Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Saints are the poster child of exactly how NOT to manage a cap.  And its why they have stunk for so long and even in the Brees era missed the playoffs several times.

If Beane managed the cap the way the Saints do, I would be begging for him to get fired.  

Amen brother.  He pushed it some with Von Miller, Tre and Diggs' restructures (among a few other things).

I don't blame him for pushing to get the Lombardi.  That phase is over with, and he has moved on.

He quickly took measures this year and fixed it, which I personally give him credit for.

It would be "poetic justice" if him and McDermott bring home the trophy this season!

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Like I said, I have no idea why he would want to go to any of those teams that were rumored to be in on him.  It looks like he’s staying put.

Money is the obvious answer but if he's thinking of a 3rd contract it makes sense to nix the Pats and Browns.  I think he's trying SF to get within the ballpark of those deals.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/8/2024 at 8:40 AM, MikePJ76 said:

The vikings used the bills pick and landed a better player in justin jefferson.

in the end Diggs did the same thing in buffalo he did in minnesota, whined until they had to remove him from the locker room.  

Buffalo is taking a huge hit on the cap this year for him to play in Houston.  pretty sure that is the opposite of pretty good.

How did Diggs rank leaguewide among WRs during his time here? (Better than pretty good.)

You raise important points, no doubt. But it wasn't ALL bad...

9 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

How did Diggs rank leaguewide among WRs during his time here? (Better than pretty good.)

You raise important points, no doubt. But it wasn't ALL bad...

Yeah that take is over the top. The trade was absolutely a success, despite the ending. It's not as simple as diggs vs Jefferson

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Money is the obvious answer but if he's thinking of a 3rd contract it makes sense to nix the Pats and Browns.  I think he's trying SF to get within the ballpark of those deals.

He’s getting $14 million guaranteed from the 49ers this year. They are the far better team to maximize his season and then hit free agency next year and be able to choose which team he wants to go to and very likely get a better contract than he will now.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

He’s getting $14 million guaranteed from the 49ers this year. They are the far better team to maximize his season and then hit free agency next year and be able to choose which team he wants to go to and very likely get a better contract than he will now.

He wouldn't have requested a trade then.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Like I said, I have no idea why he would want to go to any of those teams that were rumored to be in on him.  It looks like he’s staying put.

The smart arse answer is more money, but I see what you're saying.

I would rather take a little bit less and play for a championship contender in a nice city opposed to go somewhere like Pitts or Cleveland 

• Haha (+1) 1

Has anyone considered the possibility that BA is being a whiny b****?

He’s on a rookie contract but calling all the shots. Only wants to play for a top contender… wants goat money. Have fun with that !

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that BA is being a whiny b****?

He’s on a rookie contract but calling all the shots. Only wants to play for a top contender… wants goat money. Have fun with that !

Absolutely not.  This is one of the most dangerous sports in the world.  Get paid while you can and use every tactic.

The owner, GM and coaches smile and bro hug you and pretend they want a personal relationship with you.  They'll throw you out like yesterdays trash.

Same with a player.  Smile, bro hug back and let them in a little personally.  Then bend them over, when you get the chance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brandon-aiyuk-contract-extension-trade-rumors/1768034/

lmao

[Maiocco] The 49ers worked out a deal with the Browns in which they would acquire veteran receiver Amari Cooper, as well as second- and fifth-round draft picks for Aiyuk. However, the Browns were not one of Aiyuk’s preferred destinations, so the trade was not completed

• Haha (+1) 2