Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

7 hours ago, Iraq Vet said:

McBEAN, DON'T DO IT!!!.... Save our draft picks and cap space for 2025.  We need to let this play out...  This is not a SB year... It will be a a fun year though. But next year, lay it on the line!

We need to know if the defense is ok with all of the loses and replacements.  We need to know about these WR's.  What if some of this works?  Then you can be really focus in 2025 in filling the holes using cap space and trading. 

Every year is a Superbowl year with 17 

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

No way he brings back a first.  If Brian Burnes at a more important position in the prime of his career can't return a first you would have to be mental to offer a 1st for a guy demanding to be traded.  

Anyone who gives up a 1st for this guy is crazy.

The Giants gave up the 39th pick for him (plus a 5th).  What will our pick if the 49ers were guessing?  No higher than 26th next year if they gave us a bonafide #1WR that turns this team into Super Bowl favorites with the Chiefs.  It wouldn't be that far off.

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

Granting permission to seek a trade is like granting permission to seek parole.  

The player can say “I want to be traded to the X’s”.  It doesn’t matter. His team will decide  where he goes or if he is traded at all.  That’s it.

I truly don’t know why some of you are struggling with this.  Players don’t make trades—even if they ask very politely.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The player can say “I want to be traded to the X’s”.  It doesn’t matter. His team will decide  where he goes or if he is traded at all.  That’s it.

I truly don’t know why some of you are struggling with this.  Players don’t make trades—even if they ask very politely.

You're original question was what was the point of asking for a trade. I answered it. Then you began arguing who actually makes the trade. Stick to the point. I gave several examples of players requesting trades and the team granting permission for the player to seek the trade, yet you can't get it through your head.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, this is kind of funny because my wife is a die hard Niners fan, and we were watching episodes 2 and 3 of "Receiver" on Netflix last night where 2nd episode is all on Davante and JJ.  She is fed up with Aiyuk drama and the first thing she said was I wish we would just trade Aiyuk to the Raiders so we they can give us Davante because he is so good.  

As an avid football fan, she also knows "rumors" more often than not are nothing, so she won't get too excited about this.  But she is at least gonna love that someone somewhere is at least mentioning it as a possibility lol

lol I binged that whole show the last couple of days. Great group of guys and great families. I need to search for a thread...

But yeah, would seem like a no-brainer and would keep Adams out of the division, so that would be a great trade.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol I binged that whole show the last couple of days. Great group of guys and great families. I need to search for a thread...

But yeah, would seem like a no-brainer and would keep Adams out of the division, so that would be a great trade.

We loved "Quarterback" so we were already hyped for "Receivers", but for obvious reasons, my wife was double amped with Kittle and Deebo on it given shes a die hard Niners fan.  My wife really loved Cousins on "Quarterback" and his wife and family and now roots for him unless playing the Niners or Bills lol.  

And they all have absolutely great families and have been fun to watch.  Kittle is hilarious too.  All those parents and dad's coming to Davantes daughter bday party not knowing her dad was Davante too was pretty funny lol.  

We watched the first episode like a few days ago and just had not gotten a chance to comeback to it until last night where we watched the next 2.  I have no doubt we will binge the rest over the next couple of days though lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Giants gave up the 39th pick for him (plus a 5th).  What will our pick if the 49ers were guessing?  No higher than 26th next year if they gave us a bonafide #1WR that turns this team into Super Bowl favorites with the Chiefs.  It wouldn't be that far off.

39 is a 2.  The bills at most should give a 2nd and I would never offer them the minnesota 2 buffalo has.  First round picks bring an extra year to the deal.  The bills are in no shape to be moving premium picks for veteran players who want 30 million dollars a year.  

And again, Burnes plays the more important position and he couldn't get a first round pick.  Giving up a 1 to the niners would be complete insanity for buffalo.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally a shiny object has come baaaaaaaaaaaack to TBD!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

39 is a 2.  The bills at most should give a 2nd and I would never offer them the minnesota 2 buffalo has.  First round picks bring an extra year to the deal.  The bills are in no shape to be moving premium picks for veteran players who want 30 million dollars a year.  

And again, Burnes plays the more important position and he couldn't get a first round pick.  Giving up a 1 to the niners would be complete insanity for buffalo.  

The Bills gave up a 1st and a 4th for Diggs.  Aiyuk is at least as good as he was at the time of the trade.  How is giving up a first insanity?  Especially when we have two 2nds and the 1st will be near the end of the first round.  This offense will regress without a true #1 WR.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

14 hours ago, Herc11 said:

You're original question was what was the point of asking for a trade

who actually makes the trade

fixed that post for you--the answer is right there. that and it's obvious the team already has considered it before it was requested.

the simple fact remains that the team doesn't have to honor the request--and because of this, the request  serves no purpose.  

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure what rock you live by, but many player make their own trade. Just look at Marshawn Lynch in Buffalo. He literally walked up to Marv Levy and said I want out. Marv had him out in 2 days. Woods from Buffalo also requested a trade. Happened fast. If a player is disgruntled and wants out - he is out and getting moved. Only old stumpy GM's/owners hold on to them to prove a power point. (See Steelers). Happens all the time. Ayouk is as good as gone...

22 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Not sure what rock you live by, but many player make their own trade. Just look at Marshawn Lynch in Buffalo. He literally walked up to Marv Levy and said I want out. Marv had him out in 2 days. Woods from Buffalo also requested a trade. Happened fast. If a player is disgruntled and wants out - he is out and getting moved. Only old stumpy GM's/owners hold on to them to prove a power point. (See Steelers). Happens all the time. Ayouk is as good as gone...

in every case the team had clearly already considered a trade--how else did they find a partner so quick.  Lynch, like Diggs, had become a problem.  Diggs didn't even have to "request a trade"--they just shipped him. 

In the 49ers case--they aren't even talking to Aiyuk's reps.  They feel they don't have to.  Are you really suggesting that his request is the first time they have considered trading him??  Or that they didn't expect that would be his next move?   

under what rock....?

• Disagree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 5:12 AM, MR8 said:

The bigger concern for me is them not double or even triple dipping at WR in the draft to try and rebuild the room organically like the Bengals have done year over year. They put a lot of eggs in one basket with Coleman and I'll never understand not even taking a late flier when we had a gazillion late picks. 

Great post regarding Diggs and Aiyuk.

To your concerns, the Bills used their first pick in the last 2 drafts on receivers for Josh. And…

On 7/17/2024 at 6:07 AM, oldmanfan said:

The fliers were guys like Claypool and Hamler and MVS.

…  not to mention the signings of Curtis Samuel, Mack Hollins, Zach Davidson, and the continued development of Shavers.

Whether these moves work out, the Bills were aggressive in revamping the room.

On 7/17/2024 at 6:46 AM, Iraq Vet said:

McBEAN, DON'T DO IT!!!.... Save our draft picks and cap space for 2025.  We need to let this play out...  This is not a SB year... It will be a a fun year though. But next year, lay it on the line!

On 7/17/2024 at 9:22 AM, eball said:

Part of me wants to agree with you, but I think Beane and McDermott know that it would be criminal to “waste” even a single season of Josh Allen in his prime.  They are trying to win the whole damn thing this year as well.

On 7/17/2024 at 2:26 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Every year is a Superbowl year with 17 

Expectations outside the building are lower than they’ve been in the last few seasons but I’m pretty sure the Bills are not lowering their goals.

I’m certainly not either.

• Like (+1) 1

How are the Browns always involved in these big money FA’s?

I reserve the right to regret this (hopefully not), but I feel pretty good with our WR room right now.   I’d rather see what they’ve got and draft another WR early next year - just keep filling the pipeline that way, especially if Shakir blows up.  

If we’re going to spend, just complete the defense and sign Justin Simmons to shore up the only questionable position group. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

My goal is Shakir, Kincaid, Coleman, Samuel all look like they are capable of being 1000 yard pass catchers but the ball is spread around so much that no-one reaches 850, and they all remain affordable. That is the hack on the system.