Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

5 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Happens quite a bit then they sign back with the team they wanted traded from.. He’s leveraging the situation pretty good.  

Yep. Usually because they believe they’ll get offers from better teams than they do.

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

If the rumored 2nd and 3rd is what the 49ers want time to call them up

it was a 2nd, 3rd and amari cooper who would put up numbers equal to aiyuk in that offense.

I keep saying this but whatever team does this is going to regret it 2 years from now.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brandon-aiyuk-contract-extension-trade-rumors/1768034/

lmao

[Maiocco] The 49ers worked out a deal with the Browns in which they would acquire veteran receiver Amari Cooper, as well as second- and fifth-round draft picks for Aiyuk. However, the Browns were not one of Aiyuk’s preferred destinations, so the trade was not completed

Take these with a grain of salt...doesn't anyone remember when we "acquired" Antonio Brown and all the false stories around that when we never even made a trade offer?

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Take these with a grain of salt...doesn't anyone remember when we "acquired" Antonio Brown and all the false stories around that when we never even made a trade offer?

We never "made an offer" but we did have pretty advanced discussions with Pittsburgh around what it would take. 

On 8/9/2024 at 7:21 PM, Richard Noggin said:

How did Diggs rank leaguewide among WRs during his time here? (Better than pretty good.)

You raise important points, no doubt. But it wasn't ALL bad...

I'm inspired by your handle to perform an experiment.

Woodpecker.

Becker.

Decker.

20 hours ago, White Linen said:

The owner, GM and coaches smile and bro hug you and pretend they want a personal relationship with you.  They'll throw you out like yesterdays trash.

Same with a player.  Smile, bro hug back and let them in a little personally.  Then bend them over, when you get the chance.

Go on... then what happens?

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We never "made an offer" but we did have pretty advanced discussions with Pittsburgh around what it would take. 

I didn’t say we didn’t, I am referring to the false stories that persisted around this from even main media outlets that reported more things than actually happened.

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Brandon Ayiuk isn’t worth all this fuss

He’s a really good player, back to back 1000 yard seasons on a good efficiency including 1300 yards and 7TD’s. 

Ayiuk is also in his prime having just turned 26 in March. He’s not a complete “blue chip” top guy but he’s certainly a true WR1 type player whose market is justified.

That being said I don’t think the Bills will be able to afford him cap wise even if they wanted to back load the deal 

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Brandon Ayiuk isn’t worth all this fuss

Got some tidbits from someone that regularly speaks with GMs. Recent leaks are from SF and not completely accurate. They are trying to show SF in a good light and having been offered better comp than they were. Aiyuk and his agents overplayed their hands and rubbed teams the wrong way with demands and lack of willingness to negotiate. SF is currently the only option for Aiyuk. That could change if his camp’s tactics change, but there is no sign of that happening.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Got some tidbits from someone that regularly speaks with GMs. Recent leaks are from SF and not completely accurate. They are trying to show SF in a good light and having been offered better comp than they were. Aiyuk and his agents overplayed their hands and rubbed teams the wrong way with demands and lack of willingness to negotiate. SF is currently the only option for Aiyuk. That could change if his camp’s tactics change, but there is no sign of that happening.

These two things seem like exactly what is happening... SF is controlling the narrative and Team Aiyuk has overplayed their leverage.

Team Aiyuk wants their cake, some ice cream, some whipped cream, and to eat it too... 1) Tear up the 5th Year Option 2) Get more money 3) Play for a winning team 4) Play with a good QB

I understand players going for all they can but if I'm a GM I don't want this guy on my team.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

These two things seem like exactly what is happening... SF is controlling the narrative and Team Aiyuk has overplayed their leverage.

Team Aiyuk wants their cake, some ice cream, some whipped cream, and to eat it too... 1) Tear up the 5th Year Option 2) Get more money 3) Play for a winning team 4) Play with a good QB

I understand players going for all they can but if I'm a GM I don't want this guy on my team.

Yep. Nothing earth shattering, but nice to have some confirmation. 

• Agree 1