Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

20 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Beane, McD, and Brady are taking a page out of Buck Showalter’s phrasebook:

”I like our guys.”

Sadly they've liked our guys for the past 3 seasons....

38 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Sadly they've liked our guys for the past 3 seasons....

It’s less about them liking our guys than Beane making a conscious decision to fully reset the salary situation this year and put the Bills in an advantageous position to make major moves in 2025. I mean, that seems freaking obvious at this point. Them not going after Simmons this summer even with their shaky safety situation was the dead giveaway.

Edited by dave mcbride

20 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Beane, McD, and Brady are taking a page out of Buck Showalter’s phrasebook:

”I like our guys.”

Buck helped build a dynasty in the Bronx.  

He and Stick Michael actually and the I like our guys philosophy is how the Yankees kept all the young talent they drafted in the early 90’s instead or trading it away. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It’s less about them liking our guys than Beane making a conscious decision to fully reset the salary situation this year and put the Bills in an advantageous position to make major moves in 2025. I mean, that seems freaking obvious at this point. Them not going after Simmons this summer even with their shaky safety situation was the dead giveaway.

Although I agree with your premise, I don’t think Simmons was the catalyst.  He signed for peanuts with Atlanta, Beane coulda easily fit him within the cap.  Obvious to me that the Bills are getting away from signing old players to big $ deals, it’s been a complete failure of a strategy to this point.  

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure what the Niners were thinking here. If they truly wanted to trade him, then trade him for whatever you can get.  If the plan was to ultimately sign him, then sign him.  Why cause animosity with the player, his teammates or future FA’s??  Makes no sense how they handled this.

28 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Not sure what the Niners were thinking here. If they truly wanted to trade him, then trade him for whatever you can get.  If the plan was to ultimately sign him, then sign him.  Why cause animosity with the player, his teammates or future FA’s??  Makes no sense how they handled this.

simple:

owner didn't want to trade him

player didn't like the team's initial offer...then he took their offer when he understood they were not going to honor his "official request" to be traded

this was on Aiyuk

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

simple:

owner didn't want to trade him

player didn't like the team's initial offer...then he took their offer when he understood they were not going to honor his "official request" to be traded

this was on Aiyuk

I wonder if the fact the Steelers are without a legitimate QB and subpar playoff hopes helped push him back? Money is money, but at some point you want to believe the player actually wants to win vs a payday….doubtful.

• Simon locked this topic