Josh's perfect offensive game re-visited

tomur67

8 hours ago, tomur67 said:

When the "experts" try to convince us that Josh doesn't play well in the playoffs

Honestly I watch a lot of the talking heads and I don't remember hearing this.   Too many turnovers(in the regular season)?  Yes, hear that all the time.  Many dont actually know how different the stats are.

That game is way up there in terms of good Bills memories.   Living in NE for the Patriots run was an awful experience, that game buried that regime whether we knew it or not at the time.   The stat I like to think about with that game is that the Bills gained 100% of the yards possible given the number of drives they had.  They literally could not have gained another yard...hence perfection.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Besides the perfect game, the one play that stunned everyone in that game was Micah Hyde swooping in out of nowhere to ***** a INT on a sure TD pass that would have tied the game.   That INT was unbelievable as the closing speed was out of the world.   One of the most brilliant play in Bills history

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Nick Wright levying criticism is the same thing as a NFL Front Office member?

Yeah. What’s the difference? Anyone giving opinions on ESPN or any platform is the same. 

Front office executives opinions on players is no better or accurate than any of our opinions.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

11 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I like to watch josh allen highlights before big presentations for work.  Sometimes literally in the bathroom 5 minutes before.  

I have a problem...

I think it's funnier than hell that I can't tell if you're kidding :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah. What’s the difference? Anyone giving opinions on ESPN or any platform is the same. 

Front office executives opinions on players is no better or accurate than any of our opinions.

It's completely different.  It's well known that many ESPN talking heads or whatever platform they are on like to spew controversial takes for clicks that we know they most likely don't even actually agree with.

If an NFL executive who was quoted anonymously really believes this that's a pretty big Yikes comment(on the executive, not Josh) 

28 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's completely different.  It's well known that many ESPN talking heads or whatever platform they are on like to spew controversial takes for clicks that we know they most likely don't even actually agree with.

If an NFL executive who was quoted anonymously really believes this that's a pretty big Yikes comment(on the executive, not Josh) 

It’s no different. Whats the difference between Bill Polian sitting on the set of ESPN saying Lamar Jackson is a wide receiver vs anyone else’s opinion?

Bill Polian was wrong about Lamar Jackson just like any other non executive can be wrong.

Some NFL executive thinks Josh Allen is overrated. So what. It’s no different than anyone else’s opinion.

Talking heads are talking heads, doesn’t matter how much experience you have. It’s all an opinion.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

My biggest takeaway from that game will always be Bellichick going into the Bills locker room after the game to seek out Allen at his stall to congratulate him. 

I’d love to see someone ask Bellichick to comment on this anonymous quote about Allen.

11 hours ago, tomur67 said:

When many are trying to tear Josh Allen down, remember this game that will go down in NFL history.  2022 playoff game Buffalo 47- Patriots 17

1.  The Bills scored TD's on seven straight possessions.

2.  The Bills never punted, turned the ball over, or faced a             4th down.

3.  Josh threw more TD passes (5) than incomplete passes (4)

4.  The Bills had 51 offensive plays and only two plays were           negative and those two were Josh's kneeldowns.

When the "experts" try to convince us that Josh doesn't play well in the playoffs, this is one example that totally contradicts that.  This game was the greatest offensive game ever played in NFL history since the beginning of the superbowl era.  

Yeah, but he passed up Diggs, got hit, and missed a TD to Shakir in a playoff game.   We want guys who played that Patriot game taking the shorter throw to Diggs instead of the longer throw to Shakir.  Plus, the TD to Knox kinda looked like a short arm punt.   You should’ve heard the commentators making “another remarkable play” excuse.  I’ve re-watched all his games and found a “what if” in ALL of them!

Allen played great in that game, but the Bills plus the weather beat the Patriots.  When Hyde picked off that pass, and Allen's throwaway toward Knox turned into a TD pass, and the temperature was some absurdly low number, the Pats lost heart.  They knew they were beat by the end of the first quarter, and the players on the field spend the rest of the game looking longingly at the parkas and heaters on the sidelines. This isn't to take anything away from Allen.  The Bills all knew they could do whatever they wanted and so they proceeded to do just that.  Allen was the death rider on the lead horse, but there was a whole herd right behind him.  

Whoever said the Bills broke the Pats that day had it right. The Pats lost their mojo completely and have never recovered.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s no different. Whats the difference between Bill Polian sitting on the set of ESPN saying Lamar Jackson is a wide receiver vs anyone else’s opinion?

Bill Polian was wrong about Lamar Jackson just like any other non executive can be wrong.

Some NFL executive thinks Josh Allen is overrated. So what. It’s no different than anyone else’s opinion.

Talking heads are talking heads, doesn’t matter how much experience you have. It’s all an opinion.

Totally agree... Led Zeppelin is my favorite band... yet some people don't like them... you got your opinion, I got mine and at the end of the day none of it matters. Did you win or didn't you... I also think its good for players like Allen to have detractors... keeps him hungry... 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

An anonymous source has nothing to gain from saying Josh Allen is overrated - they're genuinely providing their opinion. A talking head on ESPN is not always giving an earnest opinion, as it is advantageous for them to generate controversy. They're both "opinions" but are given with different intentions. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bill Polian sitting on the set of ESPN is exactly that, Bill Polian sitting on the set of ESPN. He's not doing it as an executive, he's doing it as a media personality. The intention is different. 

Edited by JGMcD2

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

An anonymous source has nothing to gain from saying Josh Allen is overrated - they're genuinely providing their opinion. A talking head on ESPN is not always giving an earnest opinion, as it is advantageous for them to generate controversy. They're both "opinions" but are given with different intentions. 

Bill Polian sitting on the set of ESPN is exactly that, Bill Polian sitting on the set of ESPN. He's not doing it as an executive, he's doing it as a media personality. The intention is different. 

What do you mean different intentions? For all we know this whole article is made up with fake quotes. Who cares.

5 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

It's not just the closing speed.  It's that Hyde took the exactly perfect angle to anticipate where the pass would go.  

With all props to Hyde, it's also because noodle-arm McCorkle threw a lame duck that took forever to get there.

Funniest thing is, Josh made almost the exact same throw to Sanders for a 34 yd TD, except his had no chance of getting picked because it was a absolute missile.

I love watching those two plays next to each other. Such a difference in QB.

• Like (+1) 5