Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

No indication of the amount of draft capital being offered by the two teams…I wonder if it will be a host of picks going back and forth, like the Diggs trade.

Good question. I’d love to know what the deals look like. It’ll be a WR plus additional player and/or draft pick compensation. SF can’t just take picks if they want to compete for a SB this season. They need someone to replace Aiyuk to some degree. That likely would be Amari Cooper from Cleveland as I doubt Moore moves the needle for them. The Patriots would probably include former 9er, Kendrick Bourne. I don’t see another realistic option there. So much on the pick side will be determined by what WR goes back to SF. Also there’s the money angle. Cleveland just reworked Cooper’s contract so they might want SF to do the same for Aiyuk so they offset. Or they could lower the pick comp. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Big deal--they lost to AZ, NE and Indy in December with Watt.  Zero chance they beat the Bills in the playoffs with Watts.

They aren't getting to SB with Tomlin and that QB room.

lol- who said they’d beat us?  I also said that I didn’t see them as a contenders.  But don’t mention that.  The typical WEO post.  Bold one statement and put words in someone mouth regarding that statement 

I said that they had a good season with a negative at QB and a terrible OC. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He nearly made it Duck Hodges and Rudolph one year. Tomlin is a good coach who gets the most out of his roster each year 

Agreed.  He’s good and they have a good team-  they lack a franchise QB.  

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol- who said they’d beat us?  I also said that I didn’t see them as a contenders.  But don’t mention that.  The typical WEO post.  Bold one statement and put words in someone mouth regarding that statement 

I said that they had a good season with a negative at QB and a terrible OC. 

Agreed.  He’s good and they have a good team-  they lack a franchise QB.  

It makes a blockbuster trade for Aiyuk now kinda silly though from a team building perspective.

The Browns make more sense as they are tied to Watson as the guy, even though he sucks. They kinda have to try to make it work and blow it all up in 26 if it doesn't.

20 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

The Steelers need to tank for a franchise QB.  

They don't, actually.

You can get franchise QB's without tanking.

What you do need to do is make a concerted, multi-year investment in acquiring a potential franchise QB. Which they refuse to do because they love winning 8-9 games and getting smoked in the WC round.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It makes a blockbuster trade for Aiyuk now kinda silly though from a team building perspective.

The Browns make more sense as they are tied to Watson as the guy, even though he sucks. They kinda have to try to make it work and blow it all up in 26 if it doesn't.

They don't, actually.

You can get franchise QB's without tanking.

What you do need to do is make a concerted, multi-year investment in acquiring a potential franchise QB. Which they refuse to do because they love winning 8-9 games and getting smoked in the WC round.

I’m not saying Pittsburgh is the ideal spot.

I’m saying that they don’t suck as much as someone said they did.  Besides, they’ve already dropped out as they didn’t want to give the niners what they wanted.  

I agree that Cleveland makes much more sense.  Makes more sense for the niners too as cooper would be great on that team imo.  Whichever WR they would’ve gotten from the Steelers wouldn’t be nearly as good. Similar to the niners getting Bourne from the Pats (and I really like Bourne).  They’d be much better off with Cooper.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m saying that they don’t suck as much as someone said they did.  Besides, they’ve already dropped out as they didn’t want to give the niners what they wanted.  

I agree that Cleveland makes much more sense.  Makes more sense for the niners too as cooper would be great on that team imo.  Whichever WR they would’ve gotten from the Steelers wouldn’t be nearly as good. Similar to the niners getting Bourne from the Pats (and I really like Bourne).  They’d be much better off with Cooper.  

I'm just not sure that Aiyuk makes the Browns all that much better. It's more making a splash just to make a splash. I'm just not sure how much better Aiyuk is than Cooper. Aiyuk's been in an incredible system where he has never seen a double team. That all changes at the clear #1 in Cleveland. Also, Cleveland is where WR careers go to die. It's like that one storefront where restaurant after restaurant fails. Each new owner thinks that their great idea will be the one to change that trend. Sometimes, it is the location.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh I know, just having a discussion!

Pickens is really good imo but probably wouldn't be sent back or even Shanny's choice as a WR because of his headspace. 

Aiyuk is actually crazy because there were lots of whispers coming out that he was in Shanny's doghouse and on the trading block in 21 because he wouldn't buy in to run blocking. They stuck with him, he bought in a bit, and he blossomed and he's back on his way out. Things change fast.

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I'm just not sure that Aiyuk makes the Browns all that much better. It's more making a splash just to make a splash. I'm just not sure how much better Aiyuk is than Cooper. Aiyuk's been in an incredible system where he has never seen a double team. That all changes at the clear #1 in Cleveland. Also, Cleveland is where WR careers go to die. It's like that one storefront where restaurant after restaurant fails. Each new owner thinks that their great idea will be the one to change that trend. Sometimes, it is the location.

If I was the Browns, I would try to keep Cooper too.

Go all in on making the Watson experiment work. If it's a bust (which it likely will be) jettison everybody for assets.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

It would be a long term play by the Browns. Aiyuk is 26 and would have a long term deal in place. Cooper is 30 and will be a FA after this season. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

A poster pointed out to you that the Bills crushed the Steelers in the playoffs.

Specific to this, you replied: "They played the playoff game against us without their entire franchise, TJ Watt."....clearly implying the lack of "their entire franchise" is why they lost.  There would be no other reason for you to say that (in your own words, by the way) in response to the poster.

Now, you are pretending that's not what you meant (with your words).

No one runs away from their own nonsense quicker than you...

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Bulldog was perplexed yesterday as to why Shefter, Rapaport & other insiders weren’t reporting on Aiyuk trade to the Steelers.  

Well…maybe it’s because it wasn’t a done deal. 

I think that of the teams involved, the Patriots would have to offer him the biggest contract to go there. As for the Steelers, the last I heard was that they didn’t meet SF’s price. 

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

RUMOR: Patriots to send Matthew Judon, Kendrick Bourne, 2025 2nd round pick for Aiyuk. Done deal.

I think this lends credence to Aiyuk going to the Patriots. If I were the Browns I’d sure leak something like this if I knew I didn’t get him. 

Edit: Their feed also gives better odds to the Patriots and states that they are offering more money. 

Edited by BarleyNY

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I thought that the Bills would try to get Judon. He doesn’t really fit the Pats timeline 

It also is one of the few moves I've seen proposed that actually help the 49ers THIS season.

It's nice to get a draft pick next year and all, but they're firmly in their Super Bowl window NOW. Trading Aiyuk would hurt, but if they could get a high quality pass rusher in return, a replacement receiver who knows their system (albeit an inferior one), AND a draft pick for next year, all while sending him to the AFC and, in all reality, a non-contender?

That's a win for the 49ers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

It also is one of the few moves I've seen proposed that actually help the 49ers THIS season.

It's nice to get a draft pick next year and all, but they're firmly in their Super Bowl window NOW. Trading Aiyuk would hurt, but if they could get a high quality pass rusher in return, a replacement receiver who knows their system (albeit an inferior one), AND a draft pick for next year, all while sending him to the AFC and, in all reality, a non-contender?

That's a win for the 49ers.

Agreed

I am high on Bourne. He’s as good as anyone that the Bills have currently (imo). He’s a quality WR. He isn’t Ayiuk but Deebo, Pearsall and Bourne is a strong room. Judon on that defense is crazy. They will be tough and still have the pick for next season if this deal happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Looks like the Patriots have a deal in place.     These teams gotta stop sending good players to the AFC East. 

On the one hand, Aiyuk, Polk, Baker, Douglas, and Osborne is an outstanding WR room. Really good.

On the other hand, I'd be happy to see Judon go, if that's the move. I like the thought of Josh Allen having to outscore Drake Maye better than I like the thought of him being chased by Matt Judon twice a year (past successes against Judon notwithstanding).