going to games in the early 70's

• Like (+1) 1

So many to choose from but I'm going to mention a couple not mentioned yet.

First was breaking Marino TD streak. When Strock came off the bench to relieve Marino the crowd knew exactly what they were seeing!

Bills v Broncos 1987 Corenlius Bennett's first game.

I was at the game.

The crowd went crazy when Biscuit entered the game.  First play he chased Elway out of the pocket. Later in the game they lined up Bennett behind Bruce and Elway saw it and called TO.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Actually that is not true. There were no punts but each defense forced three turnovers. Kelly and Young each threw an INT. Bills forced three fumbles recovering two and 49ers forced and recovered two fumbles.

You never let me down!

5 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Agreed, halftime of that AFC championship game was the best part of the day...it was the happiest 20 minutes of being a Bills fan.  The concourse was a huge, drunken party...and it couldn't have been any better any other way.

Remember, we had gone to war only a few days before, so the country was on edge.  But the game provided a three hour release from the madness and when the West Point marching band left the field after the playing the national anthem, you knew there was no way the crowd would let the Bills lose.

I watched the game from Saudi Arabia, as the first half came to an end no one could believe the score!

18 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

I've told this a couple of times here, but for the newbies. My buddy and I flew from NY to this game, seats in that end zone. Some of the Buffalo Jills traveled to that game and were sitting behind us. 

When Kelly scored everyone was jumping around, screaming hugging everybody. Not too many guys can say they hugged more than a few Jills, I am one 😀

• Like (+1) 3