Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't think Tomlin has had a losing season since he has been there. Their defense is really good so I would expect the Steelers to be a competitive team. 

I mean…I guess. If you think a washed Russ or sack/turnover prone Fields are the guys to get you there then sure. Can’t just be about money because I’d bet there are plenty of suitors to pay him. I’m not wasting my prime topping out at a wild card or division round playoff game with the black and yellow. I’m demanding to work something out with a team with a top 5 QB if I’m him. 

5 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I mean…I guess. If you think a washed Russ or sack/turnover prone Fields are the guys to get you there then sure. Can’t just be about money because I’d bet there are plenty of suitors to pay him. I’m not wasting my prime topping out at a wild card or division round playoff game with the black and yellow. I’m demanding to work something out with a team with a top 5 QB if I’m him. 

Well that would exclude the other 2 teams rumored to be in on him. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well that would exclude the other 2 teams rumored to be in on him. 

Yep. And if that’s the case I’m playing one more year for the Niners on my current deal with them agreeing not to tag me. Then hitting the open market at 27 next year in free agency. 

Edited by Blank Stare
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Did you notice mason Rudolph lead them to the playoffs last season?

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I remember them in the playoffs, I loved watching them in the playoffs last year

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yes. And I also remember us kicking their ass in the playoffs.

Truth is they were incredibly fortunate to get in and the fact that they made the playoffs last year with Mason Rudolph doesn’t really dispel any of my concerns if I’m Brandon Aiyuk. Not with the Steelers current QB situation. Even though it’s a tad better situation than last year on paper, they aren’t likely to get past the conference heavyweights. I guess their D could get hot for a few games in the playoffs, but I wouldn’t bank on that if I’m Aiyuk.  

28 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Yes. And I also remember us kicking their ass in the playoffs.

Truth is they were incredibly fortunate to get in and the fact that they made the playoffs last year with Mason Rudolph doesn’t really dispel any of my concerns if I’m Brandon Aiyuk. Not with the Steelers current QB situation. Even though it’s a tad better situation than last year on paper, they aren’t likely to get past the conference heavyweights. I guess their D could get hot for a few games in the playoffs, but I wouldn’t bank on that if I’m Aiyuk.  

Say what you want about the Steelers- they went 5-1 in a great division with maybe the worst starting qb in the league.  They played the playoff game against us without their entire franchise, TJ Watt.  They had the worst OC in the league and now have an OC that fits their persona.  They’re  much better than you are pretending to know.  It’s a much better situation this year.  Russell Wilson/fields are clearly better than Mason Rudolph.  TJ may actually play in the playoffs.  If they replace Dj with a player like Aiyuk, their chances are much better.  

Do I think they’re a Sb contender? Not so much, but I didn’t think the 18 eagles were either.  

If Brandon Aiyuk doesn’t want to go there, he won’t.  It’s that simple.  

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Say what you want about the Steelers- they went 5-1 in a great division with maybe the worst starting qb in the league.  They played the playoff game against us without their entire franchise, TJ Watt.  They had the worst OC in the league and now have an OC that fits their persona.  They’re  much better than you are pretending to know.  It’s a much better situation this year.  Russell Wilson/fields are clearly better than Mason Rudolph.  TJ may actually play in the playoffs.  If they replace Dj with a player like Aiyuk, their chances are much better.  

Do I think they’re a Sb contender? Not so much, but I didn’t think the 18 eagles were either.  

I don’t disagree with any of this. My original post was more about being befuddled that he’d even want to go there vs. another team with a more legitimate shot at the ring (he’s been strangely hyping the Steelers this offseason). Keep in mind, he has that opportunity with his current team. Cannot fathom why he’d sign up to take what appears to be a downgrade.

If I’m him, I go back to the Niners and say, these other teams that are interested are mid. If you aren’t willing to deal me to a team with a stud QB, then I’ll stay and play with you on my current deal for one more year if you agree not to tag me. Cash in next year on a team of my choosing when they have max $ at the start of free agency to offer. 

Edited by Blank Stare
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Curtis Samuel got the 4th most guaranteed in FA this year fwiw.  By salary its a downgrade from gabes 13M aav to samuels 8M aav - but i don't think its much of a downgrade in the football player.  If you compare him to diggs, its more of a downgrade in the lineup, but diggs at age 31 isn't necessarily the same diggs as he was before.  It's sort of a buy low into the player you think Samuel could be - while trading for Diggs was more of the big move with Aiyuk.  You can make that Aiyuk type move with the QB rookie contract, but i'm not sure you can with the substantial QB cap hits.  

Coleman as a rookie is also probably a downgrade from gabe, but it could also potentially be an upgrade as we've seen enough of gabe to know he was an imperfect player (drops, incorrect routes, random invisible weeks).  So its hard to just say its an upgrade, but from what i've seen/heard in camp, the kids going to be on the field and he's going to make plays.  

all good points, none i disagree with. i guess ive seen Beane kinda hone in on remaking one position group heavily per year..... corners were done, safeties his first year, OL last year, this year felt like WRs turn. i didnt expect Chase/Higgins on the team, but was hoping we'd be more aggressive. i like our moves, still think we need a dominant ass #1 or a move up for Odunze type guy... not that i dislike Coleman. i like the getting bigger tougher for playoffs we've seen so far.

hopefully next year we can snag josh his crown jewel and get him a ring. i expect to be competitive but not SB team expectations like last 2 pre-seasons

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

I don’t disagree with any of this. My original post was more about being befuddled that he’d even want to go there vs. another team with a more legitimate shot at the ring (he’s been strangely hyping the Steelers this offseason). Keep in mind, he has that opportunity with his current team. Cannot fathom why he’d sign up to take what appears to be a downgrade.

If I’m him, I go back to the Niners and say, these other teams that are interested are mid. If you aren’t willing to deal me to a team with a stud QB, then I’ll stay and play with you on my current deal for one more year if you agree not to tag me. Cash in next year on a team of my choosing when they have max $ at the start of free agency to offer. 

Copy that.

He has the ability to say all of that to the niners-  it just doesn’t sound like that’s what he saying.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s up to Aiyuk at this point.  

he was talking like he’s be Justin Jefferson if he was given the targets.   Ken Dorsey is known to feed one diva that wants the ball. I can’t see him choosing NE

• Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

With the Browns he gets Watson at QB (maybe) and with the Pats  he gets ?? Enjoy the regular season money Brandon

i think playoff game checks are only like $40k😂😂 

some guys might prefer a shorter season all things considered

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s up to Aiyuk at this point.  

he was talking like he’s be Justin Jefferson if he was given the targets.   Ken Dorsey is known to feed one diva that wants the ball. I can’t see him choosing NE

Oh shoot I almost forgot Ken Dorsey is the OC for Cleveland 

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

i think playoff game checks are only like $40k😂😂 

some guys might prefer a shorter season all things considered

I absolutely believe this.

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Looks like something will finally pop with Aiyuk. SF finally seems motivated to make it happen. 

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/brandon-aiyuk-trade-cleveland-browns-new-england-patriots/1765964/

Source: 49ers have Aiyuk trade framework with Browns, Patriots

No indication of the amount of draft capital being offered by the two teams…I wonder if it will be a host of picks going back and forth, like the Diggs trade.

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Big deal--they lost to AZ, NE and Indy in December with Watt.  Zero chance they beat the Bills in the playoffs with Watts.

They aren't getting to SB with Tomlin and that QB room.