Do you prefer to watch the Bills game live at a stadium or on your TV?

What format do you prefer to see games in?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather:

• See the game on TV in the comfort of my own home.
    • Attend the game live at the stadium
    • Something else

Used to be a season ticket holder and loved it.  Now being older we migrate down to Florida for the winter.  So, on game day I'm sitting on my recliner with my laptop on my lap watching the Bills and also watching  Red Zone on the big screen TV.  Also on the side, I do a little wagering on Draftkings.  I love it. Can't wait for the season to start.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

How'd you end up in London? 

I am British. 

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

Give me one live game over 100 on the TV. If money was no object I'd be at whatever stadium the Bills were playing in every week.  I can watch on TV as I have little choice. 

I can't stand watching soccer on TV.  Really are watching a TV show and not watching sport. 

Interestingly I agree on soccer. It is much better watched live as a constant flow game. As a re-set game though I think football is much easier to follow and understand on tv. You can see a bit more about coverages and route combinations from the stadium but you can see almost nothing of what happens up front. I'd much rather watch football on tv.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am British. 

Interestingly I agree on soccer. It is much better watched live as a constant flow game. As a re-set game though I think football is much easier to follow and understand on tv. You can see a bit more about coverages and route combinations from the stadium but you can see almost nothing of what happens up front. I'd much rather watch football on tv.

I concur on the differences in the two sports.

I think it's quite easy to tell from the personalities of our posts on here how we as individuals take different things from watching football. If I were to watch a game looking at the complexities of the play I think I'd lose something. I like to concentrate on the emotions and atmosphere of a game where you seem to tend to lean toward the tactical and technical side more? 

On 7/17/2024 at 7:51 AM, BuffaloBill said:

There is nothing like the stadium experience and you can’t duplicate it.  However, generally speaking you see the game  and action better on your TV at home.  Which vantage point do you prefer and why? 

I am personally torn because I love tailgating with friends, the energy of a live game and the people watching aspect of crazy fans.  However, I also like the comfort of my abode and the multitude of cameras on the action.  If given only one choice, I would have to say live at the stadium is more fun.

Had seasons for years but gave them up.

10 ft screen, comforts of home vs. $18 beers, having to stand up the entire game because of idiots. Not rocket surgery.

16 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I concur on the differences in the two sports.

I think it's quite easy to tell from the personalities of our posts on here how we as individuals take different things from watching football. If I were to watch a game looking at the complexities of the play I think I'd lose something. I like to concentrate on the emotions and atmosphere of a game where you seem to tend to lean toward the tactical and technical side more? 

Oh yea completely. I am interested in the game first and foremost. That is the coach in me I suppose. I can appreciate an atmosphere but it isn't what makes it special for me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am British. 

Ahh, I thought that you wrote that family & friends were from Buffalo.  My bad.  I see that you wrote family friends ...

As you were ...  😁

Agree on soccer live as well.  

As a "football" fan, nothing beats the closeup view on TV. I have never watched a game from the stands. I have been fortunate to get club seats from a grateful and wealthy patron. My wife loves the experience and I don't mind the food, drinks and humane washrooms.

I always watch the game on record, when I get home.

This question is different for everyone, but for me it has to do with the magnitude of the game.  I have little inclination to attend a game that we're supposed to mop the floor with our opponent.  

Since I no longer have STs like many others, I buy secondary market tix.  I'd much rather pay more for a pivotal game in nicer weather or for a playoff game.  And when I say nicer weather, I'm not referring to cold as much as I'm referring to slop, like drenching rain or wet heavy snow.  Cold (to an extent) and dry snow is fine.  

These days the parking & traffic situation is miserable as well, so I won't be doing anything until the new stadium opens anymore and the parking situation hits a steady-state.  

As many have mentioned, age has a lot to do with it, and in the '80s and '90s mobility and partying were not as big a deal.  You're young, it's an afterthought.  As you age it's no longer an afterthought, it's a forethought.  LOL  

I really enjoy Bills Backers bars which are pretty much like being in a Buffalo bar during games.  During the game everyone is focused on the game.  It's the next best thing to being there IMO.  And heck, for what, $75, you can eat and drink like a king.  Any good BB bar will have the game on multiple if not all TVs.  

Given our fanbase, it's almost just as much fun going to road games since we takeover often and vex the opposing fans, and there are always great tailgates to latch onto with fellow fans always being welcoming.  

Once we make a Super Bowl, I'll definitely go to Buffalo for the game though, to be there for the WNY-wide party.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

This question is different for everyone, but for me it has to do with the magnitude of the game.  I have little inclination to attend a game that we're supposed to mop the floor with our opponent.  

Since I no longer have STs like many others, I buy secondary market tix.  I'd much rather pay more for a pivotal game in nicer weather or for a playoff game.  And when I say nicer weather, I'm not referring to cold as much as I'm referring to slop, like drenching rain or wet heavy snow.  Cold (to an extent) and dry snow is fine.  

These days the parking & traffic situation is miserable as well, so I won't be doing anything until the new stadium opens anymore and the parking situation hits a steady-state.  

As many have mentioned, age has a lot to do with it, and in the '80s and '90s mobility and partying were not as big a deal.  You're young, it's an afterthought.  As you age it's no longer an afterthought, it's a forethought.  LOL  

I really enjoy Bills Backers bars which are pretty much like being in a Buffalo bar during games.  During the game everyone is focused on the game.  It's the next best thing to being there IMO.  And heck, for what, $75, you can eat and drink like a king.  Any good BB bar will have the game on multiple if not all TVs.  

Given our fanbase, it's almost just as much fun going to road games since we takeover often and vex the opposing fans, and there are always great tailgates to latch onto with fellow fans always being welcoming.  

Once we make a Super Bowl, I'll definitely go to Buffalo for the game though, to be there for the WNY-wide party.  

I lived in Florida for a while in the early 2000s. My wife and I  went to a Bills backer bar nearby, we were playing the Browns, last game of the season. If we win we are in.

The pub apparently was also a Browns backers bar as well and there were about 50 Browns fans and about 4 other Bills fans. The wings were the only good part about that day, as we got destroyed and the place couldn't have been more annoying, with all the screaming dogs!

• Like (+1) 1

which would I prefer?  IN PERSON

which is geographically available? At home or Billsbackers bar

I know there are away games I could attend but I'd rather travel Home and attend with a full stadium of my peeps when possible.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:51 AM, BuffaloBill said:

There is nothing like the stadium experience and you can’t duplicate it.  However, generally speaking you see the game  and action better on your TV at home.  Which vantage point do you prefer and why? 

I am personally torn because I love tailgating with friends, the energy of a live game and the people watching aspect of crazy fans.  However, I also like the comfort of my abode and the multitude of cameras on the action.  If given only one choice, I would have to say live at the stadium is more fun.

I'm with you 100%. I used to go to at least one game each year. Even had season tickets in '92 and '93, even though living in Atlanta area.

I love the atmosphere of a live game - seeing the whole field in 3D and living color.

That said, I haven't managed to get to a game since 2008, and being a senior now, I may not find the inconveniences that come with a live game quite as appealing.  I'd love to take my Bills-fan-by-marriage wife, but at just under 5 ft tall and 2 knee and 1 hip replacement, it would be an unenjoyable experience if she was force to stand the entire game by the inconsiderate A-holes in the next row who refuse to sit.  Even standing, she likely wouldn't see much of the action.  Of course, it's always a gamble. I could schedule a Sept or October game, easily spend a grand on plane tickets, game tickets, hotel, car, parking, etc. - and then wind up sitting in a rainstorm and 50 degrees.

I do enjoy the comfort of home, especially as the temperatures drop and I can sit in my recliner, big screen HD picture, pause, rewind, replay, fireplace roaring, roast or some other aromatic food wafting from the kitchen, snacks at arms-length, clean bathroom nearby with no sign of piss on the floor.  After the game, I can enjoy another game, go outside, or do something else that doesn't require sitting in a post-game traffic jam.

I'd like to attend a game or two before I'm done. I've seen Kemp, Kelly, Ferguson, Simpson, Thurman, Bruuuce, and all the greats, so I'd like to see Josh in person at least once. 

The Bills will be here in Atlanta next year (unless they make that an international game 😗)

I plan on being there. 

As I stated in previous thread a few weeks ago, I was at the Bills' first Monday Night game in '73 at Rich Stadium. I'd like to be at the first Monday Night game when the new stadium is completed in 2026.

For now, I'll enjoy watching from home sweet home.

I would prefer to be in the stadium for every single game.  Given that I live in Vermont and have two kids that play winter sports (hockey & ski team), however, it is almost impossible to make it to more than one game per season.  If I lived closer I would most definitely have season tix.

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Do you prefer to watch the Bills game live at a stadium or on your TV?

when i was younger and less jaded,  games were an event.  friends,  family,  tailgating,  the game,  the whole experience.  weather never affected me,  i sat in the upper tier, in the wind for the '94 Bills Raiders Championship game.  temps were near zero with wind chill reaching 32 degrees below zero.   now?  i dont want to be around all these people.   i dont want to fight traffic.   its just not worth the effort.   ill sit on the couch at home,  comfy,  not being annoyed by drunk guy #3 next to me.

I used to go to 2-3 games a year including opener and occasional away game but most of time with friends with most of the games not on local TV at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern my Bills Bar.  I'd occasionally go to pre-season games when I'd take my daughter and some friends' children but they are adults now and not interested. Bills stopped giving Bills Backers groups group ticket deals (although some other teams do and they contact me) and have not been to a Bills home game since 2010.   Flying up is less an option now since tickets from Baltimore to Buffalo usually cost more than tickets to California. The whole electronic cell phone ticket bothers me especially with teams restricting bags - cell coverage can be spotty and I am sure a number of cell phones are stolen each year at stadium. 

Now with medical issues I have not been to a live game since 2010.  My wife is too worried about me driving long distances solo and not interested in sitting alone.  I drive solo to Jimmy's occasionally now and sometimes I watch with a friend at Bills bar near his house.   I still have days when I cannot handle driving solo to Jimmy's so when game is not on local TV or NFL Network I listen to it on radio and many games are replayed on NFL Network .

I prefer going to games live when I can go with friends but have not been to a game since medical issues started so that is more of memory of a preference than a preference. 

• Like (+1) 1