Elon Musk appreciation thread

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I wasn’t aware of this til yesterday. F’er didn’t found Tesla. An early investor. So much for genius. He’s a phony just like the pols he’s backing

Tesla was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning as Tesla Motors. Its name is a tribute to inventor and electrical engineer Nikola ...

I’ll need to look more closely at that statue of Tesla near Niagara Falls. Maybe Musk has carved in his name. 

“So much for genius”. Are you familiar with SpaceX? You should educate yourself on what they do. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽🤦🏽‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I wasn’t aware of this til yesterday. F’er didn’t found Tesla. An early investor. So much for genius. He’s a phony just like the pols he’s backing

Tesla was incorporated in July 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning as Tesla Motors. Its name is a tribute to inventor and electrical engineer Nikola ...

I’ll need to look more closely at that statue of Tesla near Niagara Falls. Maybe Musk has carved in his name. 

Did you think he created the first electric car? You are acting like your ignorance is his fault, he is the reason Tesla is successful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was a huge Musk skeptic...until SpaceX landed that rocket back in the middle of the ocean.  Then I bought a Tesla, and more importantly, invested in the company.  Thanks Elon!

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was a huge Musk skeptic...until SpaceX landed that rocket back in the middle of the ocean.  Then I bought a Tesla, and more importantly, invested in the company.  Thanks Elon!

Some people have friends who run a carrier group, others may have friends who know that Musk is kept away from anything important at both SpaceX & Tesla, less so at twitter to resounding effect. YMMV.

Edited by Starr-Bills
cleaned up the grammar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Some people have friends who run a carrier group, others may have friends who know that Musk is kept away from anything important at both SpaceX & Tesla, less so at twitter to resounding effect. YMMV.

Sure.  He's just incredibly lucky...

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Sure.  He's just incredibly lucky...

His dad did own an opal mine. He did luck out with PayPal’s sale… kinda like being born on 3rd base and claiming your disadvantaged because it wasn’t a home run. 

• Disagree 1

55 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

His dad did own an opal mine. He did luck out with PayPal’s sale… kinda like being born on 3rd base and claiming your disadvantaged because it wasn’t a home run. 

Way to believe the fake news. Elon's dad was a scammer who cheated on his mom constantly and had pretty much no relationship with him and he and his mom and brother lived in a 1 bedroom apt. Elon came to Canada with no money and worked his way through school. And now as the richest person in the world he owns no house or pretty much anything of value. His only goal in life is to improve humanity.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-father-errol-never-owned-emerald-mine-telling-truth-2023-9#:~:text=Elon Musk Really Was Telling,Never Owned an Emerald Mine

You should be p*ssed that the media constantly lies to you. But you choose to support them and their propaganda machine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/5/2024 at 7:04 AM, BillsFanNC said:

-Or-

Trump came to me looking for support.  We had a conversation, and if he wins, lots and lots of business and money are going to flow my way and I really like lots and lots of money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

-Or-

Trump came to me looking for support.  We had a conversation, and if he wins, lots and lots of business and money are going to flow my way and I really like lots and lots of money.

:lol:

That's right. The guy who already has more money than you can comprehend isn't motivated to beat government censorship but only to add the his incomprehensible fortune.

27 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

That's right. The guy who already has more money than you can comprehend isn't motivated to beat government censorship but only to add the his incomprehensible fortune.

People who have money tend to want more money. The laughing emoji you have is best suited to be laughing at yourself.

Lets see, a guy who is very rich who's actions show he is always wanting more money, will say things he admits himself are too optimistic about his company that tend to inflate its price, a guy who has a bit of an ego and likes being known as the richest person in the world....that guy makes a deal with a potential presidential candidate to get more business, more money, more attention..... 

-or-

Rich guy with an ego says he never cared about politics and all of a sudden does...and the fact he might get a lot of support for his businesses from the above candidate who he now supports...that is just a coincidence.

Occam's razor leads me to think its the former of the above, not the latter.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

People who have money tend to want more money. The laughing emoji you have is best suited to be laughing at yourself.

Another sock puppet. Spewing left wing lies. Go back under the rock you climbed out from.

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Right. Because Musk hasn't had his platform BANNED in one of the largest countries on the planet already.  But that could never happen here, right?

Make no mistake I'm laughing directly AT you.