Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

59 minutes ago, H2o said:

The one team I don't see really mentioned, but the team that makes the most sense to me, is the Washington Commanders. They have $36M in cap space, just drafted whom they hope is their franchise QB, and this would give them three really good options at WR. McLaurin, Aiyuk, and Dotson would be a tough cover for defenses. 

I'm almost starting to think a trade doesn't happen though. Pearsall just got injured and McCaffrey is battling a calf injury. They don't want to give away arguably their top receiving talent to leave the cupboard bare. Also, the 49ers are seemingly asking for a steep return. 

Think they have said they are out....

1 hour ago, H2o said:

The one team I don't see really mentioned, but the team that makes the most sense to me, is the Washington Commanders. They have $36M in cap space, just drafted whom they hope is their franchise QB, and this would give them three really good options at WR. McLaurin, Aiyuk, and Dotson would be a tough cover for defenses. 

I'm almost starting to think a trade doesn't happen though. Pearsall just got injured and McCaffrey is battling a calf injury. They don't want to give away arguably their top receiving talent to leave the cupboard bare. Also, the 49ers are seemingly asking for a steep return. 

I agree that Aiyuk to washjngton makes sense for Washington.  Not sure if it makes sense for the niners unless they think Dotson can be a legit threat in their offense. The niners want a good WR in return + pick/s.  

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They just traded for Jeudy and gave him ridiculous contract a year after doing the same for Elijah Moore.

None of it matters as Watson is horrible. He is at best the 11th QB in the AFC and the worst QB in the division now that Steelers have Wilson. Only the Colts, Raiders, Denver, Titans, and Pats have worse situations. Best move they made all off season was signing Jameis Winston. He will probably be starting by week 8. 

No QB and unproven coach

Shirley you can’t be serious stating as fact that Watson’s productive career is over.  Shirley you can’t be serious in pretending that Wilson has a better chance at resurgence than Watson.  And Shirley you can’t be serious completely writing off Richardson after a few games.

15 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can’t be serious stating as fact that Watson’s productive career is over.  Shirley you can’t be serious in pretending that Wilson has a better chance at resurgence than Watson.  And Shirley you can’t be serious completely writing off Richardson after a few games.

I'm not persuaded Watson is going to bounce back at this stage but I think he is still likely better than Wilson. Wilson has been absolute trash the past two years. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not persuaded Watson is going to bounce back at this stage but I think he is still likely better than Wilson. Wilson has been absolute trash the past two years. 

I’m not at all saying Watson WILL bounce back but the other poster wrote as if it were established fact that he is done.  Silly.  Then he backpedaled about Richardson.  What would he have said about the Texans QB situation 365 days ago?  The bottom line is that some things are unknown and that’s just the way it is.  I’m no fan of Watson but people being angry at him does not cause  their desires for his career trajectory to magically manifest.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I want to go on the record that the niners will replace aiyuk and continue to run their offense (once everyone is healthy and returns) and basically not miss a beat and the team that pays aiyuk 30 million and gives up draft picks two years from now will be wondering how to get out of his contract.  

just my opinion.  Certain players look like the number 1 wr that everyone talks about instantly, I do not in my humble opinion see that in aiyuk.

Malik Nabers has that look about him already and hasn't played a game yet.  

Trading for these guys is always the wrong move.

Edited by MikePJ76

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I agree that Aiyuk to washjngton makes sense for Washington.  Not sure if it makes sense for the niners unless they think Dotson can be a legit threat in their offense. The niners want a good WR in return + pick/s.  

Oh, I didn't know the 49ers were trying to get another WR in return to go along with compensation in picks. No one is going to give them that. Aiyuk will likely be stuck this year then. I imagine that the demands are just a ploy by SF to keep Aiyuk and say "we tried". 

35 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

So I guess the 49ers are not getting a WR back in the trade. So a SB contender just got weaker. 

Yeah - oof.  If i took anyone it'd be their rookie 3rd.  Pearsall i guess plugs into the spot aiyuk plays - and is probably already plugged in there since aiyuk hasn't practiced.  

6 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yeah - oof.  If i took anyone it'd be their rookie 3rd.  Pearsall i guess plugs into the spot aiyuk plays - and is probably already plugged in there since aiyuk hasn't practiced.  

He has already been hurt and missed OTA's and is now hurt and Missing Training camp.

I imagine they make a secondary move or use the cuts to add a wr.  their system will make most wr productive.  I imagine by the time we hit november or late october whoever steps into that role will be fine in SF.

7 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Jauan Jennings maybe next man up since he was their 3rd WR last season. It will be interesting to see who wins out. 

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

He has already been hurt and missed OTA's and is now hurt and Missing Training camp.

I imagine they make a secondary move or use the cuts to add a wr.  their system will make most wr productive.  I imagine by the time we hit november or late october whoever steps into that role will be fine in SF.

Want a used Chase Claypool?  

34 minutes ago, zevo said:

Does aiyuk have ties to Pitt? Weird spot to want to go to

They are a successful organization when you look at their history. They have 6 Super Bowl wins overall. Just three head coaches since 1969. Knoll, Cowher, and Tomlin. Tomlin is a good HC. He has never had a losing season with the Steelers. The Steelers are usually in the mix for the division or WC most years.

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I want to go on the record that the niners will replace aiyuk and continue to run their offense (once everyone is healthy and returns) and basically not miss a beat and the team that pays aiyuk 30 million and gives up draft picks two years from now will be wondering how to get out of his contract.  

just my opinion.  Certain players look like the number 1 wr that everyone talks about instantly, I do not in my humble opinion see that in aiyuk.

Malik Nabers has that look about him already and hasn't played a game yet.  

Trading for these guys is always the wrong move.

Aiyuk’s career trajectory has been that of a rocket ship. 748 yards, 826 yards, 1015 yards, 1342 yards, and his targets haven’t really changed.  He only got 105 last season.  That’s nearly 13 yards per target which is absolutely incredible for someone who gets a high volume of passes his way.

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

So I guess the 49ers are not getting a WR back in the trade. So a SB contender just got weaker. 

According to Stiller fans, this comes from a highly unreliable source.

56 minutes ago, Billl said:

Aiyuk’s career trajectory has been that of a rocket ship. 748 yards, 826 yards, 1015 yards, 1342 yards, and his targets haven’t really changed.  He only got 105 last season.  That’s nearly 13 yards per target which is absolutely incredible for someone who gets a high volume of passes his way.

Aiyuk is, if anything, underrated.