Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t think we have the cap to do this right? If we did make a move like this, I would hope it would be more of a long term move. This isn’t the year to go all in.

The new deal would have to greatly minimize the 2024 cap.

I just don't want to give up a 1st.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

That’s a lot to put on a 2nd year TE, not that he can’t handle it but should he? 

He’s not going to have a choice. Barring a trade for somebody I think the offense is def going through him too

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree with all of this. The Niners & Raiders will want alot. Likely multiple high picks. Then there's managing the cap. Landing one of these guys would immediately vault our pass catcher group to top 10.  I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see BB try. 

Adams is doable.. ASSUMING, he will play on his current deal.  Aiyuk wants top dollar on a new deal and that’s just not in the cards.  Adams SHOULD come cheaper as he is older too, but who knows.  I’d flip the Raiders a second and change for him, no problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Adams is doable.. ASSUMING, he will play on his current deal.  Aiyuk wants top dollar on a new deal and that’s just not in the cards.  Adams SHOULD come cheaper as he is older too, but who knows.  I’d flip the Raiders a second and change for him, no problem. 

Adams would want a new deal, and the acquiring team would want to give him a new deal - Adams is scheduled to make $35M the next two years.  That is the motivation for the Raiders to move him.  They never intended to pay him his inflated 2025 salary. 

D Adams would be amenable to being traded because his new deal would get more upfront guaranteed money.  And the Bills should be a great candidate because we have no WR1 and Josh Allen as the QB.-  Great spot for him on his quest for the HOF.

And Davante Adams was on the sideline live on TV screaming he wanted out like a year ago. He can request all he wants. That doesn't mean he's going to be moved. The percentage of players who have requested to be traded vs. actually *are* traded isn't great. Not to say it won't happen. Just to say this doesn't change a whole lot in my mind. I think it's obvious he's wanted out for months now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree with all of this. The Niners & Raiders will want alot. Likely multiple high picks. Then there's managing the cap. Landing one of these guys would immediately vault our pass catcher group to top 10.  I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see BB try. 

Next offseason the Bills have two 2nd rounders and three 4th rounders next draft along with all our other picks in the other rounds.  They will have a much better cap situation as well with Diggs not having all that dead money and being able to get out of Von's deal overall.  So just seems like Beane has set the table to make a big move or two next year and not sure he is looking to make one now.  

But, what we do know about Beane is that he is not afraid to make a move if he feels its the right one for the team, so wouldn't rule it out either even though I am doubtful he makes this move now.  And Aiyuk reportedly also wants $30M a year, plus you still have the draft capital to factor in...so does Beane see him as the kind of player worth that kind of investment is the other unknown factor.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We wouldn't "see BB try" unless he landed him. I'd bet dollars to donuts he's talked to San Fran about Aiyuk and LV about Adams this offseason already. 

43 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

He’s not going to have a choice. Barring a trade for somebody I think the offense is def going through him too

I agree which is why we should have a #1 WR. Banking on a 2nd year TE to add almost 60 more targets is pretty much the same as force feeding Diggs accept Diggs was a veteran.

1 hour ago, iccrewman112 said:

from my understanding Aiyuk has big YAC. No receiver has really had good YAC with Josh. Maybe Josh or maybe the routes and system. But I’m not sure Aiyuk is the best fit for this offense.

I think thats the premise of the Shanahan offense, lots of YAC so would be interesting to see BA in a non-Shanahan offense…he certainly has the speed and route running to take over Diggs spot. 

Pure speculation on our part anyways. 

1 hour ago, BufBills83 said:

A first and a second?  No way.  I would be ok with a 2nd but that's the max compensation I would give.

He'll go for at least a 1st and you're biding against pry 5 to 10 other teams.  I just think about it as a 1st and Diggs for Aiyuk.  I've been a huge fan of his since college and think he'd be a bonafide top five #1 WR with Allen.  Think he's at least on par with 2020 Diggs on what he'll give you the next five years.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I agree which is why we should have a #1 WR. Banking on a 2nd year TE to add almost 60 more targets is pretty much the same as force feeding Diggs accept Diggs was a veteran.

I am doubtful they see Kincaid getting 60 more targets this year, that would put him over 150 and near what Diggs got last year.  Their motto has been "everyone eats", so seems they plan to be less heavy on anyone player and spread the extra targets around more.  

Now I do think Shakir could see 40-60 more targets this year, but that is because he only had 45 last year yet still finished with 38 rec for 611 yards and they have talked about him as having a much bigger role this year.  So in a bigger role him getting 85-105 targets isn't an unreasonable expectation.  

48 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I agree that Adams is doable cap wise and also provides the vet + stud option at WR. Next year, with more money coming available, the Bills will have more options for the premium positions. They can choose to spend top pick and money on WR , DE (to replace Miller) etc 

We will also have an idea of where Coleman is trending (up or down) . Adams just needs to be a solid option for next 2 seasons. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

4 hours ago, Billl said:

He’s on the last year of his contract.  There’s nothing to restructure.  They’d have to give him a long term extension in order to free up money in 2024, and it would be massive.

So adding years to the contract and lowering the cap hit for 2024 isn't restructuring his current contract?

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what's the point of requesting a trade?  it's the team's prerogative--and it's likely they have already considered it.  their price isn't out there so they are holding pat for now.  they got him for another year

The threat of being a distraction for the team going forward.  

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

I just love how 20-30 players at every position want to be paid top-5 salaries. 🙄

Aim high, strike while the iron is hot, swing for the fences, etc.

What have you got to lose in Aiyuk's situation?  

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He'll go for at least a 1st and you're biding against pry 5 to 10 other teams.  I just think about it as a 1st and Diggs for Aiyuk.  I've been a huge fan of his since college and think he'd be a bonafide top five #1 WR with Allen.  Think he's at least on par with 2020 Diggs on what he'll give you the next five years.  

His $30m ask plus the draft compensation is going to limit the teams interested IMHO, so I am not so sure he has as many suitors as you suggested.  And I think if the Niners could get a 1st and 2nd they would have already pulled the trigger because that is getting into the "an offer they can't refuse" territory for a WR, especially for one while very good isn't in the consensus top 5 of his own position.

• Agree 1