Do you prefer to watch the Bills game live at a stadium or on your TV?

What format do you prefer to see games in?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather:

• See the game on TV in the comfort of my own home.
    • Attend the game live at the stadium
    • Something else

If money wasn’t an object, I’d expect most to choose the stadium experience. Just like everyone would go to Las Vegas every weekend if they could. 

It’s all a value equation that I’m shocked that the average Joe can afford in these times of hyper inflation. 

• Agree 2

Ok so I did vote from TV, BUT in a perfect world where tailgating and leaving the stadium are easy and I'm home at 4:30pm or right after game ends I would pick live. There is something truly special about the game live in Buffalo and the environment. I also have found live I get less upset then on TV as without the announcers it is far more just an experience vs being narrated.

In a non perfect world I do 3-4 regular season games and preseason. The rest is a lot of family football parties with maybe 3-4 games quiet. The parties a ton of fun and a great experience in a different way.

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Wait a minute 30 is considered old now? ;)

I hear ya though and agree with the sentiment.  I turn 40 the last year of the current stadium.  I think that's going to be the perfect time to drop out of having season tickets.

Wait a minute 40 is considered old now?  😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I watch the majority of games at home and love the Sunday NFL gameday experience.

That said, nothing beats being there live. The anticipation and fun of tailgating on a beautiful fall day, the spectacle of 70,000+ screaming members of Bills Mafia, the feeling (and crowd noise) when a player breaks a long touchdown or makes a big 4th down stop, the way it feels to make the long walk out of the stadium after a big win...there's nothing like it.

I love both, but if I can only pick one -- particularly if you remove all the travel and other aspects and concentrate specifically on the "watching the game" part of the question in a vacuum -- it's being in the stadium.

This sums up my choice as well, however I want to add that when I watch at home, I am usually watching alone. I am too much a nervous wreck during the game that it makes watching with others difficult. Especially after moving to middle TN, there are some bills fans that are nearby and they want me to watch, but I just dont feel like they get into it the same way.

Being at the stadium I do not feel that way, as most people that go to the game are die hards and being loud is the point!

• Like (+1) 1

I'd buy seasons again if they put a dome up on the new stadium but I've been informed the stadium planning was completed by incompetent morons.  My body doesn't respond well to uncomfortable weather at my age.  I now just do a night game in September and a couple home games in late September through Halloween.  Will sell tickets if weather is bad.  The two home games I plan on attending this year are the Jags and Titans.  May buy Fish tickets the week of if weather is okay for early November.

29 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

This sums up my choice as well, however I want to add that when I watch at home, I am usually watching alone. I am too much a nervous wreck during the game that it makes watching with others difficult. Especially after moving to middle TN, there are some bills fans that are nearby and they want me to watch, but I just dont feel like they get into it the same way.

Being at the stadium I do not feel that way, as most people that go to the game are die hards and being loud is the point!

I agree with this.

People often want to treat hangouts to watch games on TV as a social engagement, and I'm far too into the game to be very social.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy to talk about the game as it's happening, but I have less than zero interest in talking about work, your recent trip to Paris, or your five-leg NBA parlay.

If I'm watching football, I'm WATCHING FOOTBALL. Other than some game-related commentary here on there, I have no interest in being Mr Social. Maybe this does help explain why I like the viewing experience from the stadium. Though, with as drunk as so many fans get for live games, there are certainly plenty of people there who aren't exactly in it for the football, too.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with this.

People often want to treat hangouts to watch games on TV as a social engagement, and I'm far too into the game to be very social.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy to talk about the game as it's happening, but I have less than zero interest in talking about work, your recent trip to Paris, or your five-leg NBA parlay.

If I'm watching football, I'm WATCHING FOOTBALL. Other than some game-related commentary here on there, I have no interest in being Mr Social. Maybe this does help explain why I like the viewing experience from the stadium. Though, with as drunk as so many fans get for live games, there are certainly plenty of people there who aren't exactly in it for the football, too.

This all day! Like, can you save that til after the game?? haha

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There is nothing like the stadium experience and you can’t duplicate it.  However, generally speaking you see the game  and action better on your TV at home.  Which vantage point do you prefer and why? 

I am personally torn because I love tailgating with friends, the energy of a live game and the people watching aspect of crazy fans.  However, I also like the comfort of my abode and the multitude of cameras on the action.  If given only one choice, I would have to say live at the stadium is more fun.

As many know, I live in CA not Buffalo, so I don't have the option of going to every home game.  So for me, when I do get to go to a game, whether it be to see the Bills in Buffalo or on the road here to play in CA, its just an incredible experience that can't be beat.  

But as great as games live are, I still do love watching from home.  My wife loves football too, so we love making some good food and chilling at the house where we have an 85" main TV and 2 side 42" TV's to the left of it so we can get multiple games on.  She is a die hard Niners fan (also supports the Bills when they aren't playing the Niners lol) so our rule is if both teams are playing at the same time, then whoever has the better game or more important game gets to go on the big TV lol.  Luckily  they don't conflict often with Bills usually the first slate of games (or primetime) and Niners usually the 2nd slate of games (or primetime).  

So when our games are on TV, we are usually home watching the games either with each other or with friends who stop by.  We just love being able to hear our games, the commentary, and just be more in tune with all the happenings of the game.  When only one of us (or neither of us) is playing on Sunday due to bye weeks or primetime games, we usually take those opportunities to mix it up and go watch one of the slates of games of either the morning or afternoon out at a local sports bar with friends.

So my two stadium experiences have been in London but I much prefer to watch on tv. It is actually much easier to see what is going on. I will come and see the Bills in Buffalo at some point (probably new stadium now) but my favourite way to consume the NFL is at home on tv.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

at the house where we have an 85" main TV and 2 side 42" TV's to the left of it so we can get multiple games on.  

Likewise my setup at home allows me to have multiple screens and multiple games on at once. In the slot the Bills are not in its usually redzone main tv two games. If the Bills are the main sky game over here it is them main tv, redzone and one other game. If the Bills are not the main sky game then it is them main tv and two other games because redzone is ahead of international gamepass by a down normally and I hate knowing we have scored before I have seen it. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So my two stadium experiences have been in London but I much prefer to watch on tv. It is actually much easier to see what is going on. I will come and see the Bills in Buffalo at some point (probably new stadium now) but my favourite way to consume the NFL is at home on tv.

Likewise my setup at home allows me to have multiple screens and multiple games on at once. In the slot the Bills are not in its usually redzone main tv two games. If the Bills are the main sky game over here it is them main tv, redzone and one other game. If the Bills are not the main sky game then it is them main tv and two other games because redzone is ahead of international gamepass by a down normally and I hate knowing we have scored before I have seen it. 

Interesting, I didn't think about the fact that oversees it would be different with Youtube having the rights now.  Kind of just assumed Europe would watch through the Youtube platform like we do.  

I actually have a similar issue with Redzone here.  I get Redzone through our cable provider Spectrum, but the NFL package comes through streaming over Youtube here in the US.  So sometimes if I have the Bills game on the main TV and then put Redzone on for one of the side TV's, the Redzone feed is a little ahead of the Main TV feed.  So when the Redzone switches into the Bills game it is usually a play or sometimes 2 or 3 plays ahead of where the Bills game is on my streaming feed.  It is so annoying, I hate having my small TV tip the plays ahead of time and will just put on another individual game instead of Redzone or one of the Youtube 4 game mix feeds.   

When it is only the Bills on (or Niners for my wife) for like a primetime game or playoff game, I will put the game on the big TV and one of the side TV's.  But I pause the side TV for like 5 seconds to make sure it is running behind the main TV and then it becomes like my own extra replay TV where I can just quickly see a play replay right after it happens haha.