The Perfect Game.

Nyheim Hines. 

XXV.

Those are my top six. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, PonyBoy said:

Actually, they beat the Steelers that next week on the road. But you're right about 7 straight after that, doesn't seem like that many in a row. 

I think you're reversing it--they beat the Steelers on the road the week after the Houston Comeback game, then went on the road to Miami, which was also Jim Kelly's first game back from injury after 2 playoff games being out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Same for me for the Comeback! I was in the car with my mom and sister, who aren't sports fans whatsoever, and I kept insisting on keeping the game on, in a state of disbelief of what was happening. After we got back to our house, I had to wait in the driveway with the car running until a commercial break before running in to catch the rest of it. It was CBS' Westwood One's call of the game, not sure who the announcer crew was that day, but the play by play calling was awesome!!!  

That's awesome!  Yes it was!

My folks were at the game. Since it was blacked out, we couldn't watch it on TV.  I was in the garage listening. What a range of emotions that day.  I couldn't wait to watch the highlights on sports center after listening 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think you're reversing it--they beat the Steelers on the road the week after the Houston Comeback game, then went on the road to Miami, which was also Jim Kelly's first game back from injury after 2 playoff games being out. 

You sir are correct, my bad!

Offset The Hype GIF by Max

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

That's awesome!  Yes it was!

My folks were at the game. Since it was blacked out, we couldn't watch it on TV.  I was in the garage listening. What a range of emotions that day.  I couldn't wait to watch the highlights on sports center after listening 

There are snippets from the announcer's play calls I still vividly remember all these years later, including his tone/voice emphasis--such as at one point stating in shock during the 2nd half, after rattling off the stat line (which would've been a good day if prorated over the course of an entire game) what Frank Reich's stats were, "IN THIS HALF..."  🤩

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Fitzmagic comeback against the Patriots in 2011.  Going down 3 TDs early it looked like another drubbing was on its way as Brady and Belichick continued their dominance at the Ralph.  Kicking the winning field goal at the 1 with no time left on the clock after a clutch drive was about as sweet as it gets.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PonyBoy said:

You sir are correct, my bad!

Offset The Hype GIF by Max

I only remember that particular stretch so vividly because I was watching the Steeler game at a friend's house who was giving me so much grief about how Greg Lloyd would chew up Reich and the rest of the Bills O, and, well...it was Neil O Donnell who ended up getting the turf in his face all day, ha ha!!  

My most memorable game, at home against Miami 2018. I took my 80 yr. old father, his first game in 40 years. Sat in the clubs, figuring he’d be able to see without having to stand much. Wrong!

Was in 3rd row. Four in front of us, younger, feeling it, up and down, often standing for consecutive plays. I wasn’t the only annoyed in the area.

Asked them if they could sit down some, referencing towards my father as I asked. Got a look like “seriously”. They did tone it down a bit. But, the glances over their shoulders, muttering between them, made it clear they were quite annoyed. 

Then the 3rd quarter starts, Bills go off romping to a big lead. That was it, the were up constantly, looking back as if to say sorry, too bad for you. We left before the quarter ended.

I haven’t been back, though that’s not the sole reason. 

• Eyeroll 2

49 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Actually, they beat the Steelers that next week on the road. But you're right about 7 straight after that, doesn't seem like that many in a row. 

They beat the Steelers with Frank Reich in the AFCD, then they beat the Dolphins the next week in the AFCCG, with the controversial return of Jim Kelly.

Haven’t won a road playoff game since.

Game I've been to? The Bills v Colts snow game...nothing will ever top that atmosphere.

Game I've watched? Bills win vs Cowboys on Turkey day...That was my "Allen is amazing and the Bills are finally great" moment.

Many inbetween

I am just going to post based on games I went to live because TV I have too many fun memories, here is my top 5

1. Snowbowl in 2017. We were front row the entire game, wildest experience of my life at a Bills game

2. Packers 2014. I have said many times it felt like the start of the change for the Bills fortunes from drought back to relevance. To this date loudest gate I have been to, my ears hurt the next day it got so intense by the end.

3. Steelers 2022. I hate Pittsburgh (respect but hate) and to throttle them at home the way they did was just so much fun. The game wasn't in doubt from the moment Allen threw a 98 yard TD on. Having a franchise torch them made the drought feel worth it.

4. 2011 Raiders. I was at that comeback and it is forgotten about with how wild and fun it was.

5. 2022 Dolphins playoff game. First playoff game I got to see for the Bills ever and it meant a lot after all the bad years and never thinking it would happen.

Most memorable? 13 seconds. Second place is the 4th and 1 home loss to KC in 2014 under Marrone. A game we dominated, should have won and instead lost which had we won would probably have meant the drought ended 3 years sooner. 

I remember the heartbreaking losses more than the wins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

1974 season opener.  Monday night football, Bills vs. Raiders.  Still the most exciting game I've even seen.

That one's up there for sure...recall though that the game was blacked out in WNY, due to not selling out before the 72 hour deadline.  I remember listening to the call on the radio.  Believe it was during the short time when Van wasn't on the radio, it was Al Meltzer and Rick Azar.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

My first ever Bills game I attended. Bills vs Jacksonville when Flutie ran it in for the game winning TD w/ 16 seconds left. I was hooked ever since and why I will always have love for Doug Flutie. I have never heard a stadium get as loud as it did on that day. 

Remember hearing Flutie say that the play was supposed to be a handoff to Thurman, but they got their signals crossed.  Good thing, because as the video shows, Thurman was stacked up at the line on 4th down. 

I mean there is quite a few…to name some:

Wide right

The Comeback

Music City Miracle

13 Seconds

I mean I think 13 seconds is the one I remember the most often today because it’s so fresh in the mind.

But the game that stood out for me the most as my fondest memory has to be the 2021 home opener against the Steelers because it was my first and only game I got to attend in Buffalo. We lost but didn’t change the experience for me.  

In fact the loss was kind of poetic in a couple ways.  One, fitting my first game in Buffalo I get a taste of what the most loyal fans dealt with for 17 years…losing, like an initiation.  But also, I had a patch on my Josh Allen jersey that was Steelers colors with a capital B in the middle.  It symbolized a dear friend Brian who died from Covid a few months earlier in June who was a die hard Steelers fan.  He was as big of a fan of them as I am of the Bills.  So felt like he deserved this one and was good with the outcome.  I even buried another patch there in Buffalo for him.  

And overall it was just an amazing trip, my wife fell in love with Buffalo, Niagra, etc.  Even as a die hard Niners fan living in CA, she immediately wanted to make the Bills home opener an annual family tradition for us and our kids we had planned on having and now have one at 14 months and number 2 due in October.  

Getting to meet some of the people here in person like @Augieand tailgate before the game was just awesome too.  Best time her and I ever had at a football game.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

He was never successful at anything at the NFL level except dividing locker rooms. 

Everything he did on the field - and off of it - sucked. 

Flutiemania saved the Bills in Buffalo. Lease was done after 98, the population was dwindling, club seats weren't being sold, season tickets weren't being renewed….then RoboSack got benched and Flutie saved the team. 

But to stay relevant to the topic. Death of a Patriot game, I was born in 1985 so this was the first home playoff game I could attend as an adult & what an ass whooping we put on those clowns

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1