Elon Musk appreciation thread

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Right. Because Musk hasn't had his platform BANNED in one of the largest countries on the planet already.  But that could never happen here, right?

:lol:

Make no mistake I'm laughing directly AT you.

If you are, then you are just outright wrong.  

Personally I do not like Harris and a lot of the policies she is pushing.  I also don't like the idea of Tariffs that Trump is pushing.  So I'm stuck in the middle, feeling no candidate represents what I am looking for .

But, when someone says who they support, and then no matter what anyone says, they have answer for it...well, its just hard to take a discussion with them seriousley..if their candidate of choice can do little wrong.

I came to this forum hoping for a bit of debate back and forth, but its very hard when some people view things so one sided, and have to result to insults, laughing emojis, name calling when someone doesn't agree with them (remind you of anyone currently running for office?)

14 minutes ago, Westside said:

Another sock puppet. Spewing left wing lies. Go back under the rock you climbed out from.

See my above post/reply

So when you can't have a serious discussion, when someone says something you disagree with, result to insults, name calling, acting like a 3rd grader throwing a tantrum....is that all you have? Apparently so.

I am not a left wing lie spewer, if you actually looked at many of my posts here or on other social media, I have criticized a lot of the policies of the left also.  Yet if your ego needs that boost of calling me that, even though it isn't true...well...small minds get boosted by small actions I guess.

The 5-year old level name calling. Accusations without knowing the views of who you are talking to...cute little threats....I see acting like the obedient little lemming your leader has so well trained you to be...just like pavlov's dog.

25 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Personally I do not like Harris and a lot of the policies she is pushing.  I also don't like the idea of Tariffs that Trump is pushing.  So I'm stuck in the middle, feeling no candidate represents what I am looking for .

But, when someone says who they support, and then no matter what anyone says, they have answer for it...well, its just hard to take a discussion with them seriousley..if their candidate of choice can do little wrong.

I came to this forum hoping for a bit of debate back and forth, but its very hard when some people view things so one sided, and have to result to insults, laughing emojis, name calling when someone doesn't agree with them (remind you of anyone currently running for office?)

See my above post/reply

So when you can't have a serious discussion, when someone says something you disagree with, result to insults, name calling, acting like a 3rd grader throwing a tantrum....is that all you have? Apparently so.

I am not a left wing lie spewer, if you actually looked at many of my posts here or on other social media, I have criticized a lot of the policies of the left also.  Yet if your ego needs that boost of calling me that, even though it isn't true...well...small minds get boosted by small actions I guess.

The 5-year old level name calling. Accusations without knowing the views of who you are talking to...cute little threats....I see acting like the obedient little lemming your leader has so well trained you to be...just like pavlov's dog.

The same refrain since the beginning of PPP time.  Your first mistake was coming here expecting anything close to reasonable discussion.  We are so very far past the time for any of that in 2024.

Pick a side.

Libs are losing the narrative and it’s all X’s fault.  

So naturally the response is to have government ban it.  

One would think if your ideas are so good that wouldn’t be necessary and with a free speech forum like X your messages would get out and resonate.  

Their ideas are so good Harris isn’t even allowed to talk about them.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/6/2024 at 1:58 PM, mjd1001 said:

I am not a left wing lie spewer

Okay. 

Not sure what policies you are interested in? Social security? Freedom from government control? Listeria propagation? Insurrections? Child poverty? More tax cuts for the wealthy? Abandoning allies? Drill baby drill? How about the policy of having an election every four years? Only one party is promoting that. 

not know what you want it’s hard to have a discussion about it.

• Disagree 1

21 hours ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

😆

Doge coin. Looks like it was a pump and dump and not people are hanging on… Leon should not be near any sharp objects. Everyone who likes this guy thinks they are on the ‘inside’ and he won’t dispose of you as soon as you are not useful. But that is who this guy is. 

I’ll let free speech reign, will promote extremism on the right and ban the airplane tracking account.

advertisers don’t like free speech “go ***** yourself”

it’s not fair advertisers won’t buy on my platform I’m going to sue them.

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

Doge coin. Looks like it was a pump and dump and not people are hanging on… Leon should not be near any sharp objects. Everyone who likes this guy thinks they are on the ‘inside’ and he won’t dispose of you as soon as you are not useful. But that is who this guy is. 

I’ll let free speech reign, will promote extremism on the right and ban the airplane tracking account.

advertisers don’t like free speech “go ***** yourself”

it’s not fair advertisers won’t buy on my platform I’m going to sue them.

Who do you spend more time loathing? The orange menace or LEON? I can’t imagine what it must be like to add MDS on top of a raging case of TDS. Hang in there big guy! All my best. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/6/2024 at 1:58 PM, mjd1001 said:

See my above post/reply

Happy to discuss things with you. I prefer to have open dialogue and I don't get offended. Sometimes posting on here is just shouting into the abyss. People have already made up their minds.

I hope you have not made up your mind on Elon for instance because you are just repeating fake news lies about him. I'm somewhat of an expert having followed most of his career and life and have read a couple of books about him. He's a fascinating guy. Completely self made and had a really tough upbringing. He has no interest in making money as you say. He owns no houses, no yachts, he doesn't have an exotic car collection. In fact, after he sold PayPal and had money for the first time in his life, he went and bought a McLaren F1, one of the rarest cars around, just to show off. He said he felt stupid driving it and it left him feeling empty inside. He quickly learned that material things would not bring him happiness. He usually sleeps on a couch or on the floor in an empty office somewhere.

He suffers from depression and he said he looked around him and saw that the human species was not progressing and he doesn't want to live in a world where people aren't doing cool things so he decided to do it himself. His main goal in life is to get us to Mars to make our species interplanetary. You need redundancy in case a meteor or other catastrophe wipes us out. He is "pro-human" as he said and got into a heated argument at a party with Google founder and best friend Larry Page who argued that AI was a superior intelligence and it would be natural selection for it to wipe us out. Yes the founder of Google doesn't care if humans are extinct, think about that when you are using his products. Needless to say they are not friends anymore.

He was a darling of the left with Tesla. All of the celebs and tech bros traded in their Prius for a model s. He supported Obama and Biden. The big change for him politically was the cracking down on the 1st amendment online. Twitter was his favorite pastime and he didn't like what he saw so even though he knew he would lose a ton of money, he bought it just to try and save free speech. If he was so interested in making money as people say, why would he do that knowing it was not a profitable company? Another catalyst was his son becoming transgender and turning into a girl at a young age. He blamed it on the left propaganda in California and if you look at the stats there's waaaaay more trans or sexually confused youth in California than anywhere else. Coincidence?

So in summary, people loved Elon up until he bought Twitter and threatened their takeover of free speech. What came next was a full on media assault that people that don't know any better believe. He has accomplished more (electric cars, privatized space, satellite Internet, free speech social media, solar, AI, robotics, cure for neurological disorders, underground transit, and soon to be interplanetary colonization) than maybe any private citizen in the history of the world. Here's how much they loved him in 2021 before Twitter...

PSX_20240908_075628.thumb.jpg.e3cf7d4c4f18578b293b558dfae1ec78.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Elon Musk on pace to become world’s
first trillionaire by 2027, report says

by Ramon Antonio Vargas

Elon Musk is on pace to become the world’s first trillionaire by 2027, according to a new report from a group that tracks wealth. Informa Connect Academy’s finding about the boss of electric carmaker Tesla, private rocket company SpaceX and social media platform X (formerly Twitter) stems from the fact that Musk’s wealth has been growing at an average annual rate of 110%. He was also the world’s richest person, with $251bn, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, as the academy’s 2024 Trillion Dollar Club report began circulating Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/article/2024/sep/07/elon-musk-first-trillionaire-2027

• Shocked 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Elon Musk on pace to become world’s
first trillionaire by 2027, report says

by Ramon Antonio Vargas

Elon Musk is on pace to become the world’s first trillionaire by 2027, according to a new report from a group that tracks wealth. Informa Connect Academy’s finding about the boss of electric carmaker Tesla, private rocket company SpaceX and social media platform X (formerly Twitter) stems from the fact that Musk’s wealth has been growing at an average annual rate of 110%. He was also the world’s richest person, with $251bn, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, as the academy’s 2024 Trillion Dollar Club report began circulating Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/article/2024/sep/07/elon-musk-first-trillionaire-2027

I think Bezos would have beaten him but for an ill-timed divorce ...

On 9/8/2024 at 7:58 AM, K D said:

Happy to discuss things with you. I prefer to have open dialogue and I don't get offended. Sometimes posting on here is just shouting into the abyss. People have already made up their minds.

I hope you have not made up your mind on Elon for instance because you are just repeating fake news lies about him. I'm somewhat of an expert having followed most of his career and life and have read a couple of books about him. He's a fascinating guy. Completely self made and had a really tough upbringing. He has no interest in making money as you say. He owns no houses, no yachts, he doesn't have an exotic car collection. In fact, after he sold PayPal and had money for the first time in his life, he went and bought a McLaren F1, one of the rarest cars around, just to show off. He said he felt stupid driving it and it left him feeling empty inside. He quickly learned that material things would not bring him happiness. He usually sleeps on a couch or on the floor in an empty office somewhere.

He suffers from depression and he said he looked around him and saw that the human species was not progressing and he doesn't want to live in a world where people aren't doing cool things so he decided to do it himself. His main goal in life is to get us to Mars to make our species interplanetary. You need redundancy in case a meteor or other catastrophe wipes us out. He is "pro-human" as he said and got into a heated argument at a party with Google founder and best friend Larry Page who argued that AI was a superior intelligence and it would be natural selection for it to wipe us out. Yes the founder of Google doesn't care if humans are extinct, think about that when you are using his products. Needless to say they are not friends anymore.

He was a darling of the left with Tesla. All of the celebs and tech bros traded in their Prius for a model s. He supported Obama and Biden. The big change for him politically was the cracking down on the 1st amendment online. Twitter was his favorite pastime and he didn't like what he saw so even though he knew he would lose a ton of money, he bought it just to try and save free speech. If he was so interested in making money as people say, why would he do that knowing it was not a profitable company? Another catalyst was his son becoming transgender and turning into a girl at a young age. He blamed it on the left propaganda in California and if you look at the stats there's waaaaay more trans or sexually confused youth in California than anywhere else. Coincidence?

So in summary, people loved Elon up until he bought Twitter and threatened their takeover of free speech. What came next was a full on media assault that people that don't know any better believe. He has accomplished more (electric cars, privatized space, satellite Internet, free speech social media, solar, AI, robotics, cure for neurological disorders, underground transit, and soon to be interplanetary colonization) than maybe any private citizen in the history of the world. Here's how much they loved him in 2021 before Twitter...

PSX_20240908_075628.thumb.jpg.e3cf7d4c4f18578b293b558dfae1ec78.jpg

Well not quite the whole story, but close enough for PPP work.

leon, had started to show his tendencies towards authoritarianism before buying twitter. 
it seemed to me at the time he was pushed into buying twitter by his bad judgement and his investors. He has proceeded treat the employees, advertisers and customers like *****, lost money every quarter and promoted far right extreme posters and content while throttling left leaning accounts.

so yea once he bought twitter he showed his real self and people don’t like it. But hey some times to have to crack a few eggs to make a humanity saving omelet am I right. Once humanity is saved by his genius we’ll all be happy to live in the world of his creation. Just like a 5th grader thinks the world would be perfect if everyone just agreed with me.

23 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Well not quite the whole story, but close enough for PPP work.

leon, had started to show his tendencies towards authoritarianism before buying twitter. 
it seemed to me at the time he was pushed into buying twitter by his bad judgement and his investors. He has proceeded treat the employees, advertisers and customers like *****, lost money every quarter and promoted far right extreme posters and content while throttling left leaning accounts.

so yea once he bought twitter he showed his real self and people don’t like it. But hey some times to have to crack a few eggs to make a humanity saving omelet am I right. Once humanity is saved by his genius we’ll all be happy to live in the world of his creation. Just like a 5th grader thinks the world would be perfect if everyone just agreed with me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's the point of Twitter. It's supposed to be a town hall. If you disagree or have a different point of view it doesn't make you Hitler or authoritarian. But in this messed up Lefty world where they have all the power, if you disagree then you get cancelled or lose your job prospects or get thrown in jail. 

Elon Musk is obviously a polarizing figure.

Which makes it weird (that word again) that I'm kind of an Elon agnostic.

Overall, he's been a critical and important figure in pushing technology forward. That has been good for the world and good for America.

But being a brilliant innovator (and salesman - the cult of Elon is not unlike the Cult of Steve Jobs) doesn't necessarily mean your political philosophy is correct or even coherent. There's this Silicon Valley oriented politics that is really a modern-day version of Plato - the idea that the country should really be run by a wise intellectual ruler or rulers, who just happen to be Peter Thiel an Elon Musk and people just like them. It's fundamentally anti-democratic. There's an argument that we have too much democracy and that they have a point, but we really ought to be having a discussion about that. Instead we have the smart guys propping up a kind of dumb guy who they believe they can manipulate into furthering their agenda.

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Elon Musk is obviously a polarizing figure.

Which makes it weird (that word again) that I'm kind of an Elon agnostic.

Overall, he's been a critical and important figure in pushing technology forward. That has been good for the world and good for America.

But being a brilliant innovator (and salesman - the cult of Elon is not unlike the Cult of Steve Jobs) doesn't necessarily mean your political philosophy is correct or even coherent. There's this Silicon Valley oriented politics that is really a modern-day version of Plato - the idea that the country should really be run by a wise intellectual ruler or rulers, who just happen to be Peter Thiel an Elon Musk and people just like them. It's fundamentally anti-democratic. There's an argument that we have too much democracy and that they have a point, but we really ought to be having a discussion about that. Instead we have the smart guys propping up a kind of dumb guy who they believe they can manipulate into furthering their agenda.

Who is the arbiter of this?  We have numerous celebrities who have platforms spewing their political views who probably have even less of a correct or coherent philosophy...

Just now, Doc said:

Who is the arbiter of this?  We have numerous celebrities who have platforms spewing their political views who probably have even less of a correct or coherent philosophy...

Oh, I'm not denying that.

I'm just saying that if people really investigate the political philosophy of Musk and his fellow travelers, they'll find a lot not to like.

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, I'm not denying that.

I'm just saying that if people really investigate the political philosophy of Musk and his fellow travelers, they'll find a lot not to like.

And I'm just saying you could say the same about anyone on TV.