Brandon Aiyuk officially requests a trade

SCBills

what's the point of requesting a trade?  it's the team's prerogative--and it's likely they have already considered it.  their price isn't out there so they are holding pat for now.  they got him for another year

• Disagree 1

The Niners still don't have to trade him. The Bengals told both Tee Higgins and Trey Hendrickson to pound sand and that's what I think the Niners will do here. Shannahan is a big enough personality to handle a disgruntled player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s on now, let the thread page count commence…💯. Total side note, who actually believes the trade request was “respectful?” 😁

I read that and laughed

"Sir, you can go F yourself...........Respectfully" 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Haha (+1) 3

Adding Aiyuk or Adams would immediately transform our pass catchers to a top 8ish group IMO. Having a legit #1 outside WR on the roster changes everything. Shakir and Samuel would have much more favorable matchups. MVS and Claypool would be fighting it out for the 6th spot instead of both likely seeing a significant amount of targets. Coleman could be eased in. Hollins could mainly just focus on special teams.

I hope Beane at least tries. He tried to give Arik Armstead the same money that Jacksonville gave him. Use that money and give Allen the caliber of weapons that he deserves.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I expect the Steelers or Commanders to be the destination if he gets traded.

I will echo @HappyDays and say that adding a guy like Aiyuk would transform the entire offense and have a ripple effect, the likes of which its tough to overstate the potential ramifications.

Unfortunately, I don't think Beane is particularly keen on handing out a $30 million receiver contract right after he just got out of the Diggs contract, and I also think he's happy with the current WR room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 11

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Adding Aiyuk or Adams would immediately transform our pass catchers to a top 8ish group IMO. Having a legit #1 outside WR on the roster changes everything. Shakir and Samuel would have much more favorable matchups. MVS and Claypool would be fighting it out for the 6th spot instead of both likely seeing a significant amount of targets. Coleman could be eased in. Hollins could mainly just focus on special teams.

I hope Beane at least tries. He tried to give Arik Armstead the same money that Jacksonville gave him. Use that money and give Allen the caliber of weapons that he deserves.

I agree with all of this. The Niners & Raiders will want alot. Likely multiple high picks. Then there's managing the cap. Landing one of these guys would immediately vault our pass catcher group to top 10.  I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see BB try. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The problem with Aiyuk is he has established himself as a whiner.  Showing that me-first attitude that is hard to deal with.  And Aiyuk wants top dollar.  Although in this instance I guess a lot of it could be put off into the future.

I agree with the sentiment, just getting a top tier WR changes the whole complexion/makeup of the WR room.  The odds of it happening this season seem low but one of Aiyuk/Adams/Metcalf/Dhop would really help.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Beane is particularly keen on handing out a $30 million receiver contract right after he just got out of the Diggs contract, and I also think he's happy with the current WR room.

I agree.  I caused a stir talking about wideouts a month ago, but I haven't changed my mind.   I think the level of the talent in the WR room and their collective contracts (and the fact that the Bills didn't willing to pay either Diggs or Davis) probably tells us something about Beane's philosophy on this subject.  

Still, we can be sure that Beane and McDermott have had one or more serious conversations about (1) the kind of impact Aiyuk would have on the Bills offense and (2) how much the Bills would be willing to give up to get him.  

• Like (+1) 6

I have thought all along that it would be better business for the 49ers to trade away Deebo Samuel (who is older and has a longer injury history than Aiyuk) and extend Aiyuk.

Once they drafted Ricky Pearsall -- whose skillset in some ways mirrors that of Aiyuk, I began to think that maybe they were preparing for the inevitability of an Aiyuk trade afterall.

With Deebo, a 1st round draftee, Juaun Jennings who they just re-signed, and Jacob Cowing, they seem to have set themselves up to have the flexibility to make this trade, should they decide to do so. Given their depth at the position and how much the 49ers like to use pro sets anyway, they may feel like Aiyuk is more trouble than he's worth at this point.

• Agree 1

Would be an incredible addition to our mediocre WR room. He would take so much pressure off of Coleman which could actually benefit his transition into the league.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not certain it was clearly getting out of a $30m WR contract versus getting value before you cut a 30yr old WR about to need a 3rd contract

25yr old getting 2nd contract at 25-30m isn't the same risk/issue

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Would be an incredible addition to our mediocre WR room. He would take so much pressure off of Coleman which could actually benefit his transition into the league.

Imagine Aiyuk and Samuel out wide, Shakir in the slot, Kincaid at tight end, and Coleman coming off the bench at X and big slot? 

Imagine Coleman being able to move around the field and be schemed up into free releases (a la Rashee Rice last year) instead of being pigeon-holed as an X? Imagine Coleman being able to ease his way into the league and not have the pressure of trying to be "the guy" from day one? Having someone like Aiyuk to learn from?

Man...I truly wish a veteran like Adams or Aiyuk was in the cards. It would make me feel heaps better about the Bills' championship prospects in 2024. Alas, I think MVS, Claypool, and Hollins constitute Beane's version of "veteran WR additions".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1