Josh's perfect offensive game re-visited

tomur67

4 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I like to watch josh allen highlights before big presentations for work.  Sometimes literally in the bathroom 5 minutes before.  

I have a problem...

IBS??? 

15 hours ago, tomur67 said:

When many are trying to tear Josh Allen down, remember this game that will go down in NFL history.  2022 playoff game Buffalo 47- Patriots 17

1.  The Bills scored TD's on seven straight possessions.

2.  The Bills never punted, turned the ball over, or faced a             4th down.

3.  Josh threw more TD passes (5) than incomplete passes (4)

4.  The Bills had 51 offensive plays and only two plays were           negative and those two were Josh's kneeldowns.

When the "experts" try to convince us that Josh doesn't play well in the playoffs, this is one example that totally contradicts that.  This game was the greatest offensive game ever played in NFL history since the beginning of the superbowl era.  

That was because defense coordinator did a world class goose egg and did not adjust game plan.

55 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

With all props to Hyde, it's also because noodle-arm McCorkle threw a lame duck that took forever to get there.

Funniest thing is, Josh made almost the exact same throw to Sanders for a 34 yd TD, except his had no chance of getting picked because it was a absolute missile.

I love watching those two plays next to each other. Such a difference in QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What do you mean different intentions? For all we know this whole article is made up with fake quotes. Who cares.

An ESPN talking head is going to say whatever to takes to create controversy and drive views/clicks to their content. It's what makes them valuable.

A NFL executive is going to try and give an assessment that's rooted in reality as they're evaluated on how often they're right. It's what makes them valuable.

Their intentions are different because the way they're evaluated are different. 

14 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

An ESPN talking head is going to say whatever to takes to create controversy and drive views/clicks to their content. It's what makes them valuable.

A NFL executive is going to try and give an assessment that's rooted in reality as they're evaluated on how often they're right. It's what makes them valuable.

Their intentions are different because the way they're evaluated are different. 

Russ Brandon was an NFL executive.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Opinions are opinions.

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Russ Brandon was an NFL executive.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Opinions are opinions.

He was, he no longer is because he sucked. Once again, they're not trying to be controversial to drive clicks. They're trying to be accurate to drive wins. 

You're the one arguing that the media and NFL executives are no different. You haven't presented anything other than "they're providing their opinion."

Well if that's the case, not one person in the world is different than another because we all have opinions. I'll take my NFL front office job now.

Some dude in China who has never watched a snap of football will too - he's no different than Brandon Beane!

Edited by JGMcD2

16 hours ago, tomur67 said:

When many are trying to tear Josh Allen down, remember this game that will go down in NFL history.  2022 playoff game Buffalo 47- Patriots 17

1.  The Bills scored TD's on seven straight possessions.

2.  The Bills never punted, turned the ball over, or faced a             4th down.

3.  Josh threw more TD passes (5) than incomplete passes (4)

4.  The Bills had 51 offensive plays and only two plays were           negative and those two were Josh's kneeldowns.

When the "experts" try to convince us that Josh doesn't play well in the playoffs, this is one example that totally contradicts that.  This game was the greatest offensive game ever played in NFL history since the beginning of the superbowl era.  

And don't forget that Allen performed at this level on a bitterly cold night with the temp around 5 degrees.

16 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm pretty sure there are.  Fowler just put out a piece talking about what some former executive said about Josh. So the conversation has been swirling on sports and social media

• Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

He was, he no longer is because he sucked. Once again, they're not trying to be controversial to drive clicks. They're trying to be accurate to drive wins. 

You're the one arguing that the media and NFL executives are no different. You haven't presented anything other than "they're providing their opinion."

Well if that's the case, not one person in the world is different than another because we all have opinions. I'll take my NFL front office job now.

Some dude in China who has never watched a snap of football will too - he's no different than Brandon Beane!

You’re on the right track. You’re exaggerating a bit though. 

NFL executives are wrong as much as anyone.

17 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody says Allen doesn't play well in the playoffs

There was a quote posted here from some media fool a few days ago who was claiming that if you take out this game from Allen, he hasn't been anything special in the playoffs.

I don't think it is a common narrative, but it is pretty common right now for people to be claiming that Allen is overrated or too mistake prone. Allen always has criticism to squash. And he usually does.

18 hours ago, tomur67 said:

When the "experts" talk about Josh in the playoffs, they immediately throw out that game (and often the following game as well). They say his numbers are "inflated" or say "aside from 2021, he's pretty average in the playoffs." I actually made a thread about this recently.

Even today, I just saw a YouTube video discussing what each QB has left to prove in 2024. He says Allen is the 2nd best QB in the league right now, but also goes on to say "His playoff numbers for his career are really great, although I do believe they're inflated a bit by his amazing, historically dominant, 2-game run in 2021."

Here's the Josh Allen segment in case anyone is interested (skip to 6:03 where talks about the playoffs ) -

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not saying I agree with any detractors. I was just saying to our guy that there are those who think Josh is not that great in the playoffs. Crazy and lazy right!?

Yeah, I wasn't implying that you were taking that position, just countering the position itself.

20 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody says Allen doesn't play well in the playoffs

Funny, that all I read on social media. No Bills fans though, they know the what’s up

Edited by BananaB