Do you prefer to watch the Bills game live at a stadium or on your TV?

What format do you prefer to see games in?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather:

• See the game on TV in the comfort of my own home.
    • Attend the game live at the stadium
    • Something else

6 hours ago, JP51 said:

Two different experiences... but the older I get the more I hate fighting traffic but nothing like being there

Fighting traffic, especially leaving, is a the killer for me.

• Like (+1) 1

I used to be stadium all the way.  From the middle of 1990 until the Thanksgiving week Sunday Night game vs NE in 2007 I never missed a home regular season or playoff game.  I'm now 70 and the drive (around 300 miles each way) plus all the fans who stand throughout the game have turned me into a TV fan.  I can't stand for a whole game.  We used to have 1st row club end zone seats & there was nobody in front of us for the last few years I went to games.  Last year I didn't see any Bills games in person.  I went to the Giants/Jets and it rained the whole game.  I was sick the whole week after that.  The year before I went to a SF 49ers home game & got Covid from the train ride to the stadium after the park & ride. I currently don't have any games planned for this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in my late 60's. I've been going to 1-2 games a year since the 80s. We had a Shout Pack for a few years in the 90s, for those that remember them. It's getting hard for my wife to walk from the parking to the stadium, and the bathroom lines can be problematic for me now. We buy in the club seats now because it's a bit easier there. My friends still want us to go, and we want to go, but getting old sucks!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This was a tough one for me. It's quite the experience to actually be at the game in the stadium and with all the fans and the atmosphere....but that being said, I'm a lot more comfortable watching from home. I think everyone needs to experience the stadium scene from time to time though. 

• Agree 3

TV all the way.  Not a fan of crowds, traffic, and the garbage that comes from people overindulging.   Plus if you want to know what’s happening and actually see the nuances of the game can’t beat replay.   Plus you can see other games when the Bills are on commercial.

Hockey needs to be live to SEE the game.   Not football.  

Will be at the home opener though.   I’m sure it will be cool but reaffirming in my preference too.  

Either way….GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

I love watching at home because I can see the action more clearly.  

But I was at Arrowhead a couple years ago when we crushed the Chiefs in the regular season and that was a blast.  

If every in-person game was that much fun, I'd vote for the stadium experience.  But since some games are losses in crap weather, I'll vote for the TV in a close contest decided by a last minute score.  

It definitely changes as you get older.

The stadium experience is completely awesome...but it's also easy to complain about. It takes up most of a day, there's all the prep for tailgating, the walking to and from the stadium, the traffic, and on top of all of that, the weather. Once you reach a certain age, the weather makes a huge difference. I can deal with all of that a couple of times in a season, max.

I also tend to freak out too much during close or tense games, so it's easier to watch on TV, where I can switch off of it if I have to. I never used to do that. When I was younger, my dad eventually could no longer watch tense games, it was too much for him. I thought that was crazy. Now here I am, older than he ever was, and I get the same way sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

This all day! Like, can you save that til after the game?? haha

When I was growing up in Dallas we would watch all the 60s/70s/80s Cowboys road games on TV.  If someone was yucking it up he would say "if you're not watching the game, go in the other room.". I am the same way now watching Buffalo games.

I prefer to be at the game.  You see a lot of stuff you don't on TV.  When watching at home on TV I TIVO the game and start watching it about an hour after kickoff and fast forward through the commercials.  I've only watched 1 game at a bar.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So my two stadium experiences have been in London but I much prefer to watch on tv. It is actually much easier to see what is going on. I will come and see the Bills in Buffalo at some point (probably new stadium now) but my favourite way to consume the NFL is at home on tv.

What made you a Bills fan in the first place out of curiosity? 

Love going to games.  It’s about the total experience - tailgating, people watching, huge crowd going nuts, ability to see the whole play and how it develops from the upper deck, high fives/hugs with strangers after a great play!  Tough part? Disconnect from what’s going on - injuries, benched players, etc.

Nothing better than a home game playoff game.  Atmosphere is off the hook!

It does make me enjoy watching from home a bit also. It is a long day going to games and it’s nice on away games to sit, watch, listen.  Has a different feel from home knowing what’s going on all plays, replays, controversial plays.  

In terms of actually watching the game, I like watching from my home.  

Going to the game is a couple times a year event.  Usually a couple in Orchard Park and one on the road.  Love this but it is more for the expierence and not watching the specifics of the game.

The other option I enjoy is going to a bar to watch.  I do love Bills bars but I am talking a good generic sports bar with different fans watching all the games.  Even with Red Zone and the ability to split screens you can watch multiple games from home, you still can't see all ~8  1pm games like at a sports bar.  It's fun to hear a group of a teams fans across the bar cheer or boo and then look over to that game for a few minutes.  Also is helpful if you have friends who root for different teams so everyone can watch their own game.  

At present, 2024 season looks like this for me:

Week #1- Ari @ Buf - Sports Bar- Plenty of other games to keep an eye on.  Week #1 is fun too.  Making an expierence and going early to get a good table with friends.

Week #2- Buf @ Mia- Watching at Home-  Thursday night so only game on.  Good game to host and cook some food.

Week #3- Jac @ Buf- Going to the Game- Monday Night in Buffalo.  Gonna be a great expierence.  

Week#4- Buf @ Bal- Going to the game- Have a friend with a box in Baltimore.  Will be awesome.

After that I haven't figured it out but I assume after going to two games in a row, I will be ready to chill out a bit.  

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What made you a Bills fan in the first place out of curiosity? 

Ha I have told the story here before it is a long one.... but the short form is family friends are from Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Give me one live game over 100 on the TV. If money was no object I'd be at whatever stadium the Bills were playing in every week.  I can watch on TV as I have little choice. 

I can't stand watching soccer on TV.  Really are watching a TV show and not watching sport. 

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ha I have told the story here before it is a long one.... but the short form is family friends are from Buffalo. 

How'd you end up in London?