Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

Pickens and Aiyuk (Jefferson as the 3rd) with Friermuth and Warren out of the backfield will definitely give Fields (he's going to be starting sooner rather than later imo) some very nice weapons if this happens. Definitely some firepower on Offense to keep up with the AFC North rivals. If this happens I'm picking up Fields late in fantasy drafts

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Aiyuk is, if anything, underrated.

I agree.  So many here are like “yeah Diggs put up 1200 yards and 8 TDs, but that’s only because he got 160 targets.  Meanwhile, Aiyuk put up 1350 yards and 7 TDs on 105 targets.  He put up WR1 numbers with incredible efficiency.  Compare that to Amon Ra who just got 4/$120 million after putting up 1500 yards and 10 TDs, but it took him 164 targets to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Oh, I didn't know the 49ers were trying to get another WR in return to go along with compensation in picks. No one is going to give them that. Aiyuk will likely be stuck this year then. I imagine that the demands are just a ploy by SF to keep Aiyuk and say "we tried". 

Rumor is that cleveland is offering cooper +2nd rd + another late rd for Aiyuk and a later rd

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can’t be serious stating as fact that Watson’s productive career is over.  Shirley you can’t be serious in pretending that Wilson has a better chance at resurgence than Watson.  And Shirley you can’t be serious completely writing off Richardson after a few games.

Don't know who Shirley is, but she surely sounds confident.

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

I agree.  So many here are like “yeah Diggs put up 1200 yards and 8 TDs, but that’s only because he got 160 targets.  Meanwhile, Aiyuk put up 1350 yards and 7 TDs on 105 targets.  He put up WR1 numbers with incredible efficiency.  Compare that to Amon Ra who just got 4/$120 million after putting up 1500 yards and 10 TDs, but it took him 164 targets to get there.

“So many here”…. You just can’t stop. 

I’m sure chiefs fans know better.

as a huge Aiyuk supporter, I promise he won’t have that kind of efficiency ever again in his career. As good as he is, he’s also playing in a shanahan offense for a team that ran the ball 3rd most % and the 4th highest ypc.  Lots of playaction success for Aiyuk.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Controversial view, I'd still trade Deebo to pay Aiyuk if it was me. But Deebo is such a specific Shanahan offense piece I can see why they aren't doing that.

It’s the correct take.

I have seen the argument that Deebo is more important to their offense than Aiyuk. Which may be true.

The question is who will be more valuable to their offense two years from now. And the answer is clearly Aiyuk.

This is a mistake by the Niners who will end up with an injured old Deebo and an offense with limited talent otherwise around a $40+M Brock Purdy. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s the correct take.

I have seen the argument that Deebo is more important to their offense than Aiyuk. Which may be true.

The question is who will be more valuable to their offense two years from now. And the answer is clearly Aiyuk.

This is a mistake by the Niners who will end up with an injured old Deebo and an offense with limited talent otherwise around a $40+M Brock Purdy. 

Seems to me like it was a mistake-  speaking of Deebos contract.  That is what looks to be standing in the way.  

Imo, Brock is looking at 53m+ if he plays like he did last season 

Just now, NewEra said:

Seems to me like it was a mistake-  speaking of Deebos contract.  That is what looks to be standing in the way.  

Imo, Brock is looking at 53m+ if he plays like he did last season 

Nah.

When Deebo was negotiating, Aiyuk hadn’t stepped up, and the end was near in regards to Jimmy G’s contract. Besides, a 3 year extension with $9M in savings if you cut the guy after year 2 is not really prohibitive at all.

Jeudy has a cap hit of $4M this season with an extension. Aiyuk’s will be a little higher probably but not much. The cap hit this year is not the problem. They are choosing between losing Aiyuk for picks this year or keeping Aiyuk and being forced to move on from Deebo next year.

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Rumors now Steelers won’t send someone back is impacting the deal.  

I said if they didn’t get Pickens back out of this I’d be shocked.  

My Steelers buddy said that it was friermouth. Or however you spell his name. But yeah this might be dead again lol. What a joke this whole thing has been. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

My Steelers buddy said that it was friermouth. Or however you spell his name. But yeah this might be dead again lol. What a joke this whole thing has been. 

Steelers would be dumb to send Friermuth or Pickens back in a trade, not worth it for what Aiyuk is asking.  I’d love to see the 49ers get stuck w Aiyuk at this point, but seems like it’s inevitable he’s going to be dealt for something by now.

12 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Trading for these guys is always the wrong move.

I thought the Bills did okay with the initial Diggs trade. 

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

They are a successful organization when you look at their history. They have 6 Super Bowl wins overall. Just three head coaches since 1969. Knoll, Cowher, and Tomlin. Tomlin is a good HC. He has never had a losing season with the Steelers. The Steelers are usually in the mix for the division or WC most years.

Was this written by the Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce

18 hours ago, Billl said:

Aiyuk’s career trajectory has been that of a rocket ship. 748 yards, 826 yards, 1015 yards, 1342 yards, and his targets haven’t really changed.  He only got 105 last season.  That’s nearly 13 yards per target which is absolutely incredible for someone who gets a high volume of passes his way.

The team that pays him will expect that number to go up and stay up and he may be the focal point of the offense wherever he goes.

He played in the best offensive system in the league.  I stand by my opinion that the niners will be fine and will replace him and their offense when williams and mcafferey are back will just keep doing what it does.  

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I thought the Bills did okay with the initial Diggs trade. 

Was this written by the Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce

The vikings used the bills pick and landed a better player in justin jefferson.

in the end Diggs did the same thing in buffalo he did in minnesota, whined until they had to remove him from the locker room.  

Buffalo is taking a huge hit on the cap this year for him to play in Houston.  pretty sure that is the opposite of pretty good.

• Disagree 1

49ers are may have had some 2nd thoughts about just taking the Pittsburg offer to move on. Steelers must think that Aiyuk only have eyes for them and thus not offering a good/reasonable package. As long as the 9ers don't just get too annoyed by the antics BA this could last a while. 

Edited by LLCoolCy