Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

Just now, Gregg said:

Next offseason we will have the cash. I expect (hope) Beane is aggressive in FA in bringing in a true #1 WR for Allen to throw to.

Should we start sowing the seeds of discontent among the WR1s in the league?

Maybe we can pick up a 'bargain basement - CFL' cast off. 🤔

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should we start sowing the seeds of discontent among the WR1s in the league?

Maybe we can pick up a 'bargain basement - CFL' cast off. 🤔

I have no idea who is a FA after the season. But if Beane has a chance to sign a top WR he has to do it no matter how this season plays out. This year feels like a reset where the Bills might take a step back. Next offseason the Bills will be able to reload not rebuild for 2025. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I have no idea who is a FA after the season. But if Beane has a chance to sign a top WR he has to do it no matter how this season plays out. This year feels like a reset where the Bills might take a step back. Next offseason the Bills will be able to reload not rebuild for 2025. 

I'm not sure I totally understand this line of thinking.  Given how teams can backload contracts, if the Bills truly wanted to make a move like this, they could. (at the deadline more likely due to lack of cap space)

We have some bigger contracts (potentially) coming off the books next year & the year after in Milano, Von and Knox.  Maybe you shift some money into future years and that means you can't re-sign Spencer Brown.

So, for me, it's kind of a "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" need for restraint to not immediately put yourself up against the cap VS if we plan on making a move like this next year, why waste a year of prime JA.. just do it now and get creative with future cap, knowing you have some bigger contracts you can shed in the next 1-2 years.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Spotrac says Bills cap space is $5.7 mil for 2024 and $3.5 for 2025

NFLPA says Bills cap space is $10.8 mil for 2024

guessing Aiyuk wants +$30 mil

that makes Aiyuk to buffalo a big NO

bills will be using day 1 and day 2 draft capital in 2025 to improve the WR group...plus bargain FA in 2024

if they were to pay aiyuk then i would start to believe what I read here about Bean not understanding wr.

Aiyuk is not worth the trade capital it would cost nor the money he is asking for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Start a go fund me page, raise $50 million dollars.  Buy a huge mansion and donate it to Aiyuk.  

I know you're being sarcastic but kind of a novel idea.   I looked and didnt see anything.  But I wonder if the NFL has rules against fans "donating" money to NFL players?  Particularly free agents?  NCAA does it.  America's entire political system is built on it.   

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I know you're being sarcastic but kind of a novel idea.   I looked and didnt see anything.  But I wonder if the NFL has rules against fans "donating" money to NFL players?  Particularly free agents?  NCAA does it.  America's entire political system is built on it.   

Want to try it and see the results?

Posted (edited)

Not saying it will be us trading for him, but with the Trent Williams news about wanting to get PAID.. I just don't see how the 49ers can also pay Aiyuk.  They have so many high level players on that team to go with the upcoming Brock Purdy decision/contract.

Edited by SCBills

Only losing franchises give up valuable draft picks and pay handsomely for that player by giving them a big, new contract.

We have a franchise QB that will soon be making 60+ mil per year. You have to build through the draft to have good players under cost control 

You'll get a shiny, new toy next offseason

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

52 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Spotrac says Bills cap space is $5.7 mil for 2024 and $3.5 for 2025

NFLPA says Bills cap space is $10.8 mil for 2024

guessing Aiyuk wants +$30 mil

that makes Aiyuk to buffalo a big NO

bills will be using day 1 and day 2 draft capital in 2025 to improve the WR group...plus bargain FA in 2024

Truth.

And no amount of "back loading" or "shifting money into future years" will change this reality.

I would like to hang onto the $10M Tre white money and see what’s out there at the trade deadline relative to greatest need, then package the Diggs second round pick.  Could be an edge or aiuyuk if SF collapses again due to injury, or metcalf if Seattle is going nowhere. 

• Like (+1) 1