Do you prefer to watch the Bills game live at a stadium or on your TV?

What format do you prefer to see games in?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather:

• See the game on TV in the comfort of my own home.
    • Attend the game live at the stadium
    • Something else

There is nothing like the stadium experience and you can’t duplicate it.  However, generally speaking you see the game  and action better on your TV at home.  Which vantage point do you prefer and why? 

I am personally torn because I love tailgating with friends, the energy of a live game and the people watching aspect of crazy fans.  However, I also like the comfort of my abode and the multitude of cameras on the action.  If given only one choice, I would have to say live at the stadium is more fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

As I have gotten older, I prefer watching on TV especially late in the year when weather becomes a factor. But it is still fun to go the stadium on game days and enjoy the atmosphere from tailgating and watching the game with Bills fans. I will say with hockey it is definitely better watching it live than on TV. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The Stadium is a once a year event for me. The rest.. Comfort of home..

Yeah, this is pretty much me. Since I live in Atlanta, I usually go to 1 or 2 games per year. But if I did live in Buffalo, I would get season tickets and  go to most or all home games.  I have friends and family that tailgate and attend every game, so I would definitely be there too!

It's hard for me to choose one answer because I really enjoy both experiences throughout the season.  I have season tickets and go to about 4-5 regular season games plus all the playoff games and also really enjoy the home experience for the rest of them.  It's the best of both worlds for me right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Well, as my title would imply, I went to the very 1st game at Rich Stadium, as my dad had season tickets for a number of seasons. Loved seeing the games in person.

Throughout my high school and college, would go to a few games a season..but I don't think tailgating was as sophisticated as it is today. We would get subs and a pizza with a cooler of beer in the trunk throwing a football around in the parking lot.

One of my best memories is when I was in the Air Force and me and about a dozen of my buds made a road trip back to Buffalo to watch the Bills squish the fish on a perfect fall Sunday.

I have moved back to the O.P. a few years ago..minutes from the stadium.

In the interim,  and now in my 60s, I have turned into a real student of the Xs and Os. If I found the somewhat inebriated, partying fan I was 40 years ago in front of me at the stadium, I'd be inclined to tell me to sit down and shut up, I want to watch the game...so Im better off watching from home.

All you young and young at heart folks..party it up (safely) and have a great time!...It makes for wonderful memories!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

As I have gotten older, I prefer watching on TV especially late in the year when weather becomes a factor. But it is still fun to go the stadium on game days and enjoy the atmosphere from tailgating and watching the game with Bills fans. I will say with hockey it is definitely better watching it live than on TV. 

Pretty much the same here. I hit 30 recently and I’d much rather just sit back w/ my girl and cook up something nice. It’s actually a great culinary experience because we do something different every game and she is an amazing cook. Seafood is always served during the Fins matchup. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Pretty much the same here. I hit 30 recently and I’d much rather just sit back w/ my girl and cook up something nice. It’s actually a great culinary experience because we do something different every game and she is an amazing cook. Seafood is always served during the Fins matchup. 

Wait a minute 30 is considered old now? ;)

I hear ya though and agree with the sentiment.  I turn 40 the last year of the current stadium.  I think that's going to be the perfect time to drop out of having season tickets.

• Haha (+1) 2

Aside from the awesome party atmosphere with 70,000 like-minded fanatics, the thing I really like about watching live at the stadium is being able to watch the WRs run their routes (where I wonder why Josh didn't throw it to that guy or this guy, or to see who's covered/not). You don't get that on TV. Also, seeing how the team is acting on the sidelines and other parts of the game that are usually "off camera." But the comfort of home and getting beers easily or darting to the bathroom during a commercial, all from my couch with a huge plate of wings in front of me is tough to beat. I don't mind hearing the commentators takes either (even when I agree or disagree with them).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I generally try to do one home game (preferably the opener) and one road game each season. I love the experience in OP and I love seeing new cities and venues, but that’s about all I want to handle in person. The comfort, convenience and overall experience of viewing from home is much better than it used to be, and I’m getting too old for the hassle. 

• Like (+1) 2

I watch the majority of games at home and love the Sunday NFL gameday experience.

That said, nothing beats being there live. The anticipation and fun of tailgating on a beautiful fall day, the spectacle of 70,000+ screaming members of Bills Mafia, the feeling (and crowd noise) when a player breaks a long touchdown or makes a big 4th down stop, the way it feels to make the long walk out of the stadium after a big win...there's nothing like it.

I love both, but if I can only pick one -- particularly if you remove all the travel and other aspects and concentrate specifically on the "watching the game" part of the question in a vacuum -- it's being in the stadium.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I watch the majority of games at home and love the Sunday NFL gameday experience.

That said, nothing beats being there live. The anticipation and fun of tailgating on a beautiful fall day, the spectacle of 70,000+ screaming members of Bills Mafia, the feeling (and crowd noise) when a player breaks a long touchdown or makes a big 4th down stop, the way it feels to make the long walk out of the stadium after a big win...there's nothing like it.

I love both, but if I can only pick one -- particularly if you remove all the travel and other aspects and concentrate specifically on the "watching the game" part of the question in a vacuum -- it's being in the stadium.

Agree with just about every word of this.  Well said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1