Do you prefer to watch the Bills game live at a stadium or on your TV?

What format do you prefer to see games in?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather:

• See the game on TV in the comfort of my own home.
    • Attend the game live at the stadium
    • Something else

In an ideal world, I would see two games in the stadium every year and the rest on TV. As someone who lives hours from my nearest NFL stadium, it is a privilege to get to a stadium. I always love the stadium experience, so have enjoyed every game I have attended.

Since I'm out of state, for me watching a game in person is an expensive gamble.  I have to pay for airfare, hotel, rental car, and tickets.  If after all that, the Bills lose, I'm not happy.  I just wasted a lot of money.  

If the Bills win, of course, the math is different.  But you never know ahead of time.  

On the other hand, I always count my Sunday Ticket subscription as money well-spent.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

I want every game to be played at 1PM and I want to watch while in the comfort of my own home. NO MORE OF THESE NIGHT GAMES. As an old man I shake my fist at the NFL for interrupting my sleep schedule. Now get off my lawn.

Edited by ghostwriter

I haven't been to a Bills home game since 1981. And frankly as TV and audio technology have improved, I'm quite content watching games from the comfort of my La Z Boy recliner. (I don't recall tailgating being such a big thing back then.)  

When I first started dating my wife, her parents had season tickets. One day, they couldn't go and gave us their tickets.

When we got to our seats, about halfway up Section 134, I could scarcely believe it. The seats were great, high enough that you could see the plays develop, but not so far away that the players looked like ants. I just looked up to the heavens and said, "YES!"

But Murphy's Law kicked in, my wife and I moved to the Washington DC area after the following season, and not long after, my in-laws sold their tickets.

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It's not the same if it's not at the stadium. 

I agree, it’s not the “same”. They are both great, but different.  I enjoy both experiences, and for me a blend is best. 

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Since I'm out of state, for me watching a game in person is an expensive gamble.  I have to pay for airfare, hotel, rental car, and tickets.  If after all that, the Bills lose, I'm not happy.  I just wasted a lot of money.  

If the Bills win, of course, the math is different.  But you never know ahead of time.  

On the other hand, I always count my Sunday Ticket subscription as money well-spent.  

I completely understand what you are saying, but I took the wife, son and DIL to the home opener for the disappointing Steelers game a few years ago, and it’s still a great memory we all share. I wear the Bills shirt shot into the stands that I caught. We see the photos and laugh at some stories. 

I don’t have to tell you, the experience can last forever, long after the outcome is remembered.

But the blocked punt still pisses me off!!! 😂 I guess that is part of the experience. Like life, if everything was easy it would lose its preciousness. 

• Like (+1) 1

At home, 

the main reason outside of general comfort is that it’s a fair bit of coin to go to games regularly…, 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

At home, 

the main reason outside of general comfort is that it’s a fair bit of coin to go to games regularly…, 

Especially when they start playing games in the new stadium.

If I could tellaport to and from the game and avoid traffic. I'd go to every home game. I love the game and stadium experience, I absolutely hate the traffic. Especially trying to get home after a loss

I like to watch on TV. I end up watching at a friend's house.

That is great and all, but they have some habits. They talk over the announcer after big plays. They also do replays using the DVR function--on occasion they miss real game action doing so. But I accept it as-is because you can't over-appreciate a good friend.

Edited by boater
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Especially when they start playing games in the new stadium.

True enough, 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2024 at 1:11 PM, hondo in seattle said:

You are not looking at it right.  Understand completely you are disappointed and you want your team to win.  The whole experience, being with friends/family and sharing that experience should not all be a waste of money because your team lost.