Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

This dead horse's hindquarters are already thoroughly shredded, why do people keep thinking something will happen here

This board has moved on from wanting him to preemptively trashing whatever team signs him.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Rumor on Cleveland radio now is Aiyuk for Cooper and a #2 draft pick

Should just keep Cooper, extend him for another 2 years and pick a WR with the 2nd rounder.   You will end up with two wideouts for the price of one. 

Cleveland deserves everything it gets.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 2

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

1m

Sources: After inquiring about Brandon Aiyuk’s availability, the Patriots have decided not to explore any further trade possibilities with the 49ers regarding their standout wide receiver. Patriots are excited about their young receivers and want to focus on them.

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

1m

Sources: After inquiring about Brandon Aiyuk’s availability, the Patriots have decided not to explore any further trade possibilities with the 49ers regarding their standout wide receiver. Patriots are excited about their young receivers and want to focus on them.

Plus the conversations alone netted them a comp pick.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why? What is a 27 year old WR, coming off 1,342 yards, on only 75 catches, worth? 

Probably right around what Collins/Metcalf/Deebo are making which is ~$24M. He's not in the Jefferson/Hill class. It will be interesting to see how much he produces outside of SF.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Pats allegedly were going to give Aiyuk 30mil per year and he still didn’t want to go there.  

damn 

How things have changed. This is like the hot girl at school who hits 35 and suddenly looks like she's gone the distance with Apollo Creed

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Should just keep Cooper, extend him for another 2 years and pick a WR with the 2nd rounder.   You will end up with two wideouts for the price of one. 

Cleveland deserves everything it gets.

They just traded for Jeudy and gave him ridiculous contract a year after doing the same for Elijah Moore.

None of it matters as Watson is horrible. He is at best the 11th QB in the AFC and the worst QB in the division now that Steelers have Wilson. Only the Colts, Raiders, Denver, Titans, and Pats have worse situations. Best move they made all off season was signing Jameis Winston. He will probably be starting by week 8. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Pats allegedly were going to give Aiyuk 30mil per year and he still didn’t want to go there.  

damn 

No QB and unproven coach

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Controversial view, I'd still trade Deebo to pay Aiyuk if it was me. But Deebo is such a specific Shanahan offense piece I can see why they aren't doing that.

Agreed…..but I think they’d take on an additional 13-14M in cap if they trade him. Don’t think they can take that on. Dead cap hit is 42.7M this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The one team I don't see really mentioned, but the team that makes the most sense to me, is the Washington Commanders. They have $36M in cap space, just drafted whom they hope is their franchise QB, and this would give them three really good options at WR. McLaurin, Aiyuk, and Dotson would be a tough cover for defenses. 

I'm almost starting to think a trade doesn't happen though. Pearsall just got injured and McCaffrey is battling a calf injury. They don't want to give away arguably their top receiving talent to leave the cupboard bare. Also, the 49ers are seemingly asking for a steep return. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They just traded for Jeudy and gave him ridiculous contract a year after doing the same for Elijah Moore.

None of it matters as Watson is horrible. He is at best the 11th QB in the AFC and the worst QB in the division now that Steelers have Wilson. Only the Colts, Raiders, Denver, Titans, and Pats have worse situations. Best move they made all off season was signing Jameis Winston. He will probably be starting by week 8. 

No QB and unproven coach

I like the Colts situation better than the Browns at the QB position.