Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

29 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Granted he was a #1 receiver but the DeAndre Hopkins thread was 282 pages.

The Odell Beckham Jr was 137 pages.

Zach Ertz, 63 pages.

Oh, you forget the Jeremy Maclin thread my friend :lol: That was 227 pages. 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Lamb gets to wait for another holdouts contract to likely drop too.  Jerry is negotiating against himself, and without him they have among the worst groups of WRs in the league.  

Jerry has been negotiating against himself for years. I think he does it more to keep himself and his team in the headlines. He should have done a deal with Dak last year and he should have made Lamb a priority in the Spring before all of these other WR contracts started dropping. He can't get out of his own way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Speaking to my steeler fan friends, they remain puzzled by this deal and all the hype. They don’t really want this guy.  

They are like a 3rd wheel in this and look kind of dumb. Seems like they a re the back up option

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Speaking to my steeler fan friends, they remain puzzled by this deal and all the hype. They don’t really want this guy.  

And if he gets traded there...they'll start going gaga.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/8/2024 at 2:58 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, I think it can hurt the team more than being an advantage. Especially when you are talking about $97M void years. If I was GM, I think I cap void years at $5M. Good way to find a little wiggle room, bad way to pay out big contracts.

Of course, if they expect to sign Hurts to a 3rd deal then it doesnt matter much because it all gets rewritten. I assume that is their thought process. But not sure Im sold on the long term viability of Hurts.

"*if* Expect to sign a 3rd deal"

$97m hit? He's getting a 3rd contract whether they want to or not! At minimum you're looking at him being ~33% of their cap that year lol

Can't believe ownership would sign off on it. Roseman plans on not being around by then if you ask me, pull a Sean Payton if Hurts is anything other than Montana in his prime that year!

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Yep, and fans keep bringing them up every year because they keep on doing it.  What has it got them?  They haven't made the playoffs since.

If you go down that road to win a SB and fail, it's best to dump everything and start over.

I don't see them winning their division again this season and they are in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL.

They are only able to maintain.  Imo the only reason Dennis Allen is HC no top candidate with options would want to go there.  No cap flexibility to flip the roster.  Have enough talent to avoid a season that gets you a top 5 pick but not enough to contend for a championship.  They are the drought Bills.

• Agree 1

No, no chance at all, 

2 minutes ago, T master said:

None ! Beane doesn't have that kind of capital available right now and doesn't want that kind of distraction going into the season .

Next offseason we will have the cash. I expect (hope) Beane is aggressive in FA in bringing in a true #1 WR for Allen to throw to.