Predictions and more. Pretty good preview video.

35 minutes ago, Trev said:

This is the year he proves he is more than Philip Rivers 2.0.  Time to get over the hump. 

I know what you mean but he’s already proven that, by a long shot. It’s not even close, IMO.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I know what you mean but he’s already proven that, by a long shot. IMO.

Go Bills!

No he hasn’t.  He needs to win in the playoffs to drop the stigma. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Anyone else concerned it seems to feature Josh Allen running on like, half the plays shown?

No because this was a hype video and nothing gets Allen more fired up, flexing, etc than trucking someone or running by them.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Just a stupid comment. 

Agreed...but unfortunately sports media is a clown show full of all kinds of stupid takes for click bait and social media is populated predominantly by complete idiots...so this stupid reference gets used more than it should.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Trev said:

This is the year he proves he is more than Philip Rivers 2.0.  Time to get over the hump. 

Philip Rivers has wet dreams about being compared to Josh Allen.

I think he just had another kid.

I think 11 wins is the floor this year... I'm very bullish on this team right now... And I'm not even sure exactly why. I'm usually more nervous. I just like the mix they have. I think it's a very balanced and deep roster. I think they have the talent to be a top 5 NFL team on both sides of the ball... I really like the coordinators...especially Babich... I just like the youthful energy with those 2... They seem real hungry...

I think if they stay healthy no one wants to play this team... No one... B-)

• Like (+1) 1

I like this offseason a lot.     Our offense has no holes.   And I think is much improved over last year.  Diggs was poor in the second half, and Father Time says his career can't be trending up.  Davis couldn't separate.  Diversifying the offense makes sense to me.  We have more ballast in the middle of the line.  And Offense was much better under Brady -- I expect the improvement to continue.  Defensively, as much as I loved Poyer and Hyde, I don't expect any drop-off of from what they gave us last year - and a tick up is certainly possible.  Safety aside, from our remaining starters in Chiefs game, the D returns Milano, Bedford, Bernard, a healthy Rasul Douglas (who was injured vs. Chiefs and played very slow that day), a healthy Daquan Jones and a healthier Von Miller.  Add our draft picks and the D stands to be much improved.  We are losing one game in the division - on the road vs. either Fish or Jets.  And I can see us going 7-4 on the others without too much strain.  So put it in ink - Bills are winning 12 (could be better).  

On 7/17/2024 at 8:51 AM, Dr. K said:

This video demonstrates how intolerable Chris Brown is as play-by-play announcer. I could hardly pay attention to the analysis because of his RIDICULOUS screaming, his voice breaking every time the Bills made a play. It's going to be impossible to listen to the Bills broadcasts. 

I had no idea Chris Brown was that loud and obnoxiously over the top with his screaming.  I feel sorry for radio listeners in the near future.  It's one thing being enthusiastic.  It's another being loud and trying way too hard to manufacture drama with decibels.

23 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Anyone else concerned it seems to feature Josh Allen running on like, half the plays shown?

They are all just waiting for ME to say it so they can vehemently deny it.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, eball said:

Philip Rivers has wet dreams about being compared to Josh Allen.

I think he just had another kid.

Why does it bother you that the man has many children. I have a hunch that he can support them.

Which is your stronger motivation, jealousy or bitterness?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Didn't want to start a new thread on this so thought I'd put it here. Kinda fits.

50 Things to Know Ahead of Week 1....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-season-is-50-days-away-50-things-to-know-ahead-of-week-1-kickoff-between-chiefs-and-ravens/

Number 11 is interesting. I know what some might say, but I'll take just about any leap of faith out there:

11. Buffalo has led the NFL in scoring offense (28.6 PPG) and scoring defense (19.1 PPG allowed) in the 2020's, making them the first team since the 1990-1993 San Francisco 49ers to lead the NFL in those metrics across a four-year span. Those 49ers didn't make a Super Bowl in that four season stretch, but they did break through for their latest Vince Lombardi trophy in 1994. 

A couple of other interesting tidbits:

28. T.J.Watt became the only player in NFL history to lead the league in sacks in three different seasons after a league-leading 19.0 in 2023. Pittsburgh is 1-11 without Watt since drafting him in 2017. 

Speaks to their QB issues imo.

47. Both Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers and new Atlanta Falcons quarterback Kirk Cousins will be trying to bounce back from suffering torn Achilles injuries in 2023. Among four notable quarterback to suffer the injury -- Dan Marino in 1993 (age 32), Vinny Testaverde in 1999 (age 36), Jim Miller in 2000 (age 29) and Trent Dilfer in 2022 (age 30) -- only Marino threw at least 10 more touchdowns than interceptions through the completion of his career post-Achilles injury despite all four of them starting at least 19 more games. 

That one struck me at first, but then I looked at the company that Marino is in and thought, duh!

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/17/2024 at 2:25 PM, Trev said:

I agree. Right now Allen is basically Dan Marino. An elite QB that hasn’t won the big one. Even then, Dan Marino still has a slight edge on Allen, because at least Marino made it to a Super Bowl. 

On 7/17/2024 at 2:25 PM, Trev said:

Same with the stigma. “How much help does Josh Allen need” . Brady and Mahomes proved they can do it with an elite TE and jags for WRs. This would be the year for Allen to prove he can do it with average supporting cast. 

Edited by Milanos Milano

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You should quit trying.    And day drinking.   And making "kiss-of-death" Bills predictions.  

LOL so now you’re superstitious?

Your little love triangle with Bill from NYC and Billsvet is so cute. Where’s Scottlaw? I honestly hope he’s ok. 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, eball said:

LOL so now you’re superstitious?

I just know that it's always a good bet that your takes will be wrong.  

You are TSW's all-time LEAST accurate poster.    

• Like (+1) 1