NFL refused to allow Caleb Williams tax moves

1 minute ago, Frostbite said:

That is correct. Would love to see their returns. Most states give a credit for taxes paid to other state jurisdictions to prevent double taxation. At the end of the day, each player is likely only paying in whatever their home state tax is (unless it's a very low rate or no tax like FL/TX/TN).

I dont think this is correct. The Jock Taxes are entirely separate from my understanding 

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is that true? Are you sure? I know it didn’t work that way when I traveled for business. 

It is true.  For business travelers it depends on how long you are residing in a state when traveling whether you need to pay state taxes. Was informed by my company to be careful when I was working in California for I was staying in California between two work periods on vacation rather than returning home.

https://www.concur.com/blog/article/what-are-state-tax-implications-traveling-employees

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

When playing on the road,  NFL players have to pay state tax in those states thaf have it .  So they don’t get a completely free lunch playing for a team in no tax state.

SO that means the Dolphins and the Pats have to pay NYS taxes twice a year once when they play in Buffalo and once when they play in New.... Oh wait.... LOL 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

That is correct. Would love to see their returns. Most states give a credit for taxes paid to other state jurisdictions to prevent double taxation. At the end of the day, each player is likely only paying in whatever their home state tax is (unless it's a very low rate or no tax like FL/TX/TN).

This guy was a punter in the NFL/USFL and did a breakdown on his paycheck recently. Worth a watch as I found it pretty interesting https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8kNnNZxOga/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Whereas you attempt to pay as much tax as possible each year? 

I pay my share. And this kid will make more this year than I'll make working my entire lifetime.

Let me be clear:

I fully support these players milking every dollar they can from the trillion dollar NFL which makes it money off fans

And then I fully expect these millionaires (and billionaire owners) to pay their fair share into the infrastructure and services that benefit us all

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I pay my share. And this kid will make more this year than I'll make working my entire lifetime.

Let me be clear:

I fully support these players milking every dollar they can from the trillion dollar NFL which makes it money off fans

And then I fully expect these millionaires (and billionaire owners) to pay their fair share into the infrastructure and services that benefit us all

Oh stop. They are no different than you and I and everyone else They pay the taxes dictated by the tax code. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh stop. They are no different than you and I and everyone else They pay the taxes dictated by the tax code. 

As they should. Not trying to create LLCs and shirk the rules just because they can pay lawyers.

Anything else, take it to PPP.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

IMO, if you aren’t paying taxes your shouldn’t be allowed to use any infrastructure in this country,

roads, airports, access to clean water,  police, firefighters, schools, etc etc, pay your share or hit the road,

Uh, like 40 to 45% of people don't pay income taxes. And it isn't the rich. It is the poor. They get so much back in returns that it is as if they paid no taxes. Surely, you know this. It is common knowledge.

12 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

And it has to last them the rest of their lives. 

Why does it have to last them the rest of their lives? They can work after football.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Uh, like 40 to 45% of people don't pay income taxes. And it isn't the rich. It is the poor. They get so much back in returns that it is as if they paid no taxes. Surely, you know this. It is common knowledge.

As it should be, and exactly why millionaires should pay their taxes. Otherwise, those millionaires are putting the entire burden on us, the middle class.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, JP51 said:

SO that means the Dolphins and the Pats have to pay NYS taxes once twice a year once when they play in Buffalo and once in New Jersey when they play in New Jersey.... 

FIFA...yep the Jets are in Jersey...oooooooooooh what a big deal

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As it should be, and exactly why millionaires should pay their taxes. Otherwise, those millionaires are putting the entire burden on us, the middle class.

They do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Those people earning under $30k a year need to start pulling their weight. Also, children.  Why should those little bed wetters get a free pass? And don't even get me started on old people and the disabled.

• Haha (+1) 7

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Those people earning under $30k a year need to start pulling their weight. Also, children.  Why should those little bed wetters get a free pass? And don't even get me started on old people and the disabled.

If Star Trek has a follow up to Voyager episode "False Profits" you would be perfect candidate to be a new sage.

33 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I never said they should. The comment said anyone not paying taxes shouldn't get to use any kind of infrastructure or anything funded by taxes. Well, that's about half the population. More, actually.

It is 45% of households. We're not talking about children. Also, it would be household income of about $65k and less.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

Good on the kid for trying. Sounds like he had some viable ideas and the NFL just slammed the door shut. 

Probably afraid it would work and be copied by others. Wouldn’t be surprised if access to player income tax revenue is a part of the negotiations with state/local government. 

But I’m just some random with no special tax knowledge. 🤷‍♂️

He, and his dad esp,are POS.  

• Like (+1) 1

Can't blame the kid for trying.   Can blame the lawyers and politicians who setup the rules to allow him to try. 

This is the new way of thinking.  People don't see themselves as an individual they see themselves as an entity.    They arent humans, they are brands.