Elon Musk appreciation thread

2 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

We might want to look into this but didn’t the government pay for the starlink service (via fema) and the rescue (via space x)?

Who is we?

A win for the government via hiring a successful contractor! Did they also pay the company that stranded the astronauts?Too bad they haven’t had the same success with their broadband and electric charging station initiatives. I guess they just need more time. Either way, LEON BAD. 

8 hours ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Who is we?

A win for the government via hiring a successful contractor! Did they also pay the company that stranded the astronauts?Too bad they haven’t had the same success with their broadband and electric charging station initiatives. I guess they just need more time. Either way, LEON BAD. 

Dude they accuse me of being too serious.

I didn’t feel like pulling and links to see if fema was supplying / paying for them and I’m pretty sure without checking that nasa was paying for the astronauts rescue. 

it wasn’t Leon bad.

it was who paid for this… the very “inept” government that someone said the government could never do this… and yet the government was actually doing it by hiring the very contractor. you know the government hired contractors all the time, like for the moon shot.

so seems your biases are showing now.  Everyone is hypped up on tribal propaganda we all need some chill pills was my real point.  

28 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Dude they accuse me of being too serious.

I didn’t feel like pulling and links to see if fema was supplying / paying for them and I’m pretty sure without checking that nasa was paying for the astronauts rescue. 

it wasn’t Leon bad.

it was who paid for this… the very “inept” government that someone said the government could never do this… and yet the government was actually doing it by hiring the very contractor. you know the government hired contractors all the time, like for the moon shot.

so seems your biases are showing now.  Everyone is hypped up on tribal propaganda we all need some chill pills was my real point.  

And my real point is that people like you, the people that need a boogeyman and cannot credit a great entrepreneur for incredible successes that benefit many around the world, are broken by politics. 

Just now, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

And my real point is that people like you, the people that need a boogeyman and cannot credit a great entrepreneur for incredible successes that benefit many around the world, are broken by politics. 

Well your point is wrong about my post.

29 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Well your point is wrong about my post.

I should’ve mentioned above – it’s very interesting that you would spend yesterday in a pretty fevered state here at the message board, apparently because of the mean bearded man from what I can tell, and this morning you start out with “we need some chill pills”. Quite funny. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

I should’ve mentioned above – it’s very interesting that you would spend yesterday in a pretty fevered state here at the message board, apparently because of the mean bearded man from what I can tell, and this morning you start out with “we need some chill pills”. Quite funny. 

you should have, oh well.

some days you have time to dive into the sewer with you guys and some days you don't, and one man fevered state is nothing compared to B-man posing in very single thread at 2am. but you do you. I'd share screenshot but wisely the people running the server keep image sizes to a bare minimum.

I find it interesting that when the indictment dropped the bot posters went real silent. Most of their posts today have been about anything but the felon and his no good really bad day yesterday. You a staunch defender of freedom and voting integrity have no problem with him throwing out all the votes and taking power. you're okay with a racist and sexist POS as long as he uses federal funds to give you shiny electric cars and reusable rockets. Hey they are both nice, but I know people who work with Leon and they have few good things to say about the man, and mostly try to keep him away from anything important so he doesn't break it. But you know I should read the press you do and believe that. 

There are better and cheaper ways to save humanity from random space destruction, like a moon base and observatory with a liner accelerator to nudge rocks out of the way form hitting earth. also from there sure would be much easier to shoot payloads to Mars, easier to shoot payloads back to earth and easier to build and maintain being so much closer to earth. not as "cool" and him being emperor of mars, but better for humanity.

and that gets me to the larger point, maybe I'm just an old Marvel comics guy, but I believe you can't be bad to do good. Breaking a few eggs to make an omelet is fine for an omelet but not smooch when it is people, and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic to say his labor relations with his employees has been bad at best. 

So snipe away, attack me personally cool bro I signed up for it by playing along but also let's be realistic about this ####### instead of fawning.

15 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

you should have, oh well.

some days you have time to dive into the sewer with you guys and some days you don't, and one man fevered state is nothing compared to B-man posing in very single thread at 2am. but you do you. I'd share screenshot but wisely the people running the server keep image sizes to a bare minimum.

I find it interesting that when the indictment dropped the bot posters went real silent. Most of their posts today have been about anything but the felon and his no good really bad day yesterday. You a staunch defender of freedom and voting integrity have no problem with him throwing out all the votes and taking power. you're okay with a racist and sexist POS as long as he uses federal funds to give you shiny electric cars and reusable rockets. Hey they are both nice, but I know people who work with Leon and they have few good things to say about the man, and mostly try to keep him away from anything important so he doesn't break it. But you know I should read the press you do and believe that. 

There are better and cheaper ways to save humanity from random space destruction, like a moon base and observatory with a liner accelerator to nudge rocks out of the way form hitting earth. also from there sure would be much easier to shoot payloads to Mars, easier to shoot payloads back to earth and easier to build and maintain being so much closer to earth. not as "cool" and him being emperor of mars, but better for humanity.

and that gets me to the larger point, maybe I'm just an old Marvel comics guy, but I believe you can't be bad to do good. Breaking a few eggs to make an omelet is fine for an omelet but not smooch when it is people, and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic to say his labor relations with his employees has been bad at best. 

So snipe away, attack me personally cool bro I signed up for it by playing along but also let's be realistic about this ####### instead of fawning.

He’s a very bad man. A boogeyman even. 

You must be quite the player to have insight to Leon’s inner circle. Impressive!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

You must be quite the player to have insight to Leon’s inner circle. Impressive!

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad.

I said I had friends who work with him. I have never and have no interest in meeting him or working in that world any longer. I prefer the sewer down here with you all. Finally I only mention this for context of my opinions.

8 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Wipro Bill is still pissed that X stopped using contractors. 

16 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad.

I said I had friends who work with him. I have never and have no interest in meeting him or working in that world any longer. I prefer the sewer down here with you all. Finally I only mention this for context of my opinions.

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I noted that you had insight to Leon’s inner circle based on your claims of knowing people that work with him. So you have friends that work with him but they are not part of his inner circle and you have no insight to it? By working “with” him, does that mean you know people that work for Tesla or SpaceX? 

11 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad. I noted that you had insight to Leon’s inner circle based on your claims of knowing people that work with him. So you have friends that work with him but they are not part of his inner circle and you have no insight to it? By working “with” him, does that mean you know people that work for Tesla or SpaceX? 

Player implies I'm in the circle. but you do you.

Both actually.

Edited by Starr-Bills

Capricious billionaires are not your friends.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.

The United States government paid Elon Musk to bring those astronauts back. He didn’t bail them out.

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

Capricious billionaires are not your friends.

The United States government paid Elon Musk to bring those astronauts back. He didn’t bail them out.

Who was getting them, and when, if they couldn’t pay SpaceX to do so?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

They paid his company because. . . . . . 

They couldn’t do it, but he could. 

You are so blinded. 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

The United States government made a decision two decades ago to privatize and contract out human space flight rather than doing it in house. So of course SpaceX is who they would ask to do it. They were already going to fly a ship and they just left two seats open. This is not some genius work or some great Elon Musk largess. This is the US government now they’re in this position because the other contractor that they hired because they spread the risk across multiple contractors failed. The real issue should be why the ***** did we pay Boeing so much money not how great is Elon Musk that’s my only point. SpaceX wouldn’t exist without the money that the United States government spent for them to develop their rockets and good on them. They took that money and they built a rocket that no one else in the world has and the United States gets access to it, which is also great. 

but this brings up a real interesting issue something that bothers me to no end obviously, this idea that the largest of billionaires their charity is somehow better than taxpayers footing the bill for things. The problem with billionaires charity is that they can just decide not to do it and at least the United States government is accountable to the people. It may be two years. It may be four years. It may be six years before people can vote them out and there’s government accounting and committees and hearings so that people know and see how the money is being spent And most charities for billionaires are actually a tax hedge. And most of that goes to fund their own companies that they set up to run the charity that they’re donating to personally, I say tax the billionaires and let the people decide how the money should be spent.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Russians, which is disgusting and bad planning by NASA. This is an easily checkable thing so you’re trying to get some kind of gotcha going on here. Trust me. I’m happy that a US company is being paid by the US government to fly its astronauts.