Predictions and more. Pretty good preview video.

I think Josh Allen gets this team to 10 -6.

in the playoffs again.

will be interesting to see,  if by the end of the season we have new stars, that can take us far into the playoffs, or just a bunch of hard worker/solid players that get beat by the star players on other teams.

• Agree 1

Allen playing a full season has never lost more than 10 games.  McDermott has made the playoffs six of his seven years here.  He's a really good regular season coach. Even with all the new pieces their floor is 10-7 as long as Allen is healthy imo.  I don't see them getting past the divisional round though unless they make a blockbuster trade for a true #1 WR in Aiyuk (my preference) or Adams.  Seems highly unlikely at this point.  At least they're set up well draft and salary cap wise for 2025 and beyond.

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Allen playing a full season has never lost more than 10 games.  McDermott has made the playoffs six of his seven years here.  He's a really good regular season coach. Even with all the new pieces their floor is 10-7 as long as Allen is healthy imo.  I don't see them getting past the divisional round though unless they make a blockbuster trade for a true #1 WR in Aiyuk (my preference) or Adams.  Seems highly unlikely at this point.  At least they're set up well draft and salary cap wise for 2025 and beyond.

I hope the ceiling is higher but I fear so many changes this year if they don't all fall together means getting to the playoffs is a good accomplishment

So many people including, amazingly, fans on this forum, are sleeping on the Bills this season.  It’s incredulous to me.  10-7 is the absolute floor as long as Josh is healthy, and it’s all about getting a little bit of luck (for once) in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I think Josh Allen gets this team to 10 -6.

in the playoffs again.

will be interesting to see,  if by the end of the season we have new stars, that can take us far into the playoffs, or just a bunch of hard worker/solid players that get beat by the star players on other teams.

10-6…. Are they going to forfeit the 17th game?

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1

We win 5 games in division (loss to Jets), 2 from the 4 elite teams (Balt, KC, SF, Motown), and 5 of 7 from the rest.  12 wins minimum.  Wish we could play Fins 4xs. 

I think this is a  year where we are going in with lower expectations but they end up having their best year in the Josh Allen era. I think the receivers are solid and if the D is healthy, they will be serious contenders. I've said it several times, but the year we win it all is a year we don't see it coming. 

People seem to be focused on the W/L prediction instead of the position by position analysis.

I thought that latter was pretty fair. 

They pointed out that at skill positions, we lost our two productive WR, that Shakir and Kincaid and Cook were still with the team and we had added Samuel and a 2nd round pick (implication: no stars). 

They pointed out the loss of Morse on the OL, and I thought they could have made more of that since he was the C and McGovern is totally unproven at C.  They made mention of the fact that the OL had a league-low in sacks and a running QB is part of that.

They pointed out the turnover in the defensive backfield, but also that Hyde and Poyer actually allowed quite high ratings against them while Rapp and Edwards were both lower in QB rating against, and that we'd been playing without White anyway while Douglas and Benford had been pretty durn good.

They captured the fact that our sack leader departed, we really need more from Rousseau, and we're counting on The Return Of the Real Von Miller.

I thought they glossed over the weakness at kicker, and didn't comment on DL which is core to McDermott's defensive concepts.

Overall fair assessment of the roster IMHO.  I don't GAF about the W-L predictions since they're typically projecting last year's performance into the future.

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Pretty clean and unbiased narrative on what to honestly expect from all positions.  Agree/Disagree?

Of course it's JMHO...

This video demonstrates how intolerable Chris Brown is as play-by-play announcer. I could hardly pay attention to the analysis because of his RIDICULOUS screaming, his voice breaking every time the Bills made a play. It's going to be impossible to listen to the Bills broadcasts. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Agree 1

A single season of football is just so hard to predict.  Maybe the overall roster took a step back but it could work out to be the same deep playoff run chances if Milano stays healthy for example. It takes a ton of guys stepping up huge to overcome something like aj klein getting forced into a major role against playoff mahomes  

I do think Hyde,poyer,Diggs,and Morse were a bit overrated last year for stretches of games and the roster falloff is not nearly as big as the pundits are projecting but I guess we shall see 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

So many people including, amazingly, fans on this forum, are sleeping on the Bills this season.  It’s incredulous to me.  10-7 is the absolute floor as long as Josh is healthy, and it’s all about getting a little bit of luck (for once) in the playoffs.

I saw a Tik-Tok today that had the Bills as the 10th worst Team in the NFL:

- they're just not that good.

- WR room is below mediocre

- have ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ON DEFENSE

- other than JA17, the only other talent is James Cook

- this team is just too weak. 

SMH

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I saw a Tik-Tok today that had the Bills as the 10th worst Team in the NFL:

- they're just not that good.

- WR room is below mediocre

- have ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ON DEFENSE

- other than JA17, the only other talent is James Cook

- this team is just too weak. 

SMH

I mean, if it's on Tik-Tok you can pretty much just believe the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

Nicely done video if not terribly enlightening.  

The only thing I learned was that both Poyer and Hyde allowed passer ratings north of 100.  I knew they weren't the dominant tandem they once were, but I hadn't realized they had fallen that far.

I don't bet - but I'd change my ways if I could bet the narrator that the Bills will finish better than 9-8.  Last year, Dorsey went into a funk after a good start and about the same time the D was decimated by injuries.  And we still won the East.   This season: two new coordinators and - I pray to the Gridiron Gods every day - a healthier roster.   I'm guessing 11-6.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dr. K said:

This video demonstrates how intolerable Chris Brown is as play-by-play announcer. I could hardly pay attention to the analysis because of his RIDICULOUS screaming, his voice breaking every time the Bills made a play. It's going to be impossible to listen to the Bills broadcasts. 

I like Chris but man he is a little over the top with his play by play. The didn't have to use his play calling so much.